Atomik Metal Mulisha MM450 with E-Gyro - Page 100 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 11, 2013, 12:18 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
Just bought a pair of Big Bores on eBay for $33.00 + $6.00 shipping = $39.00. Well, no so bad I believe. I hope they come with the 1.2 pistons as these shocks are taken from new r/c cars.

Can't wait to try them.

David
That's a good price, i paid about the same for mine & went half's with a mate but they work so good i have to get another for the arx now.

They will have the 1.3 pistons you have to purchase a piston set for the 1.2 & as Chris said i used 3000 diff oil with 1.3 as that was what i had at the time but it seems to be working i am very happy with it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2013, 12:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
That's a good price, i paid about the same for mine & went half's with a mate but they work so good i have to get another for the arx now.

They will have the 1.3 pistons you have to purchase a piston set for the 1.2 & as Chris said i used 3000 diff oil with 1.3 as that was what i had at the time but it seems to be working i am very happy with it.
It's a real eye opener just what you can get away with once the big bore is fitted hey TJ as your slow mos show. Great stuff.
Jan 11, 2013, 01:10 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
It's a real eye opener just what you can get away with once the big bore is fitted hey TJ as your slow mos show. Great stuff.
I was surprised how much control i still had with vinnie hanging off & flopping about the arx needs one bad as it will endo just rolling over the bumps it is horrible compared to the vmx.
Jan 11, 2013, 03:05 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
I was surprised how much control i still had with vinnie hanging off & flopping about the arx needs one bad as it will endo just rolling over the bumps it is horrible compared to the vmx.
The video was brilliant at the sake of poor Vinnie lol . I've run like that before and it is still surprisingly stable. Sometimes more so other times not depending on what Deegan in my case decided to do lol. So funny to watch. Sounds like you are doing all the development work for the ARX to work well for dusty dry hard dirt and bumpy track work.
Jan 11, 2013, 03:24 AM
Registered User
Anyone interested in some cheap parts for their VMX or MM the local Aussie supplier is having a good sale on his remaining stock for the VMX.

http://www.redstarhobbies.com/catego...sort=pricedesc

http://stores.ebay.com.au/REDSTARHOB...4.l1513&_pgn=1
Jan 11, 2013, 06:19 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
That's a good price, i paid about the same for mine & went half's with a mate but they work so good i have to get another for the arx now.

They will have the 1.3 pistons you have to purchase a piston set for the 1.2 & as Chris said i used 3000 diff oil with 1.3 as that was what i had at the time but it seems to be working i am very happy with it.
What brand of oil are you using?
Jan 11, 2013, 06:30 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
What brand of oil are you using?
I am using Kyosho oil mate.
Jan 11, 2013, 06:32 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
Anyone interested in some cheap parts for their VMX or MM the local Aussie supplier is having a good sale on his remaining stock for the VMX.

http://www.redstarhobbies.com/catego...sort=pricedesc

http://stores.ebay.com.au/REDSTARHOB...4.l1513&_pgn=1
Thanks Chris just ordered all the bits i need, i sent you an email did you get mate.
Jan 11, 2013, 06:37 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
I am using Kyosho oil mate.
Thanks TJ.

I have bottles of Associated 80wt and Ofna diff oil 5,000. Let see what I can do with them.

David
Jan 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
Thanks TJ.

I have bottles of Associated 80wt and Ofna diff oil 5,000. Let see what I can do with them.

David
You could probably try the 80wgt shock oil with the 1.3 & see how that goes.
Jan 11, 2013, 07:51 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
Thanks Chris just ordered all the bits i need, i sent you an email did you get mate.
No I haven't seen it TJ. Maybe I gave you the wrong address . PM me with yours and I'll send you one. Thanks mate. I hope there's some bits left lol .
Jan 11, 2013, 08:31 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie
You could probably try the 80wgt shock oil with the 1.3 & see how that goes.
Yes, I'll check how the damping feels with that oil, but I believe the Kyosho 3000 have more viscosity than the 80wt.

David
Last edited by davehour; Jan 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
Jan 11, 2013, 11:34 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
If we would talk cst instead of bogus wt numbers (each brand is different) we would be talking the same language guys lol. I had this conversation with CH because he likes brewing up some concoction of oil mixture that is part losi and part ae lol. I suspect CH is using something between 900-1000cst on his 1.2 piston for example. Moral of story is wt doesnt help anyone when talking rear shock oil.
Jan 11, 2013, 11:45 AM
Registered User
davehour's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
If we would talk cst instead of bogus wt numbers (each brand is different) we would be talking the same language guys lol. I had this conversation with CH because he likes brewing up some concoction of oil mixture that is part losi and part ae lol. I suspect CH is using something between 900-1000cst on his 1.2 piston for example. Moral of story is wt doesnt help anyone when talking rear shock oil.
That's true.

The AE 80 is 900 CST. The AE 70 is 800 CST.
Jan 11, 2013, 12:25 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
Davehour,
I have a favor to ask - I was going to write up a TIP about the spacer on my website but didnt really take pictures as I was doing mine along the way. Would it be ok if I use the pictures you posted about the red spacer before/after/diagram?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitro ARX with e-gyro conversion first test run Throttlejunkie Motorcycles 55 Aug 16, 2012 01:35 AM
Sold E-flite G210 mems Gyro rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2012 11:04 PM
Sold E-flite G110 gyros rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2012 06:29 PM
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 02:47 PM
Sold Gaui hurricane 550 with metal head, servos, gyro, esc, and batteries. - $350 shipped AllBread Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Apr 19, 2009 10:23 PM