Dec 08, 2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumET
For those who wondered about pins 34 and 35. If you follow the traces, 34 and 35 lead to pins 31 and 30 on the atmega2560. The datasheet says pins 30 and 31 are RESET and VCC. I can leave you to your own devices to do what you will with that.
Wow dont know where you got that from.

34 and 35 are digital pins and can be used to switch digital things on and off. I am using 32,33,34 and 35 for copter leds (will upload details shortly).

heres the pinouts
http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/PinMapping2560

and the trace maps back to digital pin 34 and 35
Last edited by 1-2-hak; Dec 08, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram
Lot of things could cause that,

Make sure no other program is already connected to COM4

Check in device manager that COM4 has the right drivers - no yellow question mark.

Unplug USB wait a few seconds plug USB back in again.

Try another USB port.
Sometimes its the simple things lol... Thanks for your replys mate

Ok so i got it connected via com4.. but it wont read the FC
Reloaded the FW (checked the led's next to the usb were flashing)
Then tried again but no go...

I then thought i'll just take it out and test it.. but it wont arm

So it looks like its got the FW loading but doesnt seem to be on there
Dec 08, 2012, 06:51 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulksta
...I then thought i'll just take it out and test it.. but it wont arm

So it looks like its got the FW loading but doesnt seem to be on there
Any LED activity on the board?
Pressed "start" in MultiWiiConf?
Set max throws on your Tx?
Dec 08, 2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO
Any LED activity on the board?
Pressed "start" in MultiWiiConf?
Set max throws on your Tx?
Yep pressed "start" & "read" Only thing that changed was was in that white box a dead straight line flowed

I tried playing the the TX while it was pluged to the pc as well but no change.

I'll run throught it again tomorrow and note the led activity but there was two lights that staied solid and two others flashed till the board was level.. i'll report back tomorrow the colours etc
Dec 08, 2012, 07:34 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
@Hulksta
Just another thought.
Your MultiWiiConf looks like the "old" version. If you are using anything newer than MultiWii 2.1, you might need to run the newer Conf.
Dec 08, 2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavenLoh
hi, i had the same problem as you were before.But i had solved the problem.
What i did is i cut the tx/rx line from the FTDI(FT232RQ) to the ATMEGA2560 on the CRIUS AIO PRO.
Because the tx/rx of FT232RQ appears to be "sucking" the signal from our external FTDI, that is what causes the problem.

My crius is working fine now.

Regards,
Javen
Just happened to me too. Rushing out after programming Led sequencing - forgot to remove cable - lost the usb port.
I couldnt program the board again using the ftdi port. I cut the tx track first and was able to connect using mission planner. A cut to the rx and a reset to the board allowed me to reprogram.

Thanks Javen
Dec 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah second board arrived.

Status first board: Tried to flash the full flash content I got on this topic, no luck. Tried a copy of the second board's content: no luck either.... damn... Will try another program for the USBasp.

flashed the MPNG 2.8 from SVN to the second board, and it really flies like a charm! PID tuning is much better after the last 2 changes Sir Alex had made. Tested so far on an quadcopter (X-config, with U-Blox Neo 6m gps, FrSky D8R-II receiver):

* Acro: ok
* Stabilize: ok
* RTL: ok
* Pos hold: ok (feels better as 2.7 but could also be a tuning-thingy)
* Loiter: ok (stated as above, 2.8 feels much better)
* Auto/WP's/Circle: not tested yet

Also tested with a Arduino Nano v3.0 and JB-drones firmware, to get MAVlink to FrSKy, works nice!
Last edited by ThaLX; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Dec 08, 2012, 11:17 AM
Yes. 2.8 beta (r247) is flying well.

But Camera gimbal not working anymore. Checked it with all changes made in 2.7 in config.h, but something is differnt on 2.8.

Sir Alex? Any ideas what to change to make Gimbal working again?

I Solved the Problem:

Don´t apply any changes to config.h (like in 2.7 R4)

Install (or update) to newest MissionPlanner.
Tilt is now RC5 ! If you want to override it with your Headtracker or RC, use channel 7 on your receiver and enter it in the "RC-input checkbox".

