Any Lone Wolf - Off The Grid fliers in North Scottsdale ?? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 24, 2012, 08:11 PM
Discussion

Any Lone Wolf - Off The Grid fliers in North Scottsdale ??

Hey all, I just moved here from Chicago were I was sometimes flying at a club field, but mostly enjoyed flying on my own or with 1 or 2 others at an "unsanctioned" field.

I am moving very close to McDowell Mountain Ranch near the Mountains in NE Scottsdale. Wondering if anyone was flying up around that area or had some good off the grid fields. I am also thinking about doing some slope flying due to my proximity to the mountain. I mostly fly parkflyers and mini/micro planes.

Please understand, I am not against any clubs, I have been a member before. I just find that flying with just a couple others offers more of what i am looking for in this hobby. I see so much empty space out here that I figure someones gotta be flying on some of it, somewhere.

Any info would help a new AZ resident out.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2012, 09:26 AM
Proud member of AAA
Not doing much flying these days myself. Thought I would see if you might be interested in picking up a few or more new and used park flyer/micro planes that I have available. Good luck finding your new field.
Sep 30, 2012, 02:57 AM
google maps is your freind

it is good to see im not alone when it comes to flying, i get distracted easy

and the feild in AJ is farther than the spots i go to.
Nov 20, 2014, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiWiAzPilot
Hey all, I just moved here from Chicago were I was sometimes flying at a club field, but mostly enjoyed flying on my own or with 1 or 2 others at an "unsanctioned" field.

I am moving very close to McDowell Mountain Ranch near the Mountains in NE Scottsdale. Wondering if anyone was flying up around that area or had some good off the grid fields. I am also thinking about doing some slope flying due to my proximity to the mountain. I mostly fly parkflyers and mini/micro planes.

Please understand, I am not against any clubs, I have been a member before. I just find that flying with just a couple others offers more of what i am looking for in this hobby. I see so much empty space out here that I figure someones gotta be flying on some of it, somewhere.

Any info would help a new AZ resident out.
Im down the street from you
Nov 08, 2015, 07:35 PM
Welcome to AZ did you find a few guys to fly with yet?
Apr 18, 2016, 11:59 PM
Permanently Banned
McDowell Ranch-is that near the McCormick-Stillman railroad park? My cousin, who I set up with some plane stuff, is in that area.