Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:46 AM
Find More Posts by areon
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
I use Sony Vegas for all my video productions. Its what I use to put picture in picture.
Thx!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:52 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Anyone have some PI settings for a X525 frame?

Got the ARF kit from goodluckbuy, just wondering if anyone else have it and know a decent setup =)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:05 AM
Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Thanks so far. Will put on new arm (broke one) and test some more. Hopefully I don't break this one as I only have one spare.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:08 AM
Find More Posts by asimmetrico
Wingbreaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
The Yaw (RUD) input goes to pin 42 (PB2) of the chip.
That's the third-last pin going counter-clockwise from pin 1.
Thanks
Any idea why this pin shows 16 ohm toward +5v?

Thanks again

Al
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by rcroadtrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post

Got the ARF kit from goodluckbuy, just wondering if anyone else have it and know a decent setup =)
I'd like to know too, thats the frame Im building up now...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post

Board setup for X525
pitch, roll linked yes
p=65
limit=90
i=35
limit=40
yaw
p=65
limit=50
i=40
limit=35
stick scaling
roll=25
pitch=25
yaw=35
throttle=90
misc
min throttle=10
HD=0
limit=30
self level
p=55
limit=45
all mix edit settings are factory.

these are the settings I use. the quad is "nervous" but very stable,
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by redC5
Sudsy,
Sorry I missed your reply from earlier.
On receiver check the count does not increase until I get to half stick. I increased my pulse width to 2.10 and it now increases at about 1/4 stick. I can live with it because it has plenty of throttle to go straight up in a hurry.
Other than the throttle issue everything is working fine. I have it pretty much dialed in. I just need to learn to fly the thing.
Waiting on programmer to update FW.
Thanks,
Julian
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by jabu32
Who put that tree there?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Board setup for X525
pitch, roll linked yes
p=65
limit=90
i=35
limit=40
yaw
p=65
limit=50
i=40
limit=35
stick scaling
roll=25
pitch=25
yaw=35
throttle=90
misc
min throttle=10
HD=0
limit=30
self level
p=55
limit=45
all mix edit settings are factory.

these are the settings I use. the quad is "nervous" but very stable,
my PID settings are a lot higher then yours. im in the 100's. i dont have them on hand but will post them later.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:34 AM
Find More Posts by shafter
Here you guys have my PI setting from KK2 board.

It's for small 340mm Armattan acro quad, 1450kV 2822's + F-20A's simonk

My observations:

1. the quad is quite bouncy and difficult to land because of high P gain but is really LOCKED to the stick
2. lower I gains mean less "self-leveling" after releasing the sticks
3. high P gain for yaw gives me more stability in very sharp turns but quads wants to climb after turn is completed.

Armattan M345

AIL/ELE

P gain: 130
P limit: 100

I gain: 15
I limit: 20

RUD:

P gain: 120
P limit: 100

I limit: 25
I gain: 40

Self level settings:

P gain: 70
P limit: 20

ACC trim: you must work your own to reduce drift.

Stick scaling:

70-70-70-90
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:18 AM
Find More Posts by Upup
I think it would be very useful if there was a section or maybe a separate thread where we could record the kk2 settings and model specs ie type and size of frame and motors ( plus KV and props ) ecs firmware and any comments

The previous post are are good example to guide the rest of us newbuilders so thanks

What about a sticky for this information

Jeff
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
I think it would be very useful if there was a section or maybe a separate thread where we could record the kk2 settings and model specs ie type and size of frame and motors ( plus KV and props ) ecs firmware and any comments

The previous post are are good example to guide the rest of us newbuilders so thanks

What about a sticky for this information

Jeff
That's a good idea!

Well, I have been flying my IFLY-4 quad a lot recently, and it flies so well, I've been spoilt..
So I thought after a little break I'd get back to my RC Explorer Tricopter and start the process of trying to fly it again.
After flashing the 1.5 FW, and generally messing about with the settings, I thought one step at at time will be best.
I altered only the roll and pitch p gain settings, I knocked it down from 50, in stages, and settled at 25, and I can actually hover it now
My DX7 is set at +50 expo, but am still finding it kinda drifty around the centres when in a hover, so I'm still having to use inputs to hold it, I get it still, but if it starts to drift forward, I have to pull a lot of rear stick to get it level, too much and it scoots off in the other direction, it does this an both ail/elev axis'

My only comparison is the IFLY-4 quad, which is very steady in the hover, just needs minimal stick input to keep level, it's so easy...

Can I get my tri to fly like this? Any other settings you learned fellows can provide me with will be very well appreciated.

I'm feeling pretty excited that it's almost there now, so am motivated to keep tuning.

Thanks,

Matt
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by seibernator
***** on a stick
Well I finally plucked up the courage and took my tricopter out into the wild. Instead of hovering around the back garden I took it to a field and let it rip.

The KK2 with v1.4 is fantastic to fly and the auto-level feature is a dream to fly with FPV. The tri is based on the RCExplorer design and is used mainly for FPV with a GoPro.

The one thing I noticed when flying which caused a bit of concern, whenever the tri descended quicker than usual it would start to wobble rapidly and the only way to stop it would be to apply more throttle. I have a feeling my I gain is too high which is around 30 at the moment.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Anyone got the USBasp from Hobbyking working under Windows 8?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibernator View Post
Well I finally plucked up the courage and took my tricopter out into the wild. Instead of hovering around the back garden I took it to a field and let it rip.

The KK2 with v1.4 is fantastic to fly and the auto-level feature is a dream to fly with FPV. The tri is based on the RCExplorer design and is used mainly for FPV with a GoPro.

The one thing I noticed when flying which caused a bit of concern, whenever the tri descended quicker than usual it would start to wobble rapidly and the only way to stop it would be to apply more throttle. I have a feeling my I gain is too high which is around 30 at the moment.

Has anyone else had this problem?
I am hoping to do FPV with mine the same as you..I wonder if you'd be kind enough to share your settings on P gain, I gain on all three axis', or are you flying in SL mode for FPV. Is yours locked sloid in the hover, mine drifts a bit, but am sure it could be a lot more stable.

Sorry, can't help on your wobble question, am sure someone will help you with that

Matt
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by maxmus
Wobble is common. Its hard to come down through downwash. I found a little bit of forward speed while coming down does wonders with descent wobble. I personally switch on autolevel if I'm descending rapidly And add a little forward pitch. Very smooth that way. Hope that helps.