Nov 08, 2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikso View Post
I just flashed from 1.0 to 1.4 with the latest Beta of Lasyzero's tool. It failed and my card went into "nothing-happens-empty-LCD-lights-up"-mode. And the flash tool just kept giving me an error.

So, I disconnected everything else from the USB-ports. Installed version 0.63 of the flash tool and tried again. Voila! It suddenly worked. And now the card powers up nicely and flies unbelievably well.
I wonder if that will breath life into my brain dead KK2 when I eventually get my usbasp lead ( coming from HK with my new board "sent "on the 12 th Oct still not here)

Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srepfler View Post
1.4 fw is amazing,
THANKS Kapteinkuk,
it is unbelievable stable, 1.0 and 1.2 where excellent but
1.4 is FANTASTIC.

http://youtu.be/RUCsDYPg6ds
Hi What lighting system are you using and how is it wired in looks like it is connected downstream of the ecs
or is it wired "y" off the kk2 motor connections, looks cool

Jeff
Nov 08, 2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Hi What lighting system are you using and how is it wired in looks like it is connected downstream of the ecs
or is it wired "y" off the kk2 motor connections, looks cool

Jeff
This one
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...348&aff=448825

I have connected ESC with power on M2, M1 is for powering board and RX,
lights are connected to M7 and M8 and not puling power from rx power but from second ESC ( M2-M8 are parallel).
Others ESC are connected with BEC eliminated power.
Theay will work if plugged to rx but like separate power for non essential stuff.
Nov 08, 2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcfan21 View Post
If they are cheap why is the naza + GPS module $399 compaired to KK2 $30?

Obviously there is more to it than plugging in a few sensors!
Only a very short while ago you had to pay 5 to 10 times the price of the completely made up board with the sensors (AND OF COURSE THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPED BY THE CAPTAIN!!) that the KK2 board has!
It's called progress!
Nov 08, 2012, 05:08 AM
youtube.com/seafax
64 bit JAVA vs 32 bit JAVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcfan21 View Post
I had a lot of trouble trying to get the lazy zero flash tool to work under windows 7 64bit. I not only had to update java to the 64 bit version, but I had to do this using a 64 bit browser. I was using google chrome and didn't realise it's 32 bit. So I had to use internet explorer then download all the latest updates for the 64 bit version. Then I had to download java 64 bit via internet explorer 64 bit. Once I had the 64 bit version of java everything worked.
Thanks for this tip wrcfan it's solved the problems I was having installing Java from the firefox browser too. Just tried again from I.E. 64 bit and got the 64 bit version first time.

Col.
Nov 08, 2012, 05:50 AM
Hello,

i flashed my Board to V1.4.
In Normalmode my Quadcopter flies quite stable, not much to do to let it hover in place.
But when i switch Self Level on it always tilts forward and i have to steer against it.
I am using complete Stock values for P & I.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian
Nov 08, 2012, 05:58 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus85 View Post
Hello,

In Normalmode my Quadcopter flies quite stable, not much to do to let it hover in place.
But when i switch Self Level on it always tilts forward and i have to steer against it.

Thanks in advance
Sebastian
Did you calibrate the acc on a level surface?
Nov 08, 2012, 06:15 AM
iMultirotors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus85 View Post
Hello,

Thanks in advance
Sebastian
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Did you calibrate the acc on a level surface?
^ This, plus once you have that done, use your sub trim on your TX to make it as level as you can. You also have to try to put the battery in the same spot every time or it will lean to the heavier side, but nothing that a quick trim can't fix.
You'll get the hang of it and once you do you'll love it.
Nov 08, 2012, 06:30 AM
Stop me before I build again!
For those having self-level issues.

1) make sure your sensor calibration was done with the props level.
2) if you still have a noticeable pull in one direction that is not related to being unbalanced or having a loose frame, then you can use the self-level acc trim.

Remember that the acc is what gives the unit a absolute reference for down. If that is off you will drift as the KK tries to keep the board level ( as opposed to the quad ). You only need to mess with acc calibration/trim once unless you move the board relative to the quad on 1.3 and higher.

If your problems persist you need to land and check the home screen for odd angles. If this occurs you are witnessing gyro bias, at this time nothing but landing and rearming will correct a bias.

If none of those are the case I would triple check your Tx/Rx to make sure it's not a little sticky or something weird is going on there.
Nov 08, 2012, 06:32 AM
I placed my Quad on the Ground for ACC calibration. I will check again if its a level surface.
I used Subtrim to get Receiver-Test Values to "zero".
In an other Forum someone told me that Self Level Mode and the "normal"-mode are working different (don't know how to explain, my english is not so good). So that my Quad flies in Normal Mode stable and the Self Level Mode tries to level it self but "thinks" it is not in Level... so i have to check if my Board is mounted incorrect or maybe the landing-skids are not level.
I thought, when it flies in Normal mode stable, everything will be okay for Self Level

I'll check these points!!!
Best regards and thanks again!
Nov 08, 2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd View Post
That's because they sell you everything in one package, you pay for easy set up.

There is a bunch of compass, gps and baro sensors that you can get and probably better than the ones the NAZA kit has, but you have to play with them to get them to work right.

Look at the multiwii pro board with GPS, it only cost $60 and has all the sensors we are looking for
- Triple Axis Gyro
- Accelerometer
- Barometer
- Magnetometer
- GPS

I would like to see this features on a KK board
So I Think We Need A KK3 Board now ...if this is the pace at which KK is going..I think multiwii and MPNG are soon going to have solid company.....
Nov 08, 2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalneyCol View Post

Thanks for this tip wrcfan it's solved the problems I was having installing Java from the firefox browser too. Just tried again from I.E. 64 bit and got the 64 bit version first time.

Col.
I uninstalled all java on my pc and then installed 32 bit under IE 9 32,then installed java 64 using IE9 64.On both, using 0.63 from Lazyzero I get "unable to find path" message.partzee
Nov 08, 2012, 09:05 AM
Stop me before I build again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
So I Think We Need A KK3 Board now ...if this is the pace at which KK is going..I think multiwii and MPNG are soon going to have solid company.....
I could see an updated board replacing the 6DoF sensors with a 9 or 10DoF chip(s) ( gyro, accel, manometer, and maybe barometer ) but to go all out would be to lose sight of the the beauty of the KK, no computer to get up and flying and a reasonable cost.
Nov 08, 2012, 09:30 AM
RC pilot by soul
Guys,

for those with V1.5, what kind of gain values did you have to program under "cam stab settings" to get the cam to stay level ?
Nov 08, 2012, 09:46 AM
Master of Flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalneyCol View Post

Col.
That is what I wrote months ago in the flashtool's manual and the FAQ

If you still have problems with non found paths, please try the method provided some pages ago or in the FAQ. You can also search on your harddrive where your javaw.exe is and add the path in front of the javaw in kkmutlicopterflashtool.cmd

Best Christian

Quick Reply