Jun 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
Texas NewB
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Hausler 500 SE RTF

I heard about this Helicopter in the Mini section from sonnetg that got it and put it in a AirWolf fuselage.
So I figured I would check it out my self.
Found it here
http://skyhobby.en.alibaba.com/produ..._3D_6_CH_.html

It appears to come with every thing its little brother the 450 V2 did mines a changer.
My cost was $229.76 which seemed like a nice Price and something to work with.
I ordered this on May 2 2012
It took them 5 weeks to even ship it to me.
Then in shipping it to me they shipped it 2 defrent ways.
they sent the Helicopter threw Hong Kong Post and the Battery threw Swiss post.
I'm still waiting on the Battery.
I well spend the next few days taking it apart and going over it to find any and all
problems and locktite all the screws and oiling and greasing the bearings
Here is what is in the box
Last edited by Black_heart; Jun 24, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hummm....curious to see how a 230 dollar 500 size heli flies..
Jun 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
Retired Old Guy
The Hausler 450 flies great. I hope the 500 is as good or maybe even better than the 450. The hobby shop where I bought my 450 told me that they did not think Hausler would enter the 500 market. I am glad to see their entry.

RWW
Jun 28, 2012, 10:17 PM
Texas NewB
Thread OP
OK got some updates Now.
I got it taken apart and Every thing looks good No grinding bearings no bent parts only bad parts
I found is the ESC on it has a bad bec in it I got a 5a UBEC I'm going to stick on it from my 600 to test it.
The bearings did not have allot of grease in them.
The tail Pitch arm is to soft and would bend when you try to turn CW.
I had to put bigger screws in the tail control linkage Because there was allot of slop in them.
The main and tail drive gears have a small bit of warp to them they are run able but don't know
How long they well last.
The Blades need balanced on is 2.4oz and the other one is 2.5oz they are both straight and I don't see no flaws in them.
The Frame Is pretty flexible Not any where close to one of my HK600GT frames
or My Align 600E silver fiber glass frames.
I removed the ZDfly radio and put a AR6110e in it so I can use my DX8 on it.
I was able to take it outside and spool it up and did not get no vibrations and the blades track really good.
Hope I can get some video of it this weekend.

I contacted the people I got the helicopter from and they are sending me this missing USB plug and program for the radio.
They also told me that they are no longer putting fiber glass canopies in there kits.
the bad part is they don't fit the 6S 30c 3000 battery I'm using.
They battery that goes to the helicopter showed up today and My wife missed the post lady so I have to go to the
post office to get it in the morning
Jul 15, 2012, 02:28 AM
Texas NewB
Thread OP
I got 2 battery packs threw it last weekend but no video.
Motor wize seems pretty good plenty of power and runs smooth
I ended Up replacing the tail drive gears (both) the sounds it was making I just could not take.
The tail servo ended up being a joke and had no right being on the tail.
I put a Solar D652 on it and replaced the ZD720 gyro with my GA250 out of my HK450 because I just
had next to no tail control in it what so ever.
The flight ended very badly to say the least.
One main shaft
One set of blades
One main gear
not to bad as far as parts go.
other then fighting the tail most of the time I was in the air it handle nicely.
steady even movements witch being use to flying a 450 was a surprise almost like moving in
slow motion as far as stick commands go.
I well be taking it back out tomorrow and see if the new servo and gyro help the tail out.
also going to try and get my 600 off the ground to
Jul 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
Thx for the update BH....I decided to pick up again on my 500 project and got some parts on order. Hopefully I will get it airborne in 2 weeks.
Jul 15, 2012, 07:51 PM
Texas NewB
Thread OP
Here is a quick video of some hovering Bear in mind I still have some trimming to do and I ran into a problem with the
Head not holding tracking for some reason so I need to pull it apart and check this out.
I may not put to much time into it because I got a CX3X-1000 on the way that may find it's way on
to this one
The New servo helped the tail out allot but as you can see in the video I got/had a tail wag problem I thing I got solved.
The Stock cyclic servos I be leave are going to need replaced soon as they are already building up play in the output shaft.
I know they well not hold up for FBL
Black Heart with 500, still tweaking (2 min 38 sec)

Quick Reply