Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
Del-Dredd is offline
Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Registered User
Del-Dredd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
Im starting to wonder if its the RCTimer ESC (pre flashed with SimonK F/W) im using... Has this been noticed previously?
Using flashed ESC's on mine and still get the beeps with no motor spinning during calibration.
TX at full Throttle, connect battery and hold buttons 1 & 4 down, get beep then lower throttle to min, get another beep, then switch off.

Have you checked on Rx Test that throttle is operating in the correct sense ie 0 at min throt and 100 plus at full throt.

If using V1.0 you have to have butoons down when connecting battery.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
tedrobphoto is offline
Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton View Post
Yep, I really like the way the fast auto-level flies. It's as good or better than some other much fancier flight controllers I've tried. Just wanted to reiterate that none of the theoretical work is my own - it's all in the v1.2 source code so KK deserves all the credit. I hope it makes its way into a stable release, maybe with a fix for the fast-yaw-while-tilted problem too...it will be awesome!
Hi Shane
As a long time follower of the development of these Quads (and I post this link as one of the first amazing shots by Jast and Co at MIT year 2006!) I just had to but in and ask are you working along similar lines at MIT? as I saw in the background of one of your videos a reference to MIT.
The work that those guys did (SIX years ago!) amazed me then (AND STILL DOES)
You certainly seem to be on top of the game and even though the script appears not to be written in your usual language you are making steady progress.
I'm an old guy in UK and just bought one of these boards (a heck of a lot cheaper than my last board which relied on differential I.R. emission for stability )and I'm hoping I can make a stable quad out of it using your latest firmware.
Congratulations on your work to date and keep up the good work
Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Csti6mHZNF4

Ted
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:43 AM
Haych is offline
Find More Posts by Haych
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Using flashed ESC's on mine and still get the beeps with no motor spinning during calibration.
TX at full Throttle, connect battery and hold buttons 1 & 4 down, get beep then lower throttle to min, get another beep, then switch off.

Have you checked on Rx Test that throttle is operating in the correct sense ie 0 at min throt and 100 plus at full throt.

If using V1.0 you have to have butoons down when connecting battery.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I flashed my mates KK2 and his did the correct beeps, he uses Plush, I use RCTimer...

my throttle is set right, it even flies right, (tricopter) its just this calibration that I cant get to do what I want it to do.

I just flashed to Shanes Rev2 F/W from KK2 1.2 previously, both respond the same with calibration...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:55 AM
ziggy95 is offline
Find More Posts by ziggy95
Registered User
I tested the alternative firmware KK2_1V2_modS2.

Self level works great ! Values 70/30 in my HK Q450
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
tech69x is offline
Find More Posts by tech69x
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy95 View Post
I tested the alternative firmware KK2_1V2_modS2.

Self level works great ! Values 70/30 in my HK Q450
Have you messed with the trim setting
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
ziggy95 is offline
Find More Posts by ziggy95
Registered User
(Sorry for my english)

I have trimmed nothing.
My Quad was moving itself after i drop the sticks (in self level mode) until i input an higher value in Pgain and PLimit (70/30)

Pgain in Roll/Pitch/Yaw is only 30 for information
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
CO2X is offline
Find More Posts by CO2X
Registered User
CO2X's Avatar

3 blade props


Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti View Post
GWS- 9050, bought them from RcDude a long time ago and just bought some more in the for sale thread. Can get them at a lot of places. I like running three blade props on my quads, seems to run smoother for me but that's probably just me.
Thank you sir !
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
TheFernMan is offline
Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
TheFernMan's Avatar
I've been dying to fly again but I'm currently re building my quad with new motors and ESCs. Using smaller lighter stuff.

Keda A20-50 motors
HK BlueSeries 12a
1500mah 20c bat.

Using a DIYMulticopter frame.

Oh and of course the KK2 board
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:15 PM
tech69x is offline
Find More Posts by tech69x
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy95 View Post
(Sorry for my english)

I have trimmed nothing.
My Quad was moving itself after i drop the sticks (in self level mode) until i input an higher value in Pgain and PLimit (70/30)

Pgain in Roll/Pitch/Yaw is only 30 for information
I am talking about the trim setting on the self level settings and your English is just fine
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:17 PM
tech69x is offline
Find More Posts by tech69x
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
I've been dying to fly again but I'm currently re building my quad with new motors and ESCs. Using smaller lighter stuff.

Keda A20-50 motors
HK BlueSeries 12a
1500mah 20c bat.

Using a DIYMulticopter frame.

Oh and of course the KK2 board
That sounds like a nice setup got any pic
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:21 PM
tech69x is offline
Find More Posts by tech69x
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
This is my DJI 450 with emp 750 kv motors hobbywing 40 amp Esc's and the kk2.0

My Project 5 (1 min 41 sec)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
tech69x is offline
Find More Posts by tech69x
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
If anyone in the us needs props this is a good place to get them

http://diyquadcopters.3dcartstores.c...Props_c_9.html
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:47 PM
TheFernMan is offline
Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
TheFernMan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
If anyone in the us needs props this is a good place to get them

http://diyquadcopters.3dcartstores.c...Props_c_9.html
I see your "cheap US props site" and raise you a even cheaper site for props under 10"

RCPlaneBuilder
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:53 PM
tech69x is offline
Find More Posts by tech69x
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
I see your "cheap US props site" and raise you a even cheaper site for props under 10"

RCPlaneBuilder
It's not my site and you might want to repost yours because it want open
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:53 PM
ziggy95 is offline
Find More Posts by ziggy95
Registered User
Oh ok . Acc trim roll and pitch not modified : 0