Oct 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
DJI Supporter
Man we've had 2 people with motor issues after installing the adapters and now an unresponsive S800. I've got them sitting in the package still. How many strikes can the S800 have? Certainly not claiming Denny's adapters are to blame but we don't need ANY other issues to pop up that are unexplained.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm66
Hi,

Flight test with blades XOAR 15" with Denny adaptators

Suddenly the S800 do not answer more radio control

I switch immediately mode: Manual Man !!!

Fortunately he was 1 meter ground

I do not know yet if this is a radio problem or Wookong ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5cI8...ature=youtu.be
Was the fail safe setup? Cause if they were it should have shot up to 20M altitude then gone home.
My S600 went into failsafe some weeks back and took off vertically before heading north to China...heheheh. Managed to get it under control by switching to manual and crash landing in my front yard breaking a prop.

This appears that it just ignored you totally and Im impressed with your courage in getting underneath it and powering it off. I'd hate to think what one of those props would do to your neck if it came down suddenly.
My S800 remains in a dark corner of my wardrode, been there for 2 months now cause I'm too scared to fly it till some firm resolution to issues comes from DJI.
Oct 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
Boris, you're right, I do not think the consequences...

no more control of the radio

is what I was waiting for the death of batteries by leaving it fly alone (with other consequence unknown)

Result, my S800 is still alive, me too

I like you pre-order this material and I had all the problems, I am surprised it is still full

I seriously think to change electronics and frame: Zero-X6 UAV YS

Keep Wookong only for Z15

jdm66
Oct 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
is what I was waiting for the death of batteries by leaving it fly alone (with other consequence unknown)

Result, my S800 is still alive, me too

I seriously think to change electronics and frame: Zero-X6 UAV YS

Keep Wookong only for Z15

jdm66
wow dangerous indeed, it has been asked already was your failsafe set up on you RX TX and the WKM, what were the parameters for the WKM failsafe?, return to home/hover etc.

I think you are right about letting it hover until battery depletion, would have been the best policy, but I understand why you did what you did. At least this is more of a one off problem, unlike the FOD
Oct 16, 2012, 11:31 AM
Photographer in Stockholm
@jdm66
What happend after the RX/TX fail?
Did you try again?
Oct 16, 2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
I switch immediately mode: Manual Man !!!
well done! like in catch me if you can? Perhaps this could a scene for the next James Bond movie? You certainly have the nerves & calmness.
Oct 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1
wow dangerous indeed, it has been asked already was your failsafe set up on you RX TX and the WKM, what were the parameters for the WKM failsafe?, return to home/hover etc.

I think you are right about letting it hover until battery depletion, would have been the best policy, but I understand why you did what you did. At least this is more of a one off problem, unlike the FOD
yes, failsafe set up on my RX TX and the WKM

Gaz = 50%

Oct 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
I saw this on the chinese video site, it looks like my dream of retractables (no not the dream about some information on the FOD) is getting close, awesome.

The other thing about this if you use chrome or manually use google translate check out what it translates the name of the S800 ! or is that LOL, we may have a new name for the S800

http://u.youku.com/user_show/id_UMzUxODEyMDA=.html
Last edited by flyingbiscuit1; Oct 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Oct 16, 2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggarn
@jdm66
what happend after the rx/tx fail?
Did you try again?
no thank you
Oct 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
no thank you

Since you were already at the home location and not doing an alt home, would it be possible that the system was in a go home situation, perhaps by low battery? or an accidental flip of the rth switch.
In which case wouldn't it hover for a period of time before landing?

Oct 16, 2012, 12:18 PM
Can someone please help me confirm something? When i was flying with 5.12 on the wookong i had no white flashes, now on 5.14 i have alot of white flashes.

Could someone please try to downgrade the wookong to something else them 5.14 to confirm this.
Oct 16, 2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1
Since you were already at the home location and not doing an alt home, would it be possible that the system was in a go home situation, perhaps by low battery? or an accidental flip of the rth switch.
In which case wouldn't it hover for a period of time before landing?

it was the beginning of my second flight, with 11Ah lipo fresh

no switch the RTH

just the beginning of a second flight to the timed flight time with these new blades
Oct 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
SW 800 retractable skids will be available in about 3 -4 weeks.

Will annonce their arrival very soon.

DJI TECH
Oct 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI TECH 4

DJI TECH
If the FOD's carry on there will be no need for retracts.
Oct 16, 2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI TECH 4

DJI TECH
Hi

and i hope you "Will annonce their arrival very soon."

The end of the multiple problems of the S800 also

Quick Reply