Pro Bro #1008
so we post here now?
Nov 10, 2003, 01:55 PM
yepp
Nov 10, 2003, 02:05 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis

SWEET!

the first post closed due to high numbers in the 3D forum

looks like this forum is here to stay, so when does it get moved from the "trial forums" area?

phil
Nov 10, 2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Bro #1008
did you guys see Ryans video flyin the 3dx..? tha waterballoon hit was too kool! way to go Ryan...

you and mcbride are just 3d freeks!
Nov 10, 2003, 02:11 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by birdie_in_texas
did you guys see Ryans video flyin the 3dx..? tha waterballoon hit was too kool! way to go Ryan...

you and mcbride are just 3d freeks!
I just checked that out. He's now our very own Warren Miller of flying videos. I want more!

Martin
Nov 10, 2003, 02:34 PM
Pro Bro #1008
i hate to show my ignorance...but who is warren miller?
Nov 10, 2003, 02:40 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
He made himself famous by putting wild and crazy snow skiing stunts on video connected with rock songs in a style that kept you captivated endlessly - myself, anyway.

Martin
Nov 10, 2003, 02:49 PM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Birdie,
If you are a skier or even not check out a Warren Miller film( www.warrenmiller.com) , He has been makeing films on sking and sailing for a long long time. Just saw his latest film ,Adventure, last weekend and once again it was awsome.

Got to fly the UB 30" 6 more times over the weekend. I am totally impressed with the Razor 2500 and the 3S3P Kokam 340 pack. Today at lunch I got 15 mins of pretty much pure hovering and high alpha stuff. The motor and pack was barely warm. If I keep practicing hovering like the way I have been I may just be able to do it one of these days. Thinking I have to build a Yak.

Cheers,
Jim
Nov 10, 2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Bro #1008
thanks for the info..i will look for his stuff and maybe find a vid to D/L..

am thinking that the 2500 overpowers the hell outta that UB..! bet it is fun! i am waiting for the depron to come in so i can build a UB and a Yak...!! but i will have to settle for my razor 300 ...aww...shucks..!! hahahaha

thanks!

birdie
Nov 10, 2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Bro #1008
hey rpvpilot...where do you work..? i just saw a video of you flying indoors in a place that looked like BVM or something...lots of jet fuse's hanging everywhere..

so what's up? tell us please..?

birdie
Nov 10, 2003, 03:39 PM
A little off topic, but I remember seeing Warren Miller movies at the local ski shop - back when Warren used to narrate them himself, live! Thanks for bringing that up Martin...

Now, back to the task at hand - Yaks...
Nov 10, 2003, 05:55 PM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Birdie,
Yea....the 2500 on 5.5:1 gearing is a rocketship to say the least. I figured that the 10 gram diffrence would not be noticable and the motor seems to be a better all around motor for diffrent planes. using the GWS box it makes it so easy to switch the motor system to other planes. OK, had to do it, I bought the plans for the Yak 54.....now do I go 40" hmmmmm......

Cheers for now,
Jim
Nov 10, 2003, 07:46 PM

Castle Creations question

I have just recieved a Razor 350 and Casle Creations 25 speed control.
Do I need to program anything else other than the cut off for the 1200 3s E-Tec Pack. I haven't got the Lipos yet, what voltage should Iset it to
Nov 10, 2003, 07:56 PM
40%, 5% whats the diff?
Hmmm, Im wondering, should I buy yak plans or build another 3dx??? Decisions decisions.
Sean

Quick Reply