Jun 25, 2012, 02:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
In the old days you could get normal or reverse servos. A reversed servo had the leads reversed to the motor and potentiometer.

Andy
Wrong answer.( correct but )

Restriction not open Tx - Rx - Servo.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
I suppose I didn't understand your question. The easiest way is often mechanically (same as differential and expo).

Andy
Jun 25, 2012, 03:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I suppose I didn't understand your question. The easiest way is often mechanically (same as differential and expo).

Andy
No interference in electronic components.
Onlly mechanically.

Elijah.
Jun 25, 2012, 03:36 PM
Thread OP
Encoder Futaba 2 ch old with transistors.
Follow the above drawing.

Elijah Greece.
Jun 25, 2012, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
All from transmitter and receiver Wee-I

Elijah Greece.
Jun 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Thread OP
All for old Ace 1ch remote system.

Elijah Greece.
Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Two very smart dude patents for Futaba 2ch of those old times.
First reverse switch and
Second 3ch + extra
Encoder 2ch in conversion 3ch by me all.
For all of you.
Jun 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
65 years of RC flying

Reversing

Radios typically came with four servos, one or two of which were set up for reverse rotation (they usually had a colored dot or some such marker).

We didn't get reversing at the transmitter until about 1980 (for me it was the Ace Silver Seven that gave me reversing, D/R and expo for the first time).

The usual convention for normal rotation was that right aileron stick gave counter-clockwise rotation on the servo (looked at from above). This corresponded to the required rotation for a strip aileron setup in a low wing model. Generally speaking, you could, as Andy says, do reverse movement on the other controls mechanically (just by moving the push rod to the other side). But aileron was a bit inflexible, so that's where you started figuring out the installation.

It was quite an effort to get everything just right in terms of direction and throws.

By the way, there was no subtrim of course, but servos could generally be centered with a small screwdriver or Allen wrench down a hole in the output shaft. The output arms usually fitted onto a square shaft as there was no need for a splined setup, given the adjustability of neutral.
Last edited by Daedalus66; Jun 28, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
Jun 29, 2012, 02:08 PM
Thread OP
Receiver Rx Futaba 27Mhz FP-2F.
Without the circuit Logic Ic decoder.

For all friends.

Elijah Greece.
Jul 04, 2012, 11:46 AM
Thread OP
Kraft Rc Systems all for Tx - Rx - Servo.
For all.

Elijah Greece.
Last edited by hlsat; Jul 04, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Jul 04, 2012, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
Ace Digital Rc Systems all for Tx - Rx - Servo.
For all.

Elijah Greece.
Jul 04, 2012, 06:01 PM
Suspended Account
Keep those great old pictures coming, I love to see yesterdays well made equipment! Here is some of mine.

VP

PS: How come I cant enlarge my pictures if I click on them?
Jul 05, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Heathkit Rc Systems all for Model GDA 505 B Tx - Rx - Servo.
For all.

Elijah Greece.
Jul 05, 2012, 05:50 PM
For your own good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
They dont make them like they used to.

VP
I guess I am dating myself but my first RC gear was a single stick Futaba like you posted.
Jul 05, 2012, 05:57 PM
It's a good thing "they don't make them like they used to" - some of those old radios were downright AWFUL!

Andy

Quick Reply