Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 13, 2013, 02:37 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthWKM
I am completing a setup with S800 and Zenmuse gimbal and have been trying to get a one radio setup using the Futaba 14SG radio. This accomodates two receivers but allocating the channels and attempting to keep all the functionality of S.BUS connections and the Main Controller and the Gimbol Controller has been a challenge. I have got something that appears to work but have not been able to get the DG channels 13 and 14 working even for shutter or video controls. I have also been warned from the guy at the local store that the use of the PWM can cause the craft to 'twitch' which sounds a bit odd.

Attached is the schematic of the setup...
I had / have almost the exact same issue on my 18MZ and from what the more experienced guys here told me was that the 2 digital channels are only available via SBUS. I bought the SBUS-PWM module and will try it out tomorrow night and see if i can get those 2 channels working that way.
I'll post my results back here
Are there any 20+ channel radios? by the time you wire up all the DJI options there's not a free channel left outta 18....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 07:09 AM
Registered User
As far as the maxamps.com batteries are concerned they are great (what I experianced) if you fly 30min+ so in the <2C range. The more you draw, the faster they age.

best regards

Ferdinand[/QUOTE]

I think my point is that if the battery us 5C constant then they should say 5C, not 40C. When they are asking so much money you would expect every fact on the battery to be tested and published, and if they rate things differently from normal practice then they should be upfront and state that, they are perfectly aware that there rating systems are different from normal practice and do not inform the public of that.

here is the link to Maxamps response to a user

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1761789
Last edited by flyingbiscuit1; Feb 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Feb 13, 2013, 03:11 PM
Registered User
Anyone tested the Secraft ANTI-VIBRATION ARMS yet? any videos?
Feb 13, 2013, 03:21 PM
Registered User
toscatara's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec3d
Anyone tested the Secraft ANTI-VIBRATION ARMS yet? any videos?
I will try it tomorrow

Feb 13, 2013, 03:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec3d
Anyone tested the Secraft ANTI-VIBRATION ARMS yet? any videos?
Going to test in 30 min, will post back.
Btw, I only go this to improve flight and reduce white flashes, I was never getting vibes with the Z15 anyway...
Feb 13, 2013, 03:33 PM
Registered User
EndOfDays's Avatar
@flyingbiscuit1

I wanted to state, that nowadays, you cannot trust any C-rating from any vendor. All of them are writing fantasy-numbers on the packs.

best regards

Ferdinand
Feb 13, 2013, 03:40 PM
Registered User
What is your opinion on the Secraft aluminum arm supports. Are the arms as stiff as the carbon reinforced ones?
Feb 13, 2013, 03:41 PM
The greatest pleasure in life.
Mac176's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76
Going to test in 30 min, will post back.
Btw, I only go this to improve flight and reduce white flashes, I was never getting vibes with the Z15 anyway...
I just ordered mine (2-red & 4-black) from UAV. I can't wait to get them.
I will post after I get them installed and test flown.

Digitally,
Mac
Feb 13, 2013, 04:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscatara
I will try it tomorrow

wow they look sharp!
Feb 13, 2013, 04:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays
@flyingbiscuit1

I wanted to state, that nowadays, you cannot trust any C-rating from any vendor. All of them are writing fantasy-numbers on the packs.

best regards

Ferdinand
Yes I take your point, and its true but I think Maxamps knowing that most people who read a 40c battery would expect it to be close to a 40c constant, not a 5c constant. The fact is they know the difference and don't do anything to inform the consumer about this.
Feb 13, 2013, 05:37 PM
Patrick Jenkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1
Yes I take your point, and its true but I think Maxamps knowing that most people who read a 40c battery would expect it to be close to a 40c constant, not a 5c constant. The fact is they know the difference and don't do anything to inform the consumer about this.
Max Amps is getting those cells for next to nothing because of the low c ratings...sadly enough, they don't pass the savings down to the consumer. Those cells can't be more than 5 bucks a cell at such a low c rating imo.

Some really great input on this thread. I should be pulling the trigger on something real soon.
Feb 13, 2013, 05:40 PM
Registered User
slightly off topic, and just an honest question: does anyone else thing the s800 has the dumbest name ever for a multirotor? i mean come on, 'spreading wings'? did someone actually pick that, or is it just a bad chinese to english translation?

in all honesty, they're sexy and i want one. badly. but the name... omg. i'd have to leave the spreading wings part out if anyone asked me what frame it is lol.
Feb 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
Stay airborne my friends
rc-mike's Avatar
I flew with the Secraft arms a while ago and they did stiffen up the arms quite a bit. I was still getting a little vibration on my 3XPro gimbal but I think I might have that figured out. I flipped the gimbal over where the camera is hanging and the vibes were pretty much gone.
Feb 13, 2013, 06:21 PM
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated
slightly off topic, and just an honest question: does anyone else thing the s800 has the dumbest name ever for a multirotor? i mean come on, 'spreading wings'? did someone actually pick that, or is it just a bad chinese to english translation?

in all honesty, they're sexy and i want one. badly. but the name... omg. i'd have to leave the spreading wings part out if anyone asked me what frame it is lol.
I don't see anything wrong with it. I was hoping the retracts they came out with were called 'spreading legs'. But DJI dropped the ball on that one.
Feb 13, 2013, 06:31 PM
Registered User
Tony DeGarimore's Avatar
/\ /\ /\ /\ Like


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Drone Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 05:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Drone Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 10:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Drone Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Drone Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Drone Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:11 AM