Sep 23, 2012, 10:06 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando
allright.. i am doing something wrong and i don't know what..

i got the latest code (thanks nebstress) put it in my arduino folder, and loaded the attitude.pde.
changed APM_Config.H. (PIRATES_CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1 , set GPS to auto and set baro to AP_BARO_MS5611_I2C)

i connect the AIOP to usb (com 12) and selected upload.
then i get a buckload of errors..

now.. what am i doing wrong? this is my first attempt with arduino so i think it's just a stupid thing on my side.
check lists
Make sure its 1.0.1 arduino
delete original library files from arduino 1.0.1 folder
make sure you open the Arducopter.INO file, so it will load all the thing.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2012, 10:14 AM
Load megapirate or makefile file not a part of the FW by the way did you replace libraries?
Sep 23, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boykintom
Thanks for the tip on auto-trim--I didn't know about that! It worked well. Now if I can just get loiter to work well, I'll be in business. I'm using this GPS, and Mission Planner shows 9 satellites when I hook up to the laptop out in the front yard, but when I switch on loiter, the quad seems to try to hold, but it wanders over at least a 10 meter area. I was expecting better than that from what I've read and what I've seen on video.

I don't think this affects my flight performance, but I haven't been able to hook up my rx inputs in the order shown on the board. Is there a way to change that? Mine are actually in the order starting from the bottom: aileron, throttle elevator and rudder.

One more question, how much foam tape is needed to cover the barometer? Is there a perfect balance between light protection and air flow restriction?
Nice,
Now it's all about PID settings:
http://arducopter.googlecode.com/fil...d_Loiter_1.pdf

I managed to get good loiter performance without wind, but when the wind is blowing its a completely different story, I believe it's all about settings ( or at least I hope for...)
Good luck
Lior
Sep 23, 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
No you can not load new firmware (Sketches) via Bluetooth or telemetry (APC###,3DR,etc).
Well that sucks, but thanks anyways.
Sep 23, 2012, 10:22 AM
I found changing one parameter at a time compiling works for me. Then you know what one is causing the issue.
Sep 23, 2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw
You could do it via an ftdi cable or cp2102 though yeah?
Thanks, I'll wait another couple of days for the replacement USB socket to arrive first but if it pops off again (or if I just can't solder it in place) then I'll look into those other options.
Sep 23, 2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando
allright.. i am doing something wrong and i don't know what..

i got the latest code (thanks nebstress) put it in my arduino folder, and loaded the attitude.pde.
changed APM_Config.H. (PIRATES_CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1 , set GPS to auto and set baro to AP_BARO_MS5611_I2C)

i connect the AIOP to usb (com 12) and selected upload.
then i get a buckload of errors..

now.. what am i doing wrong? this is my first attempt with arduino so i think it's just a stupid thing on my side.
Did you remembered to define the correct arduino board ( arduino 2560 ) under the tools tab?
Sep 23, 2012, 10:45 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multor
check lists
Make sure its 1.0.1 arduino
delete original library files from arduino 1.0.1 folder
make sure you open the Arducopter.INO file, so it will load all the thing.
i think the problem is i didn't deleted the original files..
i thought i should open the attitude.PDE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma50
I found changing one parameter at a time compiling works for me. Then you know what one is causing the issue.
that's a smart tip!
will use it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055
Did you remembered to define the correct arduino board ( arduino 2560 ) under the tools tab?
that would be the arduino 2560 mega or or mega adk right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

compiling now....
all looking good!

uploading now........
done!

without any error!

thanks guys!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have to go to work now

i will hook it up to APM planner when i come home again.
Sep 23, 2012, 11:10 AM
Yes doing one thing at A time is wise as most of ous think we are experts and do not A from B with these technical contraptions,Marty.
Sep 23, 2012, 01:32 PM
hello,

I have a sonar HC-SR04 and wants to use it in MultiWii 2.1 but I had to admit that no code for Sonar is what I have to tuen that I can use the sonar.

Besides these I have to say that I use a use OCTA X8 and what I have to exit because

Thanks to all who help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
I am using MultiWii 2.1 & have a HC-SR04 sonar.

Please can anyone tell me if & how to get it working, is it just a case of defining the right parts in the sketch or is there more to it, if possible at all?

Sep 23, 2012, 01:42 PM
Sonar for me too please
Sep 23, 2012, 02:05 PM
<Marty>
in everybodies opinion is this the best board on the market for the price? i am thinking of getting into quads and was thinking this board could be a good choice to start with cause i want GPS feature to play around with...also has anybody tried this board on a traditional Heli like a 450 size ect...and will it handle high speed digital cyclic servos or does it only handle analog servos?

thanks all...
Sep 23, 2012, 02:11 PM
About servos it is interesting question but i thing digital are ok because Crius have FPV output for gimbal and digitals are precise for this task
Sep 23, 2012, 02:28 PM
<Marty>
i was thinking of getting the board first and playing around with it on one of my Heli's to learn a bit on how to set it up ect...will it accept satellites as input or does it need to be a traditional full size rx?
thanks again and sorry for the newb questions...
Sep 23, 2012, 02:41 PM
Not sure understand satellites vs. Full size RX what you mean?

Quick Reply