Reverse and all other Gimbal settings are now working via MissionPlanner. No need to change config.h
Last edited by critical_limit; Dec 08, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Dec 08, 2012, 01:26 PM

launching a mission

I have AIOP, MPNG, and APMP ground station. My quad flies great in the loiter, stabilize, and land flight modes.. When I set up a mission in the APMP, I cannot get my quad to run the mission.
After setting up the mission and have a good 3d radio connection, gps lock, and armed situation, what else needs to be done to get the quad to take-off, run the way-points, and land? I have the following screen shots. After setting up the mission, I click on the (mission---do action|). nothing happens. I have tried clicking on auto and that does not work either.
Last edited by kd4gfy; Dec 08, 2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: wrong pictures
Dec 08, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cat
Wow dont know where you got that from.

34 and 35 are digital pins and can be used to switch digital things on and off. I am using 32,33,34 and 35 for copter leds (will upload details shortly).

heres the pinouts
http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/PinMapping2560

and the trace maps back to digital pin 34 and 35
From following the traces on the board and then looking at the datasheet for the atmega2560. [ http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc2549.pdf ] See the attached image. After marking the index green I see I was looking at the wrong pins. pins 55 and 56! PC3 (A11) PC2 (A10) much more useful. Thanks. I would be interested to see what you have done.

I was thinking the LEDs would work something like the second image and the same on pin 32.

Some other notes:

If Arduino says Done uploading but appears to have failed with an avrdude message like

Quote:
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0026 0x77 != 0x62
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
try using AVR Studio and connect to the board then select Erase. Close AVR Studio then recompile/upload with Arduino. This seems to be required every time while uploading firmware via SPI.

A buzzer works with MultiWii with the + side connected to pin 32 with no resistor and - side to ground.

An LED works with MultiWii with the + side connected to pin 33 with no resistor and - side to ground. Mostly pointless unless you can't see the status LEDs on the board itself.

Neither works with Megapirate that I have found so far. I have used

Code:
#define COPTER_LEDS ENABLED
and

Code:
#define PIEZO	ENABLED	
//#define PIEZO_LOW_VOLTAGE	DISABLED
#define PIEZO_ARMING		ENABLED
I believe this functionality may not be available with MP on the CRIUS at least at this time. I have not done much looking into the code but I do see the comment about using AN5 for CLI switch so maybe the pins can be switched somewhere.
Last edited by AsylumET; Dec 09, 2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: added corrected image
Dec 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Issue with a MinimOSD V0.1 / V1.9 - MPNG 2.7.4 setup, the whole evening waste to fix the "waiting for mavlink heartbeats..." issue, no success
No S3 sharing with other telemetry modem, both Tx-Rx connected, OSD protocol is set to Remzibi (good hint Mochaboy).
I have three LEDs on MinimOS, two sold red and one blue flickering, why this LED galore ?
Ground from S3 is connected to MinimOSD Gnd, not to Blk, btw, what's the difference ?
The mavlink speed is good 576500...
Any importance I test indoor and GPS has no fix ?
Armed, disarmed... nothing happens, still "waiting for ..." any idea what to check more ?
Dec 08, 2012, 05:29 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
OSD protocol is set to Remzibi (good hint Mochaboy).
Do not select Remzibi OSD! If you have any telemetry modem (3dr, bluetooth, xbee) check that S3 port is working fine with Mission Planner.
Dec 08, 2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLX

Also tested with a Arduino Nano v3.0 and JB-drones firmware, to get MAVlink to FrSKy, works nice!
When using the Nano do you need any other hardware to talk to the FrSKY receiver? I heard there is a need for a level converter or a MAX232 or a logic inverter or somehing. Or is it straight from Nano => Frsky.

Also did you double up on the telemetry port TX or did you attach to S0?

Thanks!
Dec 08, 2012, 06:48 PM
hey Sir Alex thanks for all the hard work!!
Dec 09, 2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex
Do not select Remzibi OSD! If you have any telemetry modem (3dr, bluetooth, xbee) check that S3 port is working fine with Mission Planner.
Huh... and I was sure this is a great hint
Will check with BT.
Please, may I change OSD on S1? Would be much better as wiring layout also.

Quick Reply