New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hasher66 is offline
Find More Posts by Hasher66
If it ain't broke, fix it.
Hasher66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Hey Rolf please hurry with the Ahrs Algorithm version of the firmware for the kk 2.0..please tell us the present status of this code till now ...as i am waiting with baited breath for that....As I am trying to benchmark the stability of this board with the others in my arsenal....so far the board has performed reasonably well in terms of facilitating the noob in me to fly multicopters even with a simple 4 channel radio.... as the board has on board expo...etc.etc.and I am happy with all this but in terms of stability the board should have broken new ground which it has not..comparing this hardware with the multiwii platform..which uses the arduino mini as the main controller which runs at 16MHZ and has the same or similar atmega 8 bit MCU(The no. of pins and the eeprom size is different obviously..anyway the processing power is the same) provides way better stability than the kk2 even though..the kk2 has a 20MHZ osc.. i.e more processing juice.. and i think the only thing which is lagging to provide a rock stable multirotor platform is the code,,so please tell us the status and when do you plan to release it and this thread is really getting cluttered with a lot of off topic discussions so please stick to the topic guys
Wow. Based on your demanding tone, I'd never be even remotely interested in doing you any favors.

Grow up.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:32 PM
fallingdown is offline
Find More Posts by fallingdown
Registered User
Yeah, the KK2 isn't supposed to be a revolution to the multirotor world, just an evolution of the KK board. Its meant to be affordable, easy to set up, and fly even better than the old KK. For $30 you get a great product.

Kaptain Kuk is improving the firmware on his own time for no profit... to which we should all be greatful and patient. Thank you KK!!!
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hasher66 is offline
Find More Posts by Hasher66
If it ain't broke, fix it.
Hasher66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Yeah, the KK2 isn't supposed to be a revolution to the multirotor world, just an evolution of the KK board. Its meant to be affordable, easy to set up, and fly even better than the old KK. For $30 you get a great product.

Kaptain Kuk is improving the firmware on his own time for no profit... to which we should all be greatful and patient. Thank you KK!!!
Hear, hear!

People need to remember that this is a hobby and that the KK2 is not a $1,000+ DJI Wookong. It's a $30 board and it has some nice features. It also flies really well as a replacement for my $20 HK KK v3.0 board.

I'm happy.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:18 PM
747Pilot is offline
Find More Posts by 747Pilot
It's a job...
747Pilot's Avatar

KK2 Google Map


Show it if ya got it!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1684893

Thanks Kaptain!!

Was sitting on the fence & this board (w/ an LCD) pushed me right off the fence head first into the world of multi-rotors. Can't wait to build em, fly em & inevitability crash em.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
midelic is online now
Find More Posts by midelic
Registered User
midelic's Avatar
Actually there is also profit involved(royalties)........but doesn't matter .The board is well worth the money as it is.And the demanding tone is not acceptable in any circumstances.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Yeah, the KK2 isn't supposed to be a revolution to the multirotor world, just an evolution of the KK board. Its meant to be affordable, easy to set up, and fly even better than the old KK. For $30 you get a great product.

Kaptain Kuk is improving the firmware on his own time for no profit... to which we should all be greatful and patient. Thank you KK!!!
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
tc3wins is offline
Find More Posts by tc3wins
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Well said!!!! it is a great board for 30.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
Hear, hear!

People need to remember that this is a hobby and that the KK2 is not a $1,000+ DJI Wookong. It's a $30 board and it has some nice features. It also flies really well as a replacement for my $20 HK KK v3.0 board.

I'm happy.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:28 PM
fallingdown is offline
Find More Posts by fallingdown
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
Actually there is also profit involved(royalties)........but doesn't matter .The board is well worth the money as it is.And the demanding tone is not acceptable in any circumstances.
The royalties he gets is from board sales. Not from creating new firmware... Unless that kk flashing program has been siphoning money from my bank account...
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:25 PM
Erknie is offline
Find More Posts by Erknie
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Yeah, the KK2 isn't supposed to be a revolution to the multirotor world, just an evolution of the KK board. Its meant to be affordable, easy to set up, and fly even better than the old KK. For $30 you get a great product.

Kaptain Kuk is improving the firmware on his own time for no profit... to which we should all be greatful and patient. Thank you KK!!!
It is kind of a revolution, in as much as one of the most popular 6DOF boards is the Crius Lite running MultiWii which cost another $10-12. The KK2 is probably a better option than the Crius Lite, I have both and the KK2 is easier to use.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:59 PM
dutchcommando is offline
Find More Posts by dutchcommando
making crashing a lifestyle!
dutchcommando's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Here are a few builds I did with the KK2 Boards . I am still adjusting the PID's for each and i need to clean up the wires etc.... but all in all they fly very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5UJRA490Fs&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIoQy...ature=youtu.be
very nice and stable..
did you fly in stable mode?

would you share your pids and stable settings?

my KK2 flies great without autostab, but becomes uncontrollable with auto stab on..
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
cyborgcnc is offline
Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
The Drones are Coming!!!
cyborgcnc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastislavko View Post
I just hope there will be somebody able to rewrite the Evil Assembly into Friendly C :-)
This is what makes the board STABLE .Assembly! Might be a language for warlocks, but I think this is still one of the most stable and simple boards out there bar none!

I build one back in the day of hacking Gyro's, and since then have tried about 6 others.....I keep coming back to the KK board, as it flies so great!
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
cyborgcnc is offline
Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
The Drones are Coming!!!
cyborgcnc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
It is kind of a revolution, in as much as one of the most popular 6DOF boards is the Crius Lite running MultiWii which cost another $10-12. The KK2 is probably a better option than the Crius Lite, I have both and the KK2 is easier to use.
Exactly! I have a crius in my Y-6, and I am struggling to make it fly as stable as the KK board.....it works, but the KK board is just SO simple and stable!
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:48 PM
BennettOZ84 is offline
Find More Posts by BennettOZ84
Swinger. Heli and planks!
BennettOZ84's Avatar
Looks like yet another shipment arrived.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:12 AM
rob10000 is offline
Find More Posts by rob10000
Registered User
rob10000's Avatar
I accidently adjusted the contrast such that I cannot read the screen now.
Does anyone know how to do a "master reset" to default values?
I looked thru the manual and didn't see anything.
Alternatively, could someone provide the series of button pushes it would require to get back to the "contrast" screen blind?
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:42 AM
Percalotor - Quad_Addict is offline
Find More Posts by Percalotor - Quad_Addict
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc View Post
This is what makes the board STABLE .Assembly! Might be a language for warlocks, but I think this is still one of the most stable and simple boards out there bar none!

I build one back in the day of hacking Gyro's, and since then have tried about 6 others.....I keep coming back to the KK board, as it flies so great!
lol def not the most stable. on the cheap form factor possibly

i like it for its functions and i was done with any KK stuff till this board came about so i hope it doesn't break my heart yet again.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:04 AM
pinguin is online now
Find More Posts by pinguin
Registered User
pinguin's Avatar
Sorry if this one have been asked before, how is KK2 compare to i86 ?