Nov 11, 2013, 08:04 PM
Me too.

The Vulcan does seem to be a "proper" frame. Not really heard anything negative about it, particularly in comparison with s800/evo

Have you seen the video of the Grython Dynamics frame, where a (albeit small oriental) man stands on the frame with the arms supported by bricks - I'd like to see that done with an Evo!

With the price comparison to the evo, I know which one I would choose - really well engineered by the look of it and definitely developed for the Pro market.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
Me too.

The Vulcan does seem to be a "proper" frame. Not really heard anything negative about it, particularly in comparison with s800/evo

Have you seen the video of the Grython Dynamics frame, where a (albeit small oriental) man stands on the frame with the arms supported by bricks - I'd like to see that done with an Evo!

With the price comparison to the evo, I know which one I would choose - really well engineered by the look of it and definitely developed for the Pro market.
I have one and is awesome. Excellent quality
Bill
Nov 12, 2013, 04:57 PM
zzr
zzr
DEAF-POWER
Geez. Today I got black package of 6 arms EVO without the hard box. It''s smashed. Black box is very soft and thin, you are very silly! Where is my hard box? folding props are cracked and scratched on the arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Just for the record that is not our soldering!!!!

James (zzr), I'll just pull new complete arms out of stock and ship them to you on Monday. I'll take the old arms and keep them for the shop rats to fly here.
Nov 12, 2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
I have one and is awesome. Excellent quality
Bill
Looks fantastic, their attention to detail is striking, just wish I could justify one.

That's what dji should have tried to emulate as a pro unit.

Wookong M flight controller?
Nov 12, 2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
That's what dji should have tried to emulate as a pro unit.
It seems to me that (with the S800/EVO, anyway), a central part of their design thinking was the ability to quickly break the thing down into a very portable rig. All depends on your priorities. You can't get the shot if you can't get to the shot.
Nov 12, 2013, 06:45 PM
AEM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAgeMedia View Post
It seems to me that (with the S800/EVO, anyway), a central part of their design thinking was the ability to quickly break the thing down into a very portable rig. All depends on your priorities. You can't get the shot if you can't get to the shot.
True that. They could have emulated the Flexacopter Hexa, though. I find it odd that more manufacturer's don't make detachable arms and landing gear. Flexacopter even makes detachable arms for Cinestar models. BTW, I sold my original s800 and used the funds for this.
Nov 12, 2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
I'm on emails and skype every morning and night making sure the GH3 Z15 issue is being taken care of with DJI. As soon as I get updates I will update.
I'm a paying DJI customer also so I understand fully the frustration.
Any updates? Just wondering if they've meant that they're mailing the fix to dealers in two weeks, or they're only about to start doing the fix in two weeks?
Nov 13, 2013, 02:53 AM
Any advice for a new S800 Evo A2 owner?

Anything to look out for during the build?

What are the common issues causing people to crash? Don't fly in GPS mode?

S800 Evo
A2 DJI Flight controller
Zemuse with Nex7 with 16mm lens
DJI 5.8 video downlink
Futaba 14 for pilot and Futaba 8 for camera operator
2X 5,300mah Gens Ace 6S batteries in parallel= 10,600mah per flight
Nov 13, 2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman123 View Post
Any advice for a new S800 Evo A2 owner?

Anything to look out for during the build?

What are the common issues causing people to crash? Don't fly in GPS mode?

S800 Evo
A2 DJI Flight controller
Zemuse with Nex7 with 16mm lens
DJI 5.8 video downlink
Futaba 14 for pilot and Futaba 8 for camera operator
2X 5,300mah Gens Ace 6S batteries in parallel= 10,600mah per flight
Good that you started with the A2 and a quality radio and here's a few pointers

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there's a wealth of experience on this forum that can probably answer any question you can think of.
Take your time with the build and read the manual several times before even thinking of programing the A2.
Make the first dozen or so flights without the Zenmuse / camera till your comfortable with how the EVO flies and you gain some experience.
Search the thread for EVO and read the posts as many questions you have may already be answered.
Check prop balance
Buy the iOSD II as it adds logging which can be invaluable in the event of a crash.
Film your flights from the ground, again a valuable record if anything goes wrong.
Check and update all firmware on ALL devices then re-calibrate the radio and the compass (follow the manual on compass calibration).
Take off & land in Atti mode (only switch to GPS once a steady hover above 5m is achieved)
Do NOT switch to manual close to the ground, in fact stay away from manual unless you really know what you're doing.
Do NOT fly fast backwards (Seems to have been some crashes after fast rearward flight)

Most important advice is not to put anymore $$ into the air then you can afford to lose.
Last edited by Brett1868; Nov 13, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
Nov 13, 2013, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAgeMedia View Post
Not wishing to derails this thread, but when you mention quick to break down or set up, have you not seen the quick release arms on the Gryphon Dymanics frames, like the one bcollydas posted a picture of.

