Another Axon born - pictures - RC Groups
Nov 09, 2003, 10:09 PM

Another Axon born - pictures

I have not had a chance to maiden, but wanted to post some pictures for you guys.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2003, 10:11 PM
more....
Nov 09, 2003, 10:12 PM
and another
Nov 09, 2003, 10:13 PM
a couple more - I promise
Nov 09, 2003, 10:14 PM
last one
Nov 10, 2003, 01:25 AM
Leave me alone!
Very nice, D! Enjoy that maiden. She's a blast to fly.

Martin
Nov 10, 2003, 06:01 AM
Crash Master
I like the way the transparent over red came out. I was thinking of trying that scheme, but was worried I wouldn't be able to tell orientation as well... I'd say it looks good from the pictures

On the right side of the Hstab, is that transparent yellow? I really like that section...
Nov 19, 2003, 07:58 PM
dlee,

Do you get to maiden your Axon yet?

D
Nov 24, 2003, 07:00 PM

maiden

Yes, I did actually had a chance to maiden. Of course with conservative rates. All in all, a pleasure to fly with my limited skill set. Slow and Fast as you want, good character w/o any harshness at all. It builds confidence from the very first outing.

Flipped it to high rates and this thing is an animal. Rolls like a batt out of **LL!. I noticed that she is very sensitive to input so I dial up more exponential to smooth her out (I just realized that there is a play on words there . I have to say that the Axon will get to my limit before I get close to hers.

Drivetrain: Razor 400, ETEC 1200 3 cell, 10 x 8

Additionally, the solid fuse with all of the other design criteria make for a very stout plane. Especially the triangulated ailerons and wing construction.

Bottom line: Buy it, it will not dissapoint. Now if I could only learn how to fly.... now that is another story.