Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by Cyberdactyl
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I hate that I'm contributing to the OT. . . but. . . concerning the Q450 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame, HK will tell you "*JIT-Item (this item takes 3-5 days to dispatch)" but also say it's in stock. However I have had one ordered that I placed Sunday of LAST week, and it's still sitting with three 'green checks' ("PRINTED, your order is printed and is in the warehouse being packed")

So I have no idea why they say "in stock".
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:44 PM
Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
is it normal that these come new from hobbyking with version 1.2 firmware loaded?. the one I got today did[/QUOTE]

yup mine landed this morning with 1.2 so flashed it to 1.4 and took the kk2.1 green board off my tri and put it on set it up and flew it in the back yard in less than half an hour. Stock PandI is fine for now will fine tune it when the wind and rain quit. Had to reverse the rudder in the tx other than that it's fine.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by **neons**
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
I have been wondering for the past week or so if there was any amount of flyers here that have lost there LCD screen text permanently. I lost mine a day after I flashed my board from 1.2 to 1.5 version update. The second day I went to fly my Quad I connected the battery and was waiting for the reciever to bind up. The screen slowly faded away and has not been back since.
So has anyone else had this problem? I am not sure if flashing the board has anything to do with the loss. I ordered another board. I am sort of reluctant to flash it and have another repeat of the problem. Maybe the board was a lemon and needs to be further evaluated. Any thoughts?
**Neons** Bob
Past post above a few pages back. So I sent in a Warranty request to HK. After filling in all the info on my board with the order #'s and transaction, along with pictures. All the info I sent them was analyzed and it was agreed that the board I bought was a defective board after looking up the numbers I gave them. I guess the flashing had no bearing in the screen fade out. At least now I feel better about it and am able to get another replacement. Now I have done buisness for years with HK since they started and I have to say I have over 80 orders with them and I am pleased to say they are a very good company and stood by there reputation with me.. This was the only problem I ever had with a product in that long term . That is a good track record.
**Neons** Bob
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Past post above a few pages back. So I sent in a Warranty request to HK. After filling in all the info on my board with the order #'s and transaction, along with pictures. All the info I sent them was analyzed and it was agreed that the board I bought was a defective board after looking up the numbers I gave them. I guess the flashing had no bearing in the screen fade out. At least now I feel better about it and am able to get another replacement. Now I have done buisness for years with HK since they started and I have to say I have over 80 orders with them and I am pleased to say they are a very good company and stood by there reputation with me.. This was the only problem I ever had with a product in that long term . That is a good track record.
**Neons** Bob
did they have you send it back to China or to the US warehouse?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by **neons**
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
No. I did not have to send it back. I will fly it the way it is until it croaks. The will credit my bonus points as I have requested. Works fine with me. My Quad is flying fine with the board for now.
**Neons** Bob
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
No. I did not have to send it back. I will fly it the way it is until it croaks. The will credit my bonus points as I have requested. Works fine with me. My Quad is flying fine with the board for now.
**Neons** Bob
good deal then for both parties. You get the dud and then on your next order you put the replacement on the order and pay with bonus points. Not a bad deal in my eyes.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Anyone know what will happen if a hexacopter with kk2 looses one motor or one prop?

Will it crash?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by rexless
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl View Post
I hate that I'm contributing to the OT. . . but. . . concerning the Q450 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame, HK will tell you "*JIT-Item (this item takes 3-5 days to dispatch)" but also say it's in stock. However I have had one ordered that I placed Sunday of LAST week, and it's still sitting with three 'green checks' ("PRINTED, your order is printed and is in the warehouse being packed")

So I have no idea why they say "in stock".
They're probably playing catch up right now. I ordered all in stock items over 3 days ago and they haven't even printed mine yet. Either that or they're punishing me for asking them to refund my shipping fees for the last order. They advertised EMS at 3-7 days to Canada. It was almost a month before I saw the order. I pushed really hard but they didn't seem to care at all.
Last edited by rexless; Feb 22, 2013 at 01:05 AM. Reason: typo... thanks swype
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:37 AM
Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Anyone know what will happen if a hexacopter with kk2 looses one motor or one prop?

