Thread Tools
Dec 12, 2012, 03:07 PM
Needs more bacon!
Dolby's Avatar
Just go 6s with the S800 the batterys aren't too bad if you get the zippy 6s 5000mah and put them in parallel, ever since I got the S800 with the low KVM motors it has prompted me to convert all my other heavy lifters to 6s with low kvm motors, big props and I've been extremely happy with their wind performance.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Just go 6s with the S800 the batterys aren't too bad if you get the zippy 6s 5000mah and put them in parallel, ever since I got the S800 with the low KVM motors it has prompted me to convert all my other heavy lifters to 6s with low kvm motors and I've been extremely happy with their wind performance.
Yes 6S improved copters a lot. This is something the RC Heli industry learned about 2 years ago. Seems like copters where are little behind in this matter.
Dec 12, 2012, 03:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown
First test objekt: 4 Roses Burbon ^^
Lets see how well its done in 24h

=)

Marown
wich shrink tube did you use?

rené
Dec 12, 2012, 03:48 PM
Registered User
sdaudet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown
First test objekt: 4 Roses Burbon ^^
Lets see how well its done in 24h

=)

Marown
you drink it before ?????
Dec 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
heli001's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown
First test objekt: 4 Roses Burbon ^^
Lets see how well its done in 24h

=)

Marown
Marown,

You might want to consider Vacuum Bagging the part rather than the Shrink Wrap, as it may give a better finish. We bag everything we do (Molds) and have never tried the shrink wrap. We will be very interested in how it turns out.

Good Luck......!
Dec 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Registered User
Aviator1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575
No offense but you don't understand the basics about copters. Keyword here is motor RPM. Given a 1V the motor will rotate at a certain RPM. So lowering the current will make the motor turn slower. Put a smaller prop on the same engine with a lower speed and you get even less lift. You should read about the basic principles of copter and aircraft's in general.

But to put it simple everything you just said in your last 2 posts is wrong. Sorry.
Not to worry I have only been doing it for 17 years run a full time business solely using UAV`s and occasionly work as a consultant for UAV design and setup but hey we learn something new everyday.. But yes I agree 6s is the best option and was only stating that it could be a possibility to get the S800 airbourne on 4S
Dec 12, 2012, 04:41 PM
Aerial Video Production Greece
consoleworld's Avatar
I found this , for shrink the arms .


1. http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/products...tape-roll.aspx

2. http://www.himodel.com/electric/D42m...ansparent.html

Christian .
Dec 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
sdaudet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld
Or this
http://www.flashrc.com/plasti_dip/56...311g_noir.html


http://www.flashrc.com/plasti_dip/56...200g_noir.html
Last edited by sdaudet; Dec 12, 2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: 2link
Dec 12, 2012, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1
Not to worry I have only been doing it for 17 years run a full time business solely using UAV`s and occasionly work as a consultant for UAV design and setup but hey we learn something new everyday.. But yes I agree 6s is the best option and was only stating that it could be a possibility to get the S800 airbourne on 4S
I am so sorry to hear that. If you really do this for that long and suggest going with 11x4,7 props on 4S on the S800 then i am sorry for the people you work for...
Dec 12, 2012, 06:02 PM
Registered User
TruckBasher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaudet
Do you know the price ?
Did they could do it for zenmuse ?
Thanks
I dont think it will fit zenmuse, it was meant for the s800 only, like those that got the pre-ordered s800
Dec 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
heli001's Avatar
The Pelican 1600 will fit the S800 completely disassembled, same dimensions as the Aluminum case that was with the Pre-Orders.

If you want to leave the gear intact with the gimbal, the Pelican 1660, 350 and 370 will hold them comfortably with the radio equipment; of course, you will still have to remove the arms. We just bought the 350 - 20" cube and the 370 - 24" cube. The 1660 seems like the best of the bunch, with casters and handle, but you can not use any of them as carry on. The 1600 might be borderline. Pelican makes some pretty nice cases and you can pick them up for reasonable prices on eBay. With the foam inserts, they are litterally Bullet Proof....!
Dec 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
aka RacingFPV aka HAMM3RDOWN
If you are just looking for something to tote it out to the field and back I just picked up some foam and a tote that was big enough to hold the bipod. Wouldn't use it for shipping but for local running around it works great. I can post a pic in a bit... The biggest cost was the foam because i bought the actual foam from a pelican 350 $150 but the tote was only $20...

(if I had a nickel for all the people in the elevator that stopped and said "what is this object, i've never seen one before?" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001
The Pelican 1600 will fit the S800 completely disassembled, same dimensions as the Aluminum case that was with the Pre-Orders.

If you want to leave the gear intact with the gimbal, the Pelican 1660, 350 and 370 will hold them comfortably with the radio equipment; of course, you will still have to remove the arms. We just bought the 350 - 20" cube and the 370 - 24" cube. The 1660 seems like the best of the bunch, with casters and handle, but you can not use any of them as carry on. The 1600 might be borderline. Pelican makes some pretty nice cases and you can pick them up for reasonable prices on eBay. With the foam inserts, they are litterally Bullet Proof....!
Dec 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
Registered User
TruckBasher's Avatar
The only good think I like for the OEM alu case is the precut foam, I dont have the high density foam and the carton plus styrofoam I got is really in bad shape after resending back to DJI. I really need a case and precut foam preferably the high density foam.

Peli 1660 can be checked-in baggage? I like the idea of not having to disassemble the zenmuse. On another forum there is a discussion and one posted with a really good peli case just to big I guess for airlines.
Dec 12, 2012, 08:08 PM
-:: Travel Addict ::-
Quote:
The 1660 seems like the best of the bunch, with casters and handle, but you can not use any of them as carry on.
You can also get backpack straps that attach to the 1660.
http://www.rucpac.com

*Not affiliated with them in any way*
Dec 12, 2012, 08:34 PM
Registered User

The Flashing White Lights. Bad Atti Mode


Hey guys I'm all of the sudden getting some white flashes. I see where several are saying that this is due to vibrations. Has anyone been able to fix it by getting rid of the vibrations or is there something else going on?

Surely someone has figured this out and can share their knowledge.

Thanks,
Stacy


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Drone Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 05:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Drone Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 10:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Drone Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Drone Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Drone Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:11 AM