3D Fan Fold 3DX, Ultimate Bipe and Yak54...V5 - Page 18 - RC Groups
Nov 25, 2003, 03:30 PM
Pro Bro #1008
i charge mine in a crockpot on the stove...and i keep a pretty close watch on them little buggers...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2003, 03:34 PM
Minuteman III Ex
Just to add to the lipo stuff: I was soldering a pack the other night and became a bit frustrated. I then proceeded to accidentally "stab" the workbench and instead stabbed one of the etecs with an exacto knife. The darn thing went up like a roman candle and burned the hell out of my workbench. The smoke was so intense I had to open both garage doors and run out. I will definitely be more carefull and keep an extinguisher around the workarea.

Luis
Nov 25, 2003, 04:09 PM
E-Flight Addict
Birdie,
You're not supposed to use the li-poly packs in place of sterno to heat your beans!! LOL ! J/K
Nov 25, 2003, 04:18 PM
Pro Bro #1008
?
Nov 25, 2003, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Just to add to the lipo stuff: I was soldering a pack the other night and became a bit frustrated. I then proceeded to accidentally "stab" the workbench and instead stabbed one of the etecs with an exacto knife. The darn thing went up like a roman candle and burned the hell out of my workbench. The smoke was so intense I had to open both garage doors and run out. I will definitely be more carefull and keep an extinguisher around the workarea.

Did the pack swell up then ignite or was it instant? Just curious
Nov 25, 2003, 04:26 PM
Pro Bro #1008
i bet it was pretty instant..if the metal blade went thru both packs it probably shorted like a demon...

they are awesome, but the tiny little li-po's deserve respect...
Nov 25, 2003, 04:33 PM

3DX ...waiting on the weather

Finished my 2nd 3DX today. I used a Himax 2015-4100, Castle Creations Phoenix 25, Etec 3s1p. It finished out at 11 ozs. I just waiting for the wind to slow down some so I can give it a try.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!! Tom

Nov 25, 2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Bro #1008
damn that looks nice!!
Nov 25, 2003, 06:02 PM
RCL
RCL
RCLanding.com
birdie,
Now a crockpot I could come up with! What a thought.

Shortman,
Is that a H9 Edge540 in your avatar? I have one of those and love it!
Nov 25, 2003, 06:05 PM
RCL
RCL
RCLanding.com
Tom,
Nice job. It looks good! I like the decals!

All,
Has anyone tried moving the rud and ele servos closer to the CG, so the batt can go closer to the CG?
Mine came out a lot like Toms' config and I'm wondering if there's any advantage to having the majority of the weight very close to the CG.
Nov 25, 2003, 06:32 PM
Leave me alone!
It's time for a part 6! I'm going to close this down. Please carry on in this thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hreadid=172623

Martin