Thread Tools
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
UAVProducts is offline
Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
Anyone flying this Maxamps batteries? Lifetime warranty sounds nice, since my Zippys died after a year, but intense use.
And 11000mah pack is 400g lighter than 2x Zippy 5800 pack.

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-11000-222-Pack.htm
$400 for one battery. I could buy close to 4 Turnigy's or Gens Ace etc. for that. Plus if/when one cell goes the whole pack is junk.

I guess I should order a bunch 6s lipos direct from the manufacture. They contact me to order direct or OEM them. I just never do because its hard to compete with Hobbypartz.com or hobbyking.com

That's my 2 cents
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:27 PM
piscaj is offline
Find More Posts by piscaj
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
how do you balance those thin props ? with tape ? sanding ? paint ?
I sanded close to the hub.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:47 PM
BorisSA is offline
Find More Posts by BorisSA
Registered User
were are these redundant video with the s800 can't find them anymore !

hmm removed ;( just wanted to show it to some one !
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:25 PM
CASCARLOS is offline
Find More Posts by CASCARLOS
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
CASCARLOS,

Have you tried to spool up the motors without props on? How does it react? I think the LED is independent of the esc. I remember one other own had this problem. I am not sure it he solved his issue as well. You might run a search of this thread.
The led blink once When connect and disconnect battery. I tried spool motor, led do not work
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:07 AM
shdwkeeper is offline
Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
And this post is why I'm not afraid to fly my S800. Robert / DJIUSA will take care of you.
Yes he will
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:53 AM
dennyrowland@mac is offline
Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
WOW....that is crazy low Atti number.

It must come back to level very slow and lazy?? I usually keep mine around 100 because for video I want it smooth and slow. But with Z15 I guess it doesn't matter as much now.

I don't even adjust the gains on the WKM anymore.
Depends on the mode you fly. in GPS it is more nervous than in atti. At 100 setting I see a regular beat.
The more high frequency large changes to the ESC's the higher the temps. so That is the direction that I am working on. It's a reliability thing.
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Sep 17, 2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:53 AM
Hypam is offline
Find More Posts by Hypam
Registered User
For those of you who like to crash their S800:

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:39 AM
dennyrowland@mac is offline
Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
For those of you who like to crash their S800:

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
I didn't think it would take em long. I hope those internal wires are done with a little care and attention.

I had a nice windy day at the beach today so I took the Zen off the S800 to make it more lively and moved the battery to the center and decided to do some intensive set-up. Windy enough for the kite surfers and far too windy for my light quads. My low atti settings that I mentioned before would not hold the GPS position so they ended up at 130 before it would hold position. Main gain was at 240 240 100 140 and advanced was V.damp 140 dist.G 160
vert 120 120 Quite some way from what I was using and a little more in line with what some of you guys are using. I have to say the S800 is as good as any MK Okto that I have seen in a strong gusty wind. I am luvin it at the moment.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
quadslo is offline
Find More Posts by quadslo
Registered User
do you have some video?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:34 AM
Ab74 is offline
Find More Posts by Ab74
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
For those of you who like to crash their S800:

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
Link does not work on my end. What is it exactly?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:38 AM
Tahoe Ed is online now
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Link does not work on my end. What is it exactly?
Cloned S800 arm for $20.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:41 AM
Huddo is offline
Find More Posts by Huddo
Registered User
I've got big vibes!

Going to look at the prop balance tomorrow to see if its causing the issue.

Also getting 2 white flashes every now and then which i think is due to the vibration

DJI S800 Second Flight - Attitude Test - DJI Wookong-M (3 min 34 sec)
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
piccoloflyer is offline
Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
were are these redundant video with the s800 can't find them anymore !

hmm removed ;( just wanted to show it to some one !
anyone know why DJi remove the video?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Z06 Tony is online now
Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
I've got big vibes!

Going to look at the prop balance tomorrow to see if its causing the issue.

Also getting 2 white flashes every now and then which i think is due to the vibration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYsWJa8ZjE
Did you balance the stock props before the video?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
flytahiti is offline
Find More Posts by flytahiti
Registered User
flytahiti's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
I didn't think it would take em long. I hope those internal wires are done with a little care and attention.

I had a nice windy day at the beach today so I took the Zen off the S800 to make it more lively and moved the battery to the center and decided to do some intensive set-up. Windy enough for the kite surfers and far too windy for my light quads. My low atti settings that I mentioned before would not hold the GPS position so they ended up at 130 before it would hold position. Main gain was at 240 240 100 140 and advanced was V.damp 140 dist.G 160
vert 120 120 Quite some way from what I was using and a little more in line with what some of you guys are using. I have to say the S800 is as good as any MK Okto that I have seen in a strong gusty wind. I am luvin it at the moment.
have you tried those setting with the z15 on ? are the advanced setting same with z15?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 06:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 11:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 02:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Talk 8 May 14, 2012 02:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 04:11 AM