Thread Tools
Jun 22, 2012, 04:51 PM
Registered User
Help!

I need tips for my first fpv on a tricopter


I was build the RCExplore Tricopter V2.5 and now I have some experience....
And now I want to fly with FPV but it hard to keep the altitude !

I was try today buy I was go up so fast and I wasn't saw it on the FPV,

1. Do you have some tips for me keep the altitude With no OSD?

2. Need my camera to be angle ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2012, 05:33 AM
Registered User
Please help
Jun 23, 2012, 07:03 AM
Great Britain
MrBen.'s Avatar
try adjusting your throttle curve so it doesnt climb so quickly lets say for example it hovers at 60% throttle and you have a 5 point throttle curve I would try
0-50-60-70-85
Jun 23, 2012, 07:33 AM
Registered User
Thanks,

Do you know a simulator that have a tricopter in FPV ?
Jun 23, 2012, 07:41 AM
SILURIA / UK
Shikra's Avatar
1 - What Ben said

2 - Practice on a sim:
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...tor-usb-dongle

3 - Then its just experience!
Jun 23, 2012, 09:45 AM
Do a Barrel Roll!
rcbif's Avatar
Yep, the throttle curve helps greatly.

Also, flying a bit more than tree height will give you a good perspective of your altitude. It's hard to tell the difference from 5ft over grass vs. 20ft over grass unless you have a visual reference like a tree or person.
Jun 23, 2012, 09:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
1 - What Ben said

2 - Practice on a sim:
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...tor-usb-dongle

3 - Then its just experience!

thanks, but i'm also looking on a model of a tricopter on: AeroFly, RealFlight or Phoenix !
can you give me a download ?

Quote:
Yep, the throttle curve helps greatly.

Also, flying a bit more than tree height will give you a good perspective of your altitude. It's hard to tell the difference from 5ft over grass vs. 20ft over grass unless you have a visual reference like a tree or person
this is a good idea ...
Last edited by jordanmeir; Jun 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Jun 24, 2012, 07:44 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
jordanmeir, like others said, setting your throttle curve will help.
Out of curiosity, what FC are you using? KK board?
Getting a good FC will definitely help your flight, like an AQ or Naza.

The first rule of FPV is making sure you are comfortable with the aircraft.
Jun 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
I found it quite a bit easier to FPV pilot my tricopter than to pilot it LoS.
One thing that helps when you're first learning is to keep moving forward. Fly it like an
airplane. Land it like an airplane on a steep descent rather than trying to descend vertically.

For the most part learning to fly a variety of non-3D helis in any simulator
from a FPV perspective will help with your tricopter. You don't need a tricopter specific model.

ian
Jun 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
I found it quite a bit easier to FPV pilot my tricopter than to pilot it LoS.
One thing that helps when you're first learning is to keep moving forward. Fly it like an
airplane. Land it like an airplane on a steep descent rather than trying to descend vertically.

For the most part learning to fly a variety of non-3D helis in any simulator
from a FPV perspective will help with your tricopter. You don't need a tricopter specific model.

ian
I must agree with you Ian. In FPV, there is no orientation to worry about. You pilot the aircraft like you're sitting inside it. Try nose in LOS and you will go nuts on your control (well, for me that is). FPV on the other hand, nose in, is a piece of cake.
Jun 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Similar to the above, get some altitude. Close to the ground is a disaster waiting to happen.

Don't try and get up there to gingerly. Practice a couple if steady climb outs from the ground without the goggles, and then employ the same technique when you have the goggles on to get up there.

Once you are up, you might find it is easier than you think.

Good luck and post some vids!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Need advice on purchasing my first quad please. Papa Raboon Multirotor Drone Talk 4 Oct 26, 2012 07:06 PM
Discussion just ordered my first kit... :) need advise on ESC elcid79 Electric Plane Talk 7 Apr 16, 2012 06:32 AM
Discussion Wimped out on first time trying FPV on my hexacopter, any help to get over the fear jasper7821 FPV Talk 13 Mar 28, 2012 07:15 AM
Discussion my first glider need help with tips on how to set it up newtohelis Electric Sailplanes 2 Dec 15, 2007 02:06 AM