Jul 16, 2012, 10:08 PM
Just installed mine today, took me less than an hour even with having to swap out the esc wiring to get the right rotation. Love this board, much better than the HK i86, which I was happy with until I got this one! Very stable in auto level.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2012, 05:16 AM
Hey Everyone......... does not having simonk's esc firmware on my turnigy plushes make a big difference to the stability of my tricopter ?? A very simple query here..about the turnigy plush esc's
Jul 17, 2012, 05:38 AM
Hi Kk,when you write the new stuff for the KK2,how will we no its available and also what lead do we use to download it,many thank's,Marty.

Keep up the good work.
Jul 17, 2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Hey Everyone......... does not having simonk's esc firmware on my turnigy plushes make a big difference to the stability of my tricopter ?? A very simple query here..about the turnigy plush esc's

It should be perfectly feasible to get your Tri flying well without the Simonk firmware update.

However using the updated ESC firmware should allow you to make it better.

You need to make sure you are able to flash your ESC as the Plush series changed the microchip from Atmega to Silab if you have Silab then it cannot be done right now.

The only way to check is to remove the heat shrink from your esc and take a look.

Take a look at the thread dedicated to this topic
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1513678
Be warned its a very technical and LONG thread!

I will be kind and point you to this video it explains everything.

Flashing SimonK Firmware on a 20 amp HK esc (12 min 30 sec)
Jul 17, 2012, 05:54 AM
how to get the voltage alarm to work with a 4s battery pack??
Jul 17, 2012, 05:56 AM
Just put my new KK2 in a tiny quad with an M2M of approx 210 mm. Frame built out of a wine bottle box, mystery A1510, SimonK flashed ESCs.

Stable as a table:

Micro Quad with KK2 Flight Controller (3 min 15 sec)

Spec and quick build log here: http://eirikso.com/2012/07/17/yet-an...k2-micro-quad/
Jul 17, 2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikso View Post
Just put my new KK2 in a tiny quad with an M2M of approx 210 mm. Frame built out of a wine bottle box, mystery A1510, SimonK flashed ESCs.

Stable as a table:

http://youtu.be/e-uvWaoVwRU

Spec and quick build log here: http://eirikso.com/2012/07/17/yet-an...k2-micro-quad/
Nice aerobatics.
Jul 17, 2012, 06:46 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
how to get the voltage alarm to work with a 4s battery pack??
...have you already wired up the cable from the KK2?
If not, see a few pics throughout the thread.
If so, all you need to do is set the low voltage alarm to 4x your personal preference of minimum voltage. Try 12V as a good starting point.
12V assumes a terminal cell voltage of 3.0V per cell, but you might like to set the alarm much sooner as 3.0V is almost completely drained.
Personally I use 3.6V per cell which is 10.8V for 3S and 14.4V for 4S. This is super-conservative though and I find at least 40% capacity remaining.
Last edited by HappySundays; Jul 17, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
Jul 17, 2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
...have you already wired up the cable from the KK2?
If not, see a few pics throughout the thread.
If so, all you need to do is set the low voltage alarm to 4x your personal preference of minimum voltage. Try 12V as a good starting point.
so it should be 120 when programming ..
never flown with 4s but personally I think 12v will be too less. No time for landing as at 12v the battery theoretically is empty. For example on 3s I'm coming for landing at 10v if I'm somewhat far ..
Jul 17, 2012, 07:41 AM
newbee here.... I am totaly confused with calibrating the escs
there are all sorts of beeps when holding down 1and 4 as it says calibrating

so when do I move the throttle to the low position...
Jul 17, 2012, 07:44 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
what esc's do you have?
Jul 17, 2012, 08:09 AM
they are robot birds, but work off the turnigy programming card...

I just tried moving the stick down after the first beeps.. it seems ok now...Its likely sorted.. thanks
I think I needed to read the esc sheet to see how it beeps for the setup
Jul 17, 2012, 09:19 AM
Anyone flying acro with this board yet? Just wondering what stick scaling numbers you think are OK for flips and rolls. Stock setting is 30%, and as I have found out, you need a whole lot of altitude to pull flips with these settings.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris
Jul 17, 2012, 09:55 AM
my latest build..
DJI F330 frame
HK KK V2 with LCD board
2212 1000kv motors /8" props
HK f20A esc
optima 6 2.4ghz

Jul 17, 2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Anyone flying acro with this board yet? Just wondering what stick scaling numbers you think are OK for flips and rolls. Stock setting is 30%, and as I have found out, you need a whole lot of altitude to pull flips with these settings.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris
Take it up 20 at a time and just roll left/right a bit to get a feel for it. I found it crazy fast (uncontrollable) at 100 but then everybody's setup is different.

Quick Reply