Sep 11, 2020, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
Hi all,

I stumbled across this project and bought an Arduino and an IMU to do it, but couldn't help myself and ended up making a custom PCB instead. It's designed to slip into a plastic enclosure and mount to the strap mounting point on the DJI Digital FPV goggles, hence the unusual bolt pattern.

I'm planning to take a stab at adding support for this board to the open-source code (I used an ICM-20948 IMU, which I don't think is supported at the moment. There's also a buzzer that could be used for feedback.) Where's the latest code collaboration happening nowadays, kniuk's GitHub?
That looks great I would love some schematics and a BOM so I could make a copy.
Last edited by rocketstrong; Sep 12, 2020 at 09:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2020, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=pierrotm777;44983845]Hello all,

I need help.

I have build my own head tracker with a Pro Micro atmega32U4 and a GY-85.
I try to connect it with GUI but GUI return me 'Haedware not found, please check COM port'.
I use the version 1.09 - March 2020 .

Thanks for your help !

Pierre[/QUOTE

Did you ever find the answer to your connection issue?
I can't find version 1.9, but I'm having the same problem with version 1.08
Oct 29, 2020, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE=senders76;45756029]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrotm777
Hello all,

I need help.

I have build my own head tracker with a Pro Micro atmega32U4 and a GY-85.
I try to connect it with GUI but GUI return me 'Haedware not found, please check COM port'.
I use the version 1.09 - March 2020 .

Thanks for your help !

Pierre[/QUOTE

Did you ever find the answer to your connection issue?
I can't find version 1.9, but I'm having the same problem with version 1.08
No, i have always my Problem.
I have now a Nano for test the code.
Nov 03, 2020, 06:22 AM
Hi guys,

I’m using the DJI HD FPV System on my glider.
I wanted to implement the head tracker to it.

After a lot of research on this thread and some hours on the bench, I finally got it to work !
Note that it is compatible with any goggles (just install some velcro pads).

Here is the video :
Headtracker Module - DJI HD FPV (1 min 55 sec)

For those of you who are interested, don’t hesitate to send me a PM, I can sell some of these !
Nov 04, 2020, 12:22 AM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
That pan was pretty far off centre after just a few seconds of use. Is that as good as it gets?
Nov 04, 2020, 03:06 AM
I moved the goggles during the initialization process, so the "centre" reference was a little offset. If you don't move the system at all during the first 10 seconds, you get a very solid reference.

I used the system for a 1 hour flight, and it did not drift at all.
Nov 04, 2020, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiB2534
I moved the goggles during the initialization process, so the "centre" reference was a little offset. If you don't move the system at all during the first 10 seconds, you get a very solid reference.

I used the system for a 1 hour flight, and it did not drift at all.
I added the button as well. So you can recenter the reference. That's just so you don't have to make sure everything is perfect before starting up. Ive only done a 15 minute flight but it worked well during that.
Nov 09, 2020, 11:44 AM

Head tracker

If in gui when I calibrate mag data is jumping hard - does it means that my module is not working?
Also roll, tilt seem to work fine, but pan just constant random data.
Last edited by AlexChrist; Nov 09, 2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: should have been PM
Nov 09, 2020, 04:57 PM
Hi , I am interested in purchasing a complete and test unit .. is this something you would be interested in making for me ?
Nov 12, 2020, 04:22 AM

Centering Pinout for Arduino Nano board?

I am looking for the (or any) diagram showing the centering pinout for the Arduino Nano. On the first page this is indicated for the Pro Mini but not for the Nano.

Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.
Nov 12, 2020, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycross
I am looking for the (or any) diagram showing the centering pinout for the Arduino Nano. On the first page this is indicated for the Pro Mini but not for the Nano.

Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.
It should be the same, pin 11 for pro mini at d11 for nano.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Nov 16, 2020, 11:15 AM

Can anyone help me set this up

Hi All,

I have build a DIY tracker by the example in this thread, if i flash the nano it works, i connect it to the gui and it gets recognized, but if i solder the MPU-9250 Gyroscoop to the nano, it gets not recognized by the GUI. it is driving me mad. i uploaded the sketch wit the Atmega328p (old Bootloader) because if i choose Atmega328P, it gets all error messages, i use arduino 1.8.10.

Help is appreciated, i want a tracker on my dji goggles
Nov 16, 2020, 11:20 AM
Hi man,

How much would it cost to build me one for my dji goggles.

I live in the Netherlands.

Kind regards Luc
Nov 18, 2020, 10:16 AM
ok i know i'm old, but for the life of me i can't get the GUI to load for me in windows 10. i can download the file but when i extrat it nothing..... help this old fart out.. maybe a blow bu blow ... push do this do that sorta thing..
thanks
Nov 19, 2020, 01:02 AM
Quadmania
make sure you have the most recent version. The original windows app does not work on recnt windows 10

Quick Reply