Thread Tools
Nov 21, 2012, 06:26 AM
Registered User
i would like to know, who is dji in your eyes, when you say they fixed your broken s800!

is it your dji dealer or is it dji china?

where did you buy your copter?

would like to know, as mine had a light crash recently, caused by a motor stopping in midair.

dji china tells me to go to my dealer ...

what are your experiences?

rené
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2012, 06:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7
i would like to know, who is dji in your eyes, when you say they fixed your broken s800!

is it your dji dealer or is it dji china?

where did you buy your copter?

would like to know, as mine had a light crash recently, caused by a motor stopping in midair.

dji china tells me to go to my dealer ...

what are your experiences?

rené
Where did you bought it?
Nov 21, 2012, 06:47 AM
Registered User
Aaalie's Avatar
When there is something wrong with your brand new BMW, you also go to the dealer, not to BMW.
It works the same with DJI. That is the reason why they work with dealers, if they also have to do the end customers support, wherefore work with dealers? And the DJI company has to be 20 times as big as now .
Nov 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
Registered User
No but if you BMW is destroed because your breaks fail and its BMW fold and the BMW is complete damaged you also get a new one
and not a second hand one
Nov 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
aka RacingFPV aka HAMM3RDOWN
Just a heads up, not a great day to fly GPS *WKM/NAZA - yesterday's huge solar storm isn't being very nice http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html
Nov 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
Registered User
Yes, but the dealer should handled if it was adquired by a dealer and not DJI directly.
Nov 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
Registered User
In case you haven't seen this for all those who thing DJi's retracts are too expensive these look good
자체 개발 S800 Retractable Landing Gear (NOT DJI'S PRODUCT!!!) DJI제품 아님 (0 min 44 sec)
Nov 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
Registered User
I know but we came off topic i only wanted to know this things:

1. you get a complete new one
2. you get it with your parts back repaired with new parts
3. you get it repaired with not your parts ( used parts from another copter ) and some new parts

Thank you for your help!
Nov 21, 2012, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Aaalie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown
No but if you BMW is destroed because your breaks fail and its BMW fold and the BMW is complete damaged you also get a new one
and not a second hand one
I agree! But the communication should go through the Dealer.
Nov 21, 2012, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown
I know but we came off topic i only wanted to know this things:

1. you get a complete new one
2. you get it with your parts back repaired with new parts
3. you get it repaired with not your parts ( used parts from another copter ) and some new parts

Thank you for your help!
Have you had your s800 and zenmuse replaced free of charge. ?

If so, then you should be happy as you were using prop adaptors that were not dji. Another poster here was told he would not get help as he was using the same adaptors as yourself.

Out of interest. Does your friend who helped you put the original s800 together still fly with the cheapo adaptors?
Nov 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown
No but if you BMW is destroed because your breaks fail and its BMW fold and the BMW is complete damaged you also get a new one
and not a second hand one
Not if you changed the BMW brakes for cheap crap breaks.
Nov 21, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC
Have you had your s800 and zenmuse replaced free of charge. ?

If so, then you should be happy as you were using prop adaptors that were not dji. Another poster here was told he would not get help as he was using the same adaptors as yourself.

Out of interest. Does your friend who helped you put the original s800 together still fly with the cheapo adaptors?
Paul here is Marowns friend.

Explain to me whats cheapo about the adapter ?

I really can't see what role the adapters play in the FOD that Marown had. Its was clearly a FOD caused by the GPS bug. If you guys conclude the FOD was from the adapters please elaborate what you base your speculations on ! Because if you have a point than the GPS bug might not be the only source of the FODs, which i personally doubt.

To tell the truth I personally don't use the Adapters at the moment, since my feeling is that there can be issues with the arms at certain RPMs with heavier props. With reinforced arms I wouldn't be concerned ! Since i don't have the time to reinforce the arms i stepped back to the originals. Selecting those that have the least tracking problem by the way for 40 Euro probs.

Boris
Nov 21, 2012, 08:12 AM
Registered User
Aaalie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown
Mine was really ugly too
This Ghosted S800 tried to give you a heart-attack . It almost succeeded in giving me a heart-attack while seeing the video .

Luckily only material damage .
Nov 21, 2012, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich
Where did you bought it?
at a dealer, not at dji directly ...

rené
Nov 21, 2012, 11:08 AM
Registered User
In this case, the dealer is responsible for you, in my case I bought everything from them directly in pre order.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Drone Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 05:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Drone Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 10:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Drone Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Drone Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Drone Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:11 AM