@ mrmurder1975 and Krash n burn:
Try lowering your yaw P and I gains.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
+1 If you change props, you have to review your gains.

Max
May 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
ok thanks, will do. my yaw gains are quiet high if i remember correctly. cant test it now as the kids are in bed, but will try it in the morning and report back.

if you don't mind me asking, how would the yaw gains, high or otherwise, affect the throttle? not disputing your advice, i genuinely don't know how high yaw gain's would produce the symptoms evident on my throttle control.
May 10, 2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Yes, he said that SL mode was affected by this bug as well. I'm pretty sure he will release an official firmware version in a few days, but if you want to test it now, I can compile a new hex file with his suggested modification.
if your doing the KK patch on your 1.4 Acro firmware I'll install it and try but were in for 4 day's of rain so it might take some time.
May 10, 2013, 05:46 PM
8 bit is more fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975 View Post
ok thanks, will do. my yaw gains are quiet high if i remember correctly. cant test it now as the kids are in bed, but will try it in the morning and report back.

if you don't mind me asking, how would the yaw gains, high or otherwise, affect the throttle? not disputing your advice, i genuinely don't know how high yaw gain's would produce the symptoms evident on my throttle control.
This is from the PI tuning guide:

Yaw P-tuning

Increase Yaw P-gain by 10 (5 or less for a small aircraft) at a time, and test your aircraft response by hovering and move the Yaw control stick until it have yawed about a quarter of a circle, and then center it.

As you increase the gain you will notice:
1: The aircraft start and stops faster.
2: The aircraft overshoots less.
3: The aircraft may start to climb or descend.
May 10, 2013, 05:58 PM
8 bit is more fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
if your doing the KK patch on your 1.4 Acro firmware I'll install it and try but were in for 4 day's of rain so it might take some time.
I might try it myself this weekend. If I notice a big improvement I will certainly let you know ASAP, but otherwise I think we should wait a few days and see what Rolf comes up with.
May 10, 2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
This is from the PI tuning guide:

Yaw P-tuning

Increase Yaw P-gain by 10 (5 or less for a small aircraft) at a time, and test your aircraft response by hovering and move the Yaw control stick until it have yawed about a quarter of a circle, and then center it.

As you increase the gain you will notice:
1: The aircraft start and stops faster.
2: The aircraft overshoots less.
3: The aircraft may start to climb or descend.
ah yeah,i remember reading that now, thanks. think i might go back to factory and start over. having those crappy red brick esc's on there meant i had to keep my gains really really low,and it still didn't stop the shakes. now i have better esc's i think i may of got a bit carried away with my gains i will have another crack at it in the morning with fresh eyes.
May 10, 2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
I will record my 10" settings and try adjusting for 8" tomorrow. I may just factory reset and retune all together for 8". I will report back sometime this weekend.
May 10, 2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
I might try it myself this weekend. If I notice a big improvement I will certainly let you know ASAP, but otherwise I think we should wait a few days and see what Rolf comes up with.
the more I think about it I'm sure he's correcting the error as we think about it. But if nothing shows on LazyZero's update list I'd for sure try your updated firmware.
May 10, 2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinco View Post
well im using brushless gimbal for AP and gopro hard mounted for extreme fpv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bXQ3SEqLRc
Very nice video Trinco. What camera are you using for AP?
May 10, 2013, 08:44 PM
How high will it go?
I've never had any luck with height damping. Mine is alway at 0. Anything else the quad would do random things.
May 10, 2013, 08:44 PM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post
Very nice video Trinco. What camera are you using for AP?
thanks, nothing fancy just gopro
May 10, 2013, 09:48 PM
5th
5th
Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975 View Post
I think what happens is that the overshoot on correction causes the craft to use too much total thrust per unit time and the excess becomes general lift. At least thats how I envision it in my head.

Quote:
I have seen your laps in the park. You sir are one hell of a pilot.
May 10, 2013, 10:19 PM
How high will it go?
To me high P and I gains won't affect altitude. If you PI is too high it will oscillate, but not gain altitude. Height dampening is the only thing I have ever seen raise my quads altitude, it acts possessed at anything more than zero.
May 10, 2013, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Surprised. That does not look like GoPro video - no spherical distortion.

Quick Reply