Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by flarssen
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivazapata View Post
About donation: I would rather donate via PayPal directly to Rolf, but have not found his PayPal e-mail account.
It can be found in this thread.

Fred
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by tfmccull
Hey all,

Just upgraded to 1.5 and I wanted to re-calibrate my ESCs. I follow the procedure and instead of calibrating i get "Throttle pass-through" on the display and it does nothing. Any ideas?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Throttle pass through is what KK2 did with original FW for calibration as well.

Just message has changed I guess.

Did not bother with an ESC Re Cal after flashing to 1.4 on my Tri, still works fine as on 1.2,
ESC Cal should not need re doing unless you replace an ESC or the TX.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by jer291113
Heli and E-Plane
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
Worst day of my life today...lost my mother in a bad car accident, she was taking things to the good will to donate and somebody hit her head on trying to pass somebody...insted of them hitting the brakes they floored the gas trying to get around and didn't make it and hit my mother head on doing over 70 mph...i am so heart broken i can no way put it in to words...
tell your mother you love her everyday cause it might be the last time you get to...i didn't get to ..
Very sorry to hear about your mom, my condolences to you and your family.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by Akcopter
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
Worst day of my life today...lost my mother in a bad car accident, she was taking things to the good will to donate and somebody hit her head on trying to pass somebody...insted of them hitting the brakes they floored the gas trying to get around and didn't make it and hit my mother head on doing over 70 mph...i am so heart broken i can no way put it in to words...
tell your mother you love her everyday cause it might be the last time you get to...i didn't get to ..
That's really awful news man.!!..I cant really express my condolences In words and am trying hard to do it justice....I feel sorry for your loss..but all I can say is R.I.P. @Magic_marty's MOM.....Atleast a page of this thread can be dedicated to this.....
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:59 AM
Find More Posts by KeiTora

RC Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Hi, have a look at OpenAero2 for your Osprey project using the KK2.
OE2 has many more mixer options both on the RC side and the motor side.
You can also switch stability and/or autolevel on/off via a variety of methods.
Full thread over here.
Thank you for teaching good information!

I installed OpenAero2.

I'll be able to save the weight of over 30g.

This is a very good firmware for my purposes!:D
Last edited by KeiTora; Nov 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:24 AM
Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Throttle pass through is what KK2 did with original FW for calibration as well.

Just message has