Feb 07, 2013, 01:41 AM
nvm got it
Last edited by TimeTrave1er; Feb 07, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2013, 01:53 AM

Newb

1. I want to buy this board....where from i can get it?
2. Will this board be able to do autopiloting? What other kits are needed to do that?
Thanks
Feb 07, 2013, 02:25 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdous7466
1. I want to buy this board....where from i can get it?
2. Will this board be able to do autopiloting? What other kits are needed to do that?
Thanks
I would look into RcTimer's ArduFlyer. It's a clone of the APM2.5 board that runs arducopter.
Feb 07, 2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex
The motor PWM rate is 490HZ by default in the MPNG. (Can be changed in Mission Planner, parameter RC_SPEED)
The PWM rate for Gimbal servo is 50Hz (At least for RC6(Tilt) and RC5(Roll)).

PWM for gimbal servos generated by software. PWM for motors is hardware generator.

Little trick: If D10 and D11 not used by motors. You can attach RC11 and RC12 to these outputs for Gimbal. It will use hardware 50HZ PWM.
Sir Alex,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Feb 07, 2013, 06:08 AM
aka icsss
Quote:
The motor PWM rate is 490HZ by default in the MPNG. (Can be changed in Mission Planner, parameter RC_SPEED)

PWM for gimbal servos generated by software. PWM for motors is hardware generator.

Little trick: If D10 and D11 not used by motors. You can attach RC11 and RC12 to these outputs for Gimbal. It will use hardware 50HZ PWM.
Does this apply to 2.8 R3 too?
Feb 07, 2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_rui
Does this apply to 2.8 R3 too?
Try and look for RC_SPEED parameter in the Mission Planer, if it will be there it should work.
Feb 07, 2013, 06:59 AM
aka icsss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paku
Try and look for RC_SPEED parameter in the Mission Planer, if it will be there it should work.
I ment the trick:

Quote:
Feb 07, 2013, 07:04 AM
Just try , there will be no flames
Feb 07, 2013, 08:51 AM
Now my turn to ask about the above: is this a feature specifically developed for the Crius board ?
Because for Flyduino board D10 and D11 are not connected as I recall from my memories..
Thus, the follow-up: is Crius AIO now the new standard board used to develop MPNG, instead Flyduino, who was the initial reference board ?
Feb 07, 2013, 09:56 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Now my turn to ask about the above: is this a feature specifically developed for the Crius board ?
Because for Flyduino board D10 and D11 are not connected as I recall from my memories..
No. It's developed for APM board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Thus, the follow-up: is Crius AIO now the new standard board used to develop MPNG, instead Flyduino, who was the initial reference board ?
I'm never uses Flyduino board and develop MPNG for boards I'm have. And currently I'm prefer CRIUS v2. It's make my life easier with datalogging.
Feb 07, 2013, 10:03 AM

Build progress

Well, I finally got the CRIUS AIOP mounted onto my FR4 frame with all it's associated toys. No matter how neat you try to be and how big the frame is, there is always gonna be a mess of wires

Had to manually calibrate the ESCs as even after 3 attempts to do the auto calibration through the CRIUS, one motor always failed to sync up. Manual calibration finally did the trick. Only one channel had to be reversed.

I will be starting up again with recording the videos of the build starting with the ESC calibration and then moving onto the other basic setups and then onto the advanced setup such as the changing the flight mode and PID tuning, etc. As I learn I will record..

I have an idea for a harness type thingie that can be used to suspend an X type quad in order to perform the PID tuning. Will have that tested later on.

Moe fun!!
Feb 07, 2013, 10:16 AM
aka icsss
Quote:

I'm trying to implement the trick and use D10 and D11 as outputs for my gimbal servos. I'm doing this since I have a minor jitter on pins 44 and 45.

The first thing I noticed is that I don`t have RC12 in adv parameter list. How can I assign RC12 for gimbal usage?

Second, neither D10 or D11 works with RC11. I assigned RC11 to camera roll but it doesn't work.. The servo was connected to D10 and D11.

Third.. D10 and D11 outputs are using hardware 50HZ PWM "by default"? Or I have to change the frame rate in MP or code?

I'm using 2.8 R3 with AIO PRO V1.0

Thanks,
Feb 07, 2013, 10:37 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Quote:
I'm trying to implement the trick and use D10 and D11 as outputs for my gimbal servos. I'm doing this since I have a minor jitter on pins 44 and 45.

The first thing I noticed is that I don`t have RC12 in adv parameter list. How can I assign RC12 for gimbal usage?

Second, neither D10 or D11 works with RC11. I assigned RC11 to camera roll but it doesn't work.. The servo was connected to D10 and D11.

Third.. D10 and D11 outputs are using hardware 50HZ PWM "by default"? Or I have to change the frame rate in MP or code?

Thanks,
I'm tried it on latest 2.9 so on 2.8 it may not work. Will check this evening.
Feb 07, 2013, 04:27 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Quote:

Thanks,
Sorry, I'm make small mistake RC10 = D11 pin, RC11 = D12 pin
Yes, by default it works at 50Hz rate.
I'm just checked it with 2.8R3 and latest Mission planner.

P.S. I'm rewritten code for Camera Relay. So in 2.9 it will work on D46 pin (TRIGGER). This is digital output (TTL) not PWM! If you want to you servo for shutter, you must assign one of RC channel which is available. in example RC10 or RC11.
Feb 07, 2013, 04:54 PM
aka icsss
Quote:
Sorry, I'm make small mistake RC10 = D11 pin, RC11 = D12 pin
Yes, by default it works at 50Hz rate.
I'm just checked it with 2.8R3 and latest Mission planner.

P.S. I'm rewritten code for Camera Relay. So in 2.9 it will work on D46 pin (TRIGGER). This is digital output (TTL) not PWM! If you want to you servo for shutter, you must assign one of RC channel which is available. in example RC10 or RC11.
Quik test and it works! Thanks!
The signal seams a lot cleaner. I have 0 jitter.

A couple of questions:
1. D11 and D12 works at 50Hz rate only if assigned to RC11 and RC10 as gimbal control?
2. When pitch is controlled by RC on input CH6, I have some jitter induced by my TX (Turnigy9X). Can that signal, that comes from TX, be filtered somehow?

Thanks again!

Quick Reply