Will it crash?
If you have self level on, I would expect it to try and stay level, but that assumes you have enough lift in the remaining 2 motors on that side to do so, which will also depend on how much throttle you're currently applying it.

If you're at a high throttle there won't be enough headroom for the remaining motors to pickup the extra weight, and high throttle is the most likely time for something to fail.

I've never tested this, nor do I ever want too
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:48 AM
Quote:

Will it crash?
I lost a motor (broken wire) on my hex and it was shaking pretty bad but managed to bring it down from about 30 feet and land without breaking any thing but to be perfectley honest not my favorite flight. It will get your attention but it didn't roll over and crash but as the motor quit and it started to drop the side the other motor was wound right up trying to compensate. Lost a prop on my tri and one on my small quad and both were crashes. The quad had little damage as I was only about 3 feet in the air and when I saw the prop come off, hit throttle hold and it landed on the topside, the tri was a rebuild, booms, motor mounts, props, kk2.1 board. It struck the ground and caught one boom/motor and then cartwheeled for about 20 feet with me watching it shed parts. I guess I needed something to do with my non flying time.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:51 AM
Find More Posts by Steveis
AVR Dude
Quote:
**Neons** Bob
You can always keep it going with my NoLCD software

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1796183
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:57 AM
Find More Posts by theothercliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard2.0 View Post
I tested the resistance between V+ and ground, it is 5 ohms. I would expect those to be not connected.

Can someone test their working board and tell me if V+ and gnd are connected, and what the resistance is?
Anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting for it?
It's not a good idea to test the resistance of anything electronic this way.

In the ohms mode, the meter leads themselves have an active voltage on them that can be as high as whatever battery is in the meter. You can read this voltage with a second meter that is set to a DC volts scale.

Worse than that, the polarity is sometimes backwards such that the negative ohms lead has the positive voltage on it.

The lower the ohms scale (like x1) the higher the current you can get out of the ohm mode. You can test this with a second meter set to a DC (milli) amps scale.

The circuit under test (your KK2) doesn't behave like a resistor either. A 5 ohm resistor will show 5 ohms on two different brands of meter where one has a 1.5 volt battery and the other has a 9 volt battery. The KK2 will show different values, and further (don't do this) may even show different values depending on whether you use the leads backwards or not or on which ohms scale you use.

Making a guess of 100ma (0.1a) at what normal current draw should be, the effective resistance at 5 volts should be more like 50 ohms V=IR, V/I=R, 5 / 0.1 = 50

Still, it is possible that you did not damage your KK2 with the ohm meter.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
They're probably playing catch up right now. I ordered all in stock items over 3 days ago and they haven't even printed mine yet. Either that or they're punishing me for asking them to refund my shipping fees for the last order. They advertised EMS at 3-7 days to Canada. It was almost a month before I saw the order. I pushed really hard but they didn't seem to care at all.
wow a month I ordered on the 10 of feb and it landed here at YVR today. 11 days I was shocked and amazed but happy. EMS tags all over the box and it didn't show in the EMS tracking but showed up in HongKong Post tracking.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:56 AM
Find More Posts by theothercliff
Quote:

Will it crash?
It depends greatly on how well it is tuned. If it is properly tuned, and if it can easily fly on 4 of 6 motors, then it can stay level by turning off the opposite motor. Yaw, pitch, and roll are all evenly distributed, so it is flying level but you don't have any control in some directions.

If you loose for instance the front motor on a hex + configuration, you will loose back pitch but not forward pitch, you will loose yaw in one direction but not the other, you will still have roll control in both directions.

Given enough power (hover at low power) and proper tuning:
Tris are instant crashes when they loose a motor. Quads could conceivably come down flat but spinning fast. Normal hex's can come down fairly level. Octo's and Y6's should be controllable.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:56 AM
Find More Posts by seibernator
***** on a stick
Yeah, I had a prop come off on my tricopter and the thing fell like a brick from about 50 feet!