Airplane flying in Marin County ? - Page 11 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 10, 2015, 01:48 PM

Flying this Saturday?

Bump!! Been a while guys... Had to break out the planes get them back up.

Going somewhere in Marin on Saturday. Not sure where yet though.

Anyone else wanna get together?

Have my T-28 Trojan, Stinger 64 EDF, Radian Pro, Large Trojan (Not sure I'm getting this one up. It's pretty big) and a Diamond 2500 glider that I'm itching to get up.

Spots I was thinking about: Behind Trader Joes in Corte Madera, Hamilton, or somewhere else? Open to suggestions.

Lemme know... Weather should be good this weekend.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2015, 04:23 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
Quote:
Originally Posted by baychef
Bump!! Been a while guys... Had to break out the planes get them back up.

Going somewhere in Marin on Saturday. Not sure where yet though.

Anyone else wanna get together?

Have my T-28 Trojan, Stinger 64 EDF, Radian Pro, Large Trojan (Not sure I'm getting this one up. It's pretty big) and a Diamond 2500 glider that I'm itching to get up.

Spots I was thinking about: Behind Trader Joes in Corte Madera, Hamilton, or somewhere else? Open to suggestions.

Lemme know... Weather should be good this weekend.
if you want to try gliders, four corners is amazing. winds are meant to be ~15kts from the west this weekend, which would kinda suck for powered flying (especially behind trader joes or at hamilton, they get windy) but is perfect for some light slope soaring. I need to go pick up my plane from a friend this evening so I have nothing to fly today, but if you want to try flying gliders tomorrow it would probably be a lot of fun.
May 12, 2015, 10:55 PM
Hello All
Looking to get back in to flying my Parkflyers? (T-28) was wondering where to fly in Marin Co? Also just upgraded my Radio and need Setting for Parkzone T-28 if anyone has them. I Pickup a DX 8. Thanks again and hope someone responds. Jeff
Apr 17, 2016, 01:05 PM
hey all,

anyone out there still flying Marin?

We were kicked off the civic center today so it leaves very few locations where flying large warbirds with retracts will actually work.

Any further ideas?

Looks like Hamilton is a no go?
Apr 17, 2016, 01:46 PM
Official Boat Bum
I feel for you guys. It seems like model airplanes are given the stink eye up there in the North Bay. That goes for a lot of places now too these days. What about the Napa club or the Petaluma area?
Jun 10, 2016, 10:29 PM
AA6JB
Quote:
Looks like Hamilton is a no go?
I thought it was underwater now?

Quote:
What about the Napa club or the Petaluma area?
Liberty Flyers have a club field in Petaluma ... Wine Country Flyers club has a new field up in Santa Rosa
Dec 21, 2016, 04:46 PM
Boilerplate Flys Better
Hey, just thought I would chime in with a couple of additions:

SAM Field in Novato (off Lakeville Rd. turnoff on Hwy. 37) https://www.google.com/maps/@38.1545.../data=!3m1!1e3 Requires an AMA membership as well as a club membership. They have a decent runway made of nylon fabric over packed dirt. Club rules say you need to have at least one old timer, but the guys out there seem to fly everything. They have a website, but it is down right now http://www.sam27.com/

Open field near Home Depot/Target. Been flying here for years. Plenty of room and nobody bothers you. Only downside is the lack of a decent runway. Have recently been seeing signs telling people to keep out, but they are generally ignored by the dog walkers who are the only people you are likely to run in to. Usually park here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/In...!4d-122.498087

BTW, Hamliton IS underwater now. Flooded in order to restore the wetlands.