Atomik Metal Mulisha MM450 with E-Gyro - Page 13 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Registered User
Just got my new VMX MM Degan model and all I can say is WOW! This thing is unreal. the new gyro is just what it needed. I am so glad I kept my VMX, It looks very easy to add the rear wheel and electronic gyro. Until then my new Degan is ROOSTING! I got a solid 18minutes of JOY first time out on a Venom 5800 70c This thing is sick! I think I like the wheelie action but might try to calm it down with expo on the radio.
Nice work Atomic/Venom. Develop the platform and now make it better and better, STOKED!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2012, 03:50 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247
forks are already sent mate
Thanks for that Deen, much appreciated!
Jul 20, 2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyak
Just got my new VMX MM Degan model and all I can say is WOW! This thing is unreal. the new gyro is just what it needed. I am so glad I kept my VMX, It looks very easy to add the rear wheel and electronic gyro. Until then my new Degan is ROOSTING! I got a solid 18minutes of JOY first time out on a Venom 5800 70c This thing is sick! I think I like the wheelie action but might try to calm it down with expo on the radio.
Nice work Atomic/Venom. Develop the platform and now make it better and better, STOKED!
Sweet! Post some pics and vids when you can!

Also you can loosen the slipper clutch nut a tiny bit at a time until you get the feel and performance your looking for.

Where are you located?
Jul 20, 2012, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247
forks are already sent mate
Oh right mate,
Cheers pal
What you send em by mate?
1st? 2nd class?
Cheers for tht pal
Jul 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
I labeled them with your names so I hope he sent you the right set! LOL He probly inspected them all and sent you the other set! LOL (JK) The lighter gold set are yours Kurtis. Let me know what you guys think. I checked them before we shipped them and I cleaned and adjusted the pairs. I didnt open them back up so right now I dont remember what I did to them but I did use them in Vegas and around here. Ive worked on so many forks its a blur!

Enjoy!
Jul 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
I labeled them with your names so I hope he sent you the right set! LOL He probly inspected them all and sent you the other set! LOL (JK) The lighter gold set are yours Kurtis. Let me know what you guys think. I checked them before we shipped them and I cleaned and adjusted the pairs. I didnt open them back up so right now I dont remember what I did to them but I did use them in Vegas and around here. Ive worked on so many forks its a blur!

Enjoy!
The older version are mine? Haha & yup that does happen lol
Jul 20, 2012, 04:57 PM
Registered User
no i sent the ones labeled KURTIS and i must say that both forks felt way better than than what came with my VMX so if you ever remember what you did to them Chris PM me and ps the MM450 rocks i took it for its first run earlier and felt like i was part of the MM team great bike and super stable
Jul 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Thanks for that Deen, much appreciated!
all i can say is you and Venom/Atomik have had my back on many occasion so was nice to return the favor
Jul 20, 2012, 05:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis
Oh right mate,
Cheers pal
What you send em by mate?
1st? 2nd class?
Cheers for tht pal
recorded mate best and safest way
Jul 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
I know what I typically do to tune them I just dont recall what all I did on those particular pairs. Its really hard to get them to be produced equal to what I tune them so it really pays off if you want them to work better than stock to blue print them for best performance.

Someday either someone or myself will design the ultimate RC forks. At this scale and performance requirements its very hard to get them to do it all and be reliable and strong. Your dealing with micro hydraulics and very high loads all at once.
Jul 20, 2012, 05:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247
recorded mate best and safest way
Thanks very much mate, how much was the P&P?

And Yes chris please remember what you did haha,
Are the forks like new or something? Or are they ones that you have used chris?
Oh and I get my motor some time next week!
Thanks
Jul 20, 2012, 05:17 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
These are used by me during photo shoots and in the desert for testing and video so they are tuned up. I think your set has slightly thicker oil for big jumps and Deens was just smoother with 25wt oil. I only built a few sets of these so they were just my personal use forks for reliability and consistency.
Jul 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
These are used by me during photo shoots and in the desert for testing and video so they are tuned up. I think your set has slightly thicker oil for big jumps and Deens was just smoother with 25wt oil. I only built a few sets of these so they were just my personal use forks for reliability and consistency.
Okie dokie mate, sounds good as long as there better then the ones I've got haha,
So they had like a couple of hours/days use? As if you must have a shed full of spares!
And chris what's happening about these alloy brace and alloy hubs? Any instock yet?
Jul 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
I started a Fork Clinic Thread here;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1695574
Jul 20, 2012, 05:33 PM
Registered User
I'm in Oregon but travel around a bunch. I friend of mine who works ther got me into it knowing I would love them VMX's that is, and he was right
I will be in SLC next week and I might have to take it and show it off


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitro ARX with e-gyro conversion first test run Throttlejunkie Motorcycles 55 Aug 16, 2012 01:35 AM
Sold E-flite G210 mems Gyro rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2012 11:04 PM
Sold E-flite G110 gyros rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2012 06:29 PM
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 02:47 PM
Sold Gaui hurricane 550 with metal head, servos, gyro, esc, and batteries. - $350 shipped AllBread Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Apr 19, 2009 10:23 PM