Sep 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
A big thanks to Dave Cortina, Dave Olson, and Fred Sena for helping us prepare for the worlds. I am fully convinced that practicing on these smaller slopes will benefit us in the long run. The lift band at "wicked sister" is very narrow and if you even think about flying out away from the slope, you're toast. The "curb" is quite interesting to say the least, about 15 feet high is all and very challenging as well!

B
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2012, 09:11 AM
Team USA update. I got in standard slope stick time at Fermin this week, and I got my well lubed thumb up to the San Simeon area for more practice on the sites closest to Germany. The results are promising, as Kyle flew the 2 sites really well ( You know, Like Kyle!), but I have to say that I matched his times, and I think Kyle was more excited about it than me! Good stuff!!!! Brandon is outfitting his FS4's, so he didnt make it up with us, but the maiden is tuesday, and it looks like another trip up to the SS area is coming mid week. We will report.
Special thanks to Fred for coming up and pushing buttons (again), we couldnt do it without you. Another thanks to Dave Cortina, who flew laps with us as well, but spent extra time at the poles, and then fed us at his fine restaraunt.
We leave in 17 days, OMG!!!!

WD
Sep 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
Guys,

I just received my Jersey today. These things are really nice. I will make sure I wear it one of the days at the World Soaring Masters next week and try to promote raffle ticket sales as well. Good luck to the team, I am sure you will all make us Proud. My money is on Kyler.

See Ya,

Pat
Sep 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
Pat thank you very very much! We really do need help, our fund raising has not gone as well as expected. We have not sold very many raffle tickets at all. I guess that is good for those that have purchased tickets but not good for our fund raising efforts.

Any promotions you could do at the Masters would be awesome! We did sell a lot of team jerseys which was very nice. If we could sell about $3000 worth of raffle tickets we would be doing excellent. Your help is very appreciated!

Training hard..... Very hard,

Kyle

PS: I have money on Kyler also..... About 17 years worth!
Sep 17, 2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks to our pal, David Cortina for a raffle ticket purchase. We appreciate your support.
You the man!

WD
Sep 18, 2012, 12:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccleave
Guys,

I just received my Jersey today. These things are really nice. I will make sure I wear it one of the days at the World Soaring Masters next week and try to promote raffle ticket sales as well. Good luck to the team, I am sure you will all make us Proud. My money is on Kyler.

See Ya,

Pat
Pat,

Thanks for the purchase of the jersey, we appreciate it tremendously! Also, thank you for pushing the ticket sales at the Masters!

best regards,

Brandon
Sep 18, 2012, 12:22 AM
Thread OP
Dave Cortina !!!

Thanks for the purchase!

We appreciate your support!

Regards,

Brandon
Sep 18, 2012, 12:30 AM
Just made my jersey payment...looking forward to wearing it at Visalia in a few weeks. Might have to buy some raffle tickets too.

Tom
Sep 18, 2012, 12:31 AM
DC Rocks!

Dude..... a friend and a encouragment! Thank you sir! Now I will have to give you a big hug when I see you.

KP
Sep 18, 2012, 12:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson
Just made my jersey payment...looking forward to wearing it at Visalia in a few weeks. Might have to buy some raffle tickets too.

Tom
Tom,

Thanks dude....

Much appreciated....have a great time in visalia!

B
Sep 18, 2012, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson

Tom
Thanks Tom!!! You are always a great supporter sir! I'm looking forward to doing some TD with you after the WC.
Sep 18, 2012, 12:23 PM
kdt
kdt

Good Luck!

Looking forward to watching how the event goes in Germany. I've bought some raffle tickets... Wish I could do more.

Hope to get down to California to get some stick time and watch some of your F3F/F3B contests. Can anyone send me links with your schedule for the various events? What requirements to fly for a newbie Canuck?

Have fun in Germany Team USA!
Sep 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys, we are in much appreciation. Back up to the San Simeon area for more practice this week. Contest saturday, and then its only 10 days to go...oh boy, its getting closer....

WD
Sep 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
ok guys....

Let's add some more stuff to the raffle:

Prize #7 Donated by SoaringUSA.com is a set of F3F/F3B wing skins:

Last edited by Brandon; Sep 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Sep 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
Thread OP

Prize #8 Donated by SoaringUSA.com is a:

Thunder Power 610C AC/DC Balancing Charger !

Last edited by Brandon; Sep 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quick Reply