Nov 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by crezzee
kapteinkuk,

First may i say how impressed i am with fw1.5 on my kk2 board. It works really well, i love the new self level and gimbal feature.

I'm developing a very simple gimbal for multirotors that uses 2 servos for tilt and roll at the same time, similar to this system but much simpler and very easier to build. I will release a 'how to build it' thread once it's working properly.
So far the gimbal works really well when i use delta wing mixing on my transmitter, it's operation is very smooth.
However as your current gimbal software uses conventional gimbal outputs (1 servo for pitch & 1 servo for roll) i have to use a seperate v tail mixer to give me the required differential output.
The problem is all these cheap vtail servo mixers only have 200 steps for the servos and this makes the servos very notchy / jerky in motion causing the camera to shake and vibrate.
So my question is can you modify the gimbal part of the code to output channels 7 & 8 in differential mode so i can remove the cheap low resolution mixer and have smooth servos?
Cheers Ian
If you just want stand-alone camstab, try OpenAero2 for the KK2 board.
It has independent roll/pitch(tilt)/pan channels for camstab and 1000 step resolution for each.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone. I've still got a KK2 board sat here that I'm unable to use. I gave up trying to get it to work about 4 months ago, but since then I've come back to it, re-flashed it with the latest 1.5 but still the same problem.....the display on the LCD will only stay lit whilst the USB programmer is attached. Wire it up with an ESC and nothing. Anybody help please ? Neil
Nov 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Measure resistance between the VCC pin on the 6-pin ISP header (lower left pin on the board) and the center pin of the device you are using to power the KK board; the center pin of one of the RX inputs or the M1 motor connector right? I'm getting about 2.5 Ohms.

I've got the DJI ESCs (no BEC) so my board is powered from the RX inputs, which in turn is powered by a BEC.

Can you hook up a 4S NiMH receiver pack to it as a test? There should be nothing magic about VCC on the ISP header versus VCC on the receiver pins or M1 input.
Nov 23, 2012, 06:00 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Hey guys...i just put this on my H-quad and i have everything almost dialed in...but my throttle seems a bit jumpy..what should i do to tame this a bit?
I'm not at home right now so i can't post pics or my current gains...
Nov 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mother warned you about me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE
Hey guys...i just put this on my H-quad and i have everything almost dialed in...but my throttle seems a bit jumpy..what should i do to tame this a bit?
I'm not at home right now so i can't post pics or my current gains...
Stick handling... bring the throttle down.
Nov 23, 2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1
Stick handling... bring the throttle down.
Ok...so in the stick scaling menu...lower it just a bit
Nov 23, 2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Correct. Until your happy with it.
Nov 23, 2012, 06:21 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
No he means you have to be more gentle on the throttle stick.

I found this difficult as well. My craft always wants to either climb, or descend, but rarely am I able to hover in one spot. I have since setup a custom throttle curve on my Transmitter, so my throttle stick starts at 20% and ends at 70%. This makes it much easier to fine-tune the throttle and tame the machine....
Nov 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks creepy 1 and Subaru4wd.....

I use acro mode on my tx....never liked the heli mode...maybe i should take time to mess around with it...i have heard that using the throttle curve works well....
Nov 23, 2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Thanks creepy 1 and Subaru4wd.....

I use acro mode on my tx....never liked the heli mode...maybe i should take time to mess around with it...i have heard that using the throttle curve works well....
I use acro as well.
Nov 23, 2012, 06:43 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide
Flashing on my Mac is as easy as drag and drop. Trying the same on w7 was a hair pulling experience getting the drivers installed. My understanding is that w8 is worse.
My very first computer was a VIC 20, somewere along the line I got a PC and it was about W98 that I started to wonder why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide
Maybe someone needs to design a stand alone box that works over bt and can flash avr, Silabs, and others. Remove the unstable part of the equation.
Maybe all us idiots still using PC need to wake up and buy a Mac !
Nov 23, 2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001
My very first computer was a VIC 20, somewere along the line I got a PC and it was about W98 that I started to wonder why.

Maybe all us idiots still using PC need to wake up and buy a Mac !
If your buying I'm in!
Nov 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1
If your buying I'm in!
Its on the wish list...
Nov 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup
Hi All this is my second board ( first was brain dead) anyway I cant seem to get rid of what appears to me as high P "shakes" if I lower the P numbers the quad becomes unflyable but the shaking persists all the way down in P numbers

Any ideas please

Jeff
Mate. that looks like typical P gain shake but..... first thing you need to do is double check Prop and motor balance. That shaking is also typical of excess vibration. Once you have done that, and the problem persists, set your P gain at about 50 and reduce the P Limit to 80 (most ppl run at 100) and see if it improves. failing that increase your I gain through the roof until the quad becomes "doughy" you probably wont see any "low speed oscilations" more of a " flying down the toilet bowl" feeling, then drop the I Gain slowly until you regain controll, Increase I Limit until the toilet bowl feeling comes back then reduce it to regain controll again. I have no trouble doing that with my quad but that is about the best my tiny brain can explain it to you.

Pete.
Nov 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
Stop me before I build again!
One feature I'm thinking of playing with is voltage monitor. I now have a quad that runs on 2s or 3s so I'm thinking of converting the voltage monitoring to a per cell value with KK auto detecting the cell count on startup. I will probably be basing it off 1.4 at this point.

Quick Reply