They are properly engineered works of art, and when you look at the prices in comparison to s800 evo, they are not overly expensive.

Not owning one I can't speak from experience, but from what I've seen, there is nothing you can do with the evo, that can't be done with the GD frame.
Nov 13, 2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
True that. They could have emulated the Flexacopter Hexa, though. I find it odd that more manufacturer's don't make detachable arms and landing gear. Flexacopter even makes detachable arms for Cinestar models. BTW, I sold my original s800 and used the funds for this.
Removable parts is not only for the Flexacopter.
I purchased a set for the Cinestar frame and I built an Octo.
They all fit in the 1650 Pelican case.
My customer travels between here and France and needs to transport the beast.
AUW of the vehicle is 16kgs
Now I am building a second.
It also has the wire isolator and the quick release for the gimbal
Bill
Nov 13, 2013, 10:09 AM
AEM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Removable parts is not only for the Flexacopter.
I purchased a set for the Cinestar frame and I built an Octo.
They all fit in the 1650 Pelican case.
My customer travels between here and France and needs to transport the beast.
AUW of the vehicle is 16kgs
Now I am building a second.
It also has the wire isolator and the quick release for the gimbal
Bill
Nice! That Kratos is looking good. I see that you needed special reinforcement to support that thing (for example, the braces on the landing skids as well as the landing gear adapter plates without holes in them). I hope my Hexa to end up around 7 kg only.
Nov 13, 2013, 11:51 AM
S800evo A2 futaba 12fgh 3axis aluminum gimbal my production
I flew for test (for new equipment)
I have still a problem with vibration and no centerplate not know what happened that turned the failsafe
Can someone check my log because I do not know how to read
thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0gai9pomkt072s/FLY202.DAT

Video 6, 04 failsafe 4, 10
https://vimeo.com/79312349
pass: vectra2002
Nov 13, 2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks Brett1868!

I plan to take this build slow and precise. I am in the process of reading all 562 page of the post. Wish we could download it into a PDF file

Yep, no camera or gimbal until it is flying rock solid! I got the IOSD II like you suggested. Good idea to film the first few early flights. Appreciate the advice. Looking forward to giving back to the S800 community as I get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett1868 View Post
Good that you started with the A2 and a quality radio and here's a few pointers

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there's a wealth of experience on this forum that can probably answer any question you can think of.
Take your time with the build and read the manual several times before even thinking of programing the A2.
Make the first dozen or so flights without the Zenmuse / camera till your comfortable with how the EVO flies and you gain some experience.
Search the thread for EVO and read the posts as many questions you have may already be answered.
Check prop balance
Buy the iOSD II as it adds logging which can be invaluable in the event of a crash.
Film your flights from the ground, again a valuable record if anything goes wrong.
Check and update all firmware on ALL devices then re-calibrate the radio and the compass (follow the manual on compass calibration).
Take off & land in Atti mode (only switch to GPS once a steady hover above 5m is achieved)
Do NOT switch to manual close to the ground, in fact stay away from manual unless you really know what you're doing.
Do NOT fly fast backwards (Seems to have been some crashes after fast rearward flight)

Most important advice is not to put anymore $$ into the air then you can afford to lose.
Nov 13, 2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
Nice! That Kratos is looking good. I see that you needed special reinforcement to support that thing (for example, the braces on the landing skids as well as the landing gear adapter plates without holes in them). I hope my Hexa to end up around 7 kg only.
Thanks those plates hold the retractable landing gear. I put the braces on because my client flies with 4-6S-8200mAh. Is kind of top heavy.
He sent me an email from France and he flew 13minutes and had 18% left in the batteries carrying the RED.
He is very happy, so am I.

Quick Reply