Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:39 AM
Find More Posts by AcroFPV
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmik View Post
I have made tutorial to set aux channel for SL. Please have a look here.
http://rcsci.blogspot.in/2012/07/kk2...nel-setup.html
Not sure what that is, but none of that is necessary to use Self Level on an Aux channel.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by davibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Set P and I gains at a level that makes you happy. if the air frame climbs when yawing reduce the yaw LIMITS. This will reduce the ammount of power available without reducing the amount of error correction at the set point.
I think this just make it turning slower, and it's pretty slow already. Of course turning slower reduces the problems I mentioned. I will try lowering it later today anyway.

Quote:
As for dropping a wing, that is somthing you will need to play with in the mix editor. I dont feel comfortable with that so I used a mix in my tx to slove that issue.
Using the mixer in this case is a workaround, isn't it ? I may be wrong but I think the board should keep the airframe leveled (at any level, not just flat) while using yaw or not. I will try though. I can see the problem happening also with autolevel on but the board in this case corrects it pretty fast.

Quote:
#3. descending through the prop wash will make even the most stable MR wobble, some more than others, so, slow your rate of descent or move the MR in any direction so it descends away from the wash.
Acro???
On page 1 or there abouts there is a vid of some dude playing with the stick scalling, use this with caution as it will make the MR become very aggresive.
You are right. I'll try to understand better if it happens also while travelling.

For "Acro" i meant to do aerobatic stuff, to fly with autolevel off, far, fast, you know, all those things that make you break everything
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:12 AM
Find More Posts by metalfred
Falling with style
Anyone know why the roll servo (m7) is moving the gimbal when I pitch up / down the hex? Its working fine when I bank, but why is it trying to compensate when I pitch up / down the frame? Any idea?
Last edited by metalfred; Nov 25, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by redC5
This works for me..
I just shim it until level and then power up...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by srepfler
Some weekend flight with Power meter on Hexcopter.
More power in flight then I predicted.

Power meter on HEX SIX (8 min 17 sec)
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Can anyone explain to me why it behaves like this?

x525 (1 min 38 sec)

I'm using the same default PI settings, and same firmware as in this video filmed when I just got my KK2 board:

X525 V3 ARF - First flight with KK2, default settings. (1 min 15 sec)

I don't get it, I've checked the motors connections, props, motor-spin direction.
Also loaded quadcopter X. Also did calibrate on a perfect flat surface.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by georgez
C'mon Man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post

http://youtu.be/lcFkYO9x7Bc

I'm using the same default PI settings, and same firmware as in this video filmed when I just got my KK2 board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmD4PDuSBc

I don't get it, I've checked the motors connections, props, motor-spin direction.
Also loaded quadcopter X. Also did calibrate on a perfect flat surface.
What is the difference in these two quads? Or is it the same one?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by shafter
Where is the problem ?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by brontide
Stop me before I build again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Calibrate your ESC's.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Calibrate your ESC's.
Did just do that, will do it again then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez View Post
What is the difference in these two quads? Or is it the same one?
It's the same, only different box ontop.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
any ideas for a motor that cuts out/hiccups under load? Already checked all connectors and even swapped out bullets. Next up is to swap motors around to see if the problem follows the esc or the motor. Extraordinarily frustrating since I ordered 6 of these motors and may not even get a quad out of it!!!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
any ideas for a motor that cuts out/hiccups under load? Already checked all connectors and even swapped out bullets. Next up is to swap motors around to see if the problem follows the esc or the motor. Extraordinarily frustrating since I ordered 6 of these motors and may not even get a quad out of it!!!
had a mosfet in an esc that started to act up and swapped my spare motor on to the quad and moved it to every position and finally had it in close and saw the prop doing weird things on one and swapped out the esc and end of problem. Finally swapped all 4 esc's for a Hobbywing Quattro esc board and still flying the quad.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:21 PM
In my case swapping out the motor appears to have solved the issue. I was able to beat one of the two from last night into operation and its working.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by repedes
Just in case someone else needs this...
It's a form to write down your kk2.0 settings for version 1.5
Last edited by repedes; Nov 25, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Grounded Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acit View Post
Thanks guys for the help, sorry that I'm not aware the ESC Calibration function had been removed from the Menu.

I did follow the method and also watch the video but both beeps from my ESC giving 2 beeps even the confirmation beep.

After Armed the board, the 2nd motor (I'm on Quadcopter X mode) is not turning even when the throttle is at max. The rest of the motors turning fine.

Could it due to improper calibration of ESC?
I would suggest you increase the minimum throtle to 20%. It worked for me after I encountered the same issue.