Sep 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimao222
I agree with you. Vibrations are always bad for electronics, nothing good come from there.

they at least should make some carbon fiber arms and sell it cheap for the s800 owners.
I think that is a very valid and fair thing to do personally.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts
Well, I agree I can take a set of props that are out of balance and make the Zenmuse shake a little. I can also take a stock S800 out of the box with a Z15 and show you perfect footage to.
That only means that QC on the S800 is bad and that one is ok and another is not. Not really a good business practice.
Sep 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts
I think that is a very valid and fair thing to do personally.
me too, because is unfair we pay the entire price for something that we buy (thinking that is working great) and is unfair DJI change all arms of all S800 sold on their own.
Sep 25, 2012, 04:22 PM
I think I set this threat on Fire
Sep 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
AEM
Well, at least we know from Paul's response that DJI isn't currently working, or planning to work on, replacement arms. It sounds like if we want stiffer arms, then that's our business.

That's good to know, as I was waiting for the green light to order a spare s800 arm to experiment with.

If those who have switched props, made stiffer arms, and placed the IMU where it's less affected by vibration don't have any FODs for a while, then that route might be the one to follow. Thanks to all those who have been pioneers in this sense.
Sep 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76
I went for a test fight with 5.14, and for the first time I noticed the white flashes. (Can be seen before and after landing in vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLG8-DLV8uQ

Rolled back to 5.12 via assistant 1.30, but still white flashes. Then reupdated to 5.14 and assistant 1.32 says I had 5.12b installed .
So I guess there is no way of getting 5.12 back with assitant 1.30 or the website as they took down all the old links

The positive with 5.14 vs 5.14a is that I do not need to set idle speed higher as there is no motor pulsing...

I just installed futaba Gyro double sided tape under IMU to test it out, if that does not work I will try to install the IMU like Flavio in the center...
Well Gyro tape was a complete fail. Triple and double white flash galore during the entire flight...
I had recently used thicker 2 sided tape to recenter the IMU, and I wonder if that is when flashing sarted with me?

Could also be I am getting used to the S800 and just flying it harder now...

I re-installed the IMU with thin 3M tape that came with a Naza, we'll see if that helps... I'll post back if it does.
Sep 25, 2012, 05:39 PM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
It has already been mention, but that DJI response was typical salesperson PR nonsense. If it was so, how come then that even the ..sigh.. Xaircraft frames has more rigid arms then the S800?

It is a known fact that CF tubes work very well. DJI tried to be smart and use plastic molding to make the production of the arms dirt cheap. It failed and now it is time they fess up to the fact, and make the problem go away for the users.
Sep 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
AEM
These look like they're the original props the s800 was showcased with:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15X5-5-Real-...-/130697617884

@zzr
I was asking about the yellow tape on the vertical and horizontal beams of landing gear, not the yellow landing skid nuts that are on the horizontal beams.
Last edited by AEMontoya; Sep 25, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Sep 25, 2012, 09:19 PM

Great Customer Service

I dont usually get on the web and praise very many people but in this case I felt the need to.

We want to give a big Thank You to Robert at www.UAVProducts.com , he went through great lengths to Help Us out with our Hexa. We did not even buy it from him but from another dealer who was about as worthless as they get.
Robert consulted with us and directed us to a proper setup. He had all the parts in stock to get us back in the air and shipped them that day!

It's very refreshing to have such great customer service.

He has earned our future business and many others from his work ethic.

Thanks again Robert!
Sep 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
zzr
zzr
DEAF-POWER
@Aemontoya
hmmm I don't see yellow tapes on my landing gear. You mean is it green glow tapes?

It look like real props. I don't trust some CF fake props. There are two types of carbon fibers that I almost seen it.

Name: prop2.jpg
Views: 175
Size: 262.4 KB
Description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya
These look like they're the original props the s800 was showcased with:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15X5-5-Real-...-/130697617884

@zzr
I was asking about the yellow tape on the vertical and horizontal beams of landing gear, not the yellow landing skid nuts that are on the horizontal beams.
Sep 25, 2012, 09:54 PM
AEM
@zzr

LOL! It must be the green tape you're talking about. In all honesty, I am color deficient, and can't easily see the difference between certain colors, especially if the lighting isn't right.

Please let me know what tape you used in the picture below (I circled what I'm talking about). Thanks!

I've got some very reflective prismatic tape that shines brilliantly in the sun that I might use. You can see it here on one of my hotliner wings.
Sep 26, 2012, 01:38 AM
We seem to have digressed from the fact that making the arms stiffer is not the answer to this problem. It does not cure the problem at the source. It may help slightly but the source of the vibration is coming from the props. which are a very bad design. Having now conducted quite a few tests it has emerged that the best all round prop. is the Graupner 14x8 for a number of reasons. I am sure that DJI will not be pleased to hear this but we cant all be wrong......

White flashes. never see em.
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Sep 26, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
Sep 26, 2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac
We seem to have digressed from the fact that making the arms stiffer is not the answer to this problem. It does not cure the problem at the source. It may help slightly but the source of the vibration is coming from the props. which are a very bad design. Having now conducted quite a few tests it has emerged that the best all round prop. is the Graupner 14x8 for a number of reasons. I am sure that DJI will not be pleased to hear this but we cant all be wrong......

White flashes. never see em.
So you haven't seen white flashes since you installed the Graupners, but you had them before with stock props?
I hadn't seen them before either.... But I don't know if they came after screwing with the firmware or the double sided tape for the IMU, or if I was just "blind/didn't notice...
Sep 26, 2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
@zzr

LOL! It must be the green tape you're talking about. In all honesty, I am color deficient, and can't easily see the difference between certain colors, especially if the lighting isn't right.

Please let me know what tape you used in the picture below (I circled what I'm talking about). Thanks!

I've got some very reflective prismatic tape that shines brilliantly in the sun that I might use. You can see it here on one of my hotliner wings.
That's defintely green
Sep 26, 2012, 02:22 AM
zzr
zzr
DEAF-POWER
Got it! Lol! I bought the color tapes from Sheldon hobbies in S.J. I think it's hanger 9 but not sure. I will check name of tapes in the box.
Your Glider is very neat.
It's real CF props
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1572284&page=4

Quote:
@zzr

Quick Reply