Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 12, 2013, 11:09 AM
Zenmusement
Michiel van Son's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
Michiel, what is the atti gain?
Gains are:

Basic: 150/150/140/150 atti: 140/140
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 12:43 PM
Registered User
Today I met a guy who helped me to get my S800 ready to fly because he has the experience required when it comes to WooKong-M.
We went through everything and it looked good, no indication from the led and no bad noise or similar. Everything looked as it suposed to.

When We tried to lift it gently it didn't rise more than about 10cm when it flips over to the right quite violently. This results in 2arms broken...

My priority first and foremost is to locate the problem so that it does not happen again, So I wanted to hear your thoughts and ideas about it, has this happened to someone else?

Luckily I had not the zenmusen on, phew...
Jan 12, 2013, 12:51 PM
DJI Supporter
Sid3ways's Avatar
Do you have an updated GPS with the newest firmware or an old GPS with the black sides?
Jan 12, 2013, 12:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways
Do you have an updated GPS with the newest firmware or an old GPS with the black sides?
Yes, I have the old one with the black sides. I also have the newest uppdate @Wookong-M Firmware* v5.16 and Wookong-M Assistant Software v1.34

Cheers.
Jan 12, 2013, 01:38 PM
Registered User
Did you removed the propellers? for balancing for ex? where they in the correct clock wise? was the IMU in the normal spot and well set on the assistance?
Jan 12, 2013, 02:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich
Did you removed the propellers? for balancing for ex? where they in the correct clock wise? was the IMU in the normal spot and well set on the assistance?
No, we never removed the propellers, that was actually hes first thought, that if they were spinning in wrong direktion, but that sounds to me strange becouse they are pre mounted from the factory...
Did non balancing...
The arms was correctly connected (X&O) to the center frame.
The IMU is correctly mounted without touching the sides of the center frame. Everything looked normal in the software regarding callibration and chanals.

The whole thing reminds me of this exept that our never really air borned.
S800 Flip (0 min 51 sec)
Jan 12, 2013, 02:13 PM
Registered User
Can you connect the wkm to the assistant and check the IMU direction and motor mixer type?
Jan 12, 2013, 02:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich
Can you connect the wkm to the assistant and check the IMU direction and motor mixer type?
I will do that and come back with pics.

Thank you for caring!
/Cheers.
Jan 12, 2013, 02:27 PM
Registered User
cool, not saying is your fault, just want to understand... this can happen to anybody if you didn't do a mistake... severe injury can happen...
Jan 12, 2013, 02:57 PM
Registered User
rruiz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel van Son
Gains are:

Basic: 150/150/140/150 atti: 140/140
Guys

Why we can´t fly using the 100 gains as received ... ?
Obviously we could modify, but why nobody suggest to start from 100 ?

Please comment
Jan 12, 2013, 03:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz
Guys

Why we can´t fly using the 100 gains as received ... ?
Obviously we could modify, but why nobody suggest to start from 100 ?

Please comment
Best is to read the manual.
There is reference to S-800 gain settings. Also, there are many different sizes and configs multi-rotor; 100 does not mean 100% good.
Jan 12, 2013, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich
cool, not saying is your fault, just want to understand... this can happen to anybody if you didn't do a mistake... severe injury can happen...
THX, I just want to know if i did wrong or if it something else so it doe's not happen again here are some pics for better understanding. It looks as I started in GPS mode, is that wrong?
Jan 12, 2013, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appcam
THX, I just want to know if i did wrong or if it something else so it doe's not happen again here are some pics for better understanding. It looks as I started in GPS mode, is that wrong?
Here is the pic of the center frame
Jan 12, 2013, 03:28 PM
Registered User
Sorry to say but you did a big mistake... IMU should be Forward... so the IMU worked opposite...
Check image 1, the IMU has a design with an arrow, the picture you send shows that it doesn't match.
Jan 12, 2013, 03:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich
Sorry to say but you did a big mistake... IMU should be Forward... so the IMU worked opposite...
Ok, thanx for sorting that out. now i know. and im just going to replace the parts, reveling, thanx!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Drone Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 05:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Drone Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 10:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Drone Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Drone Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Drone Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:11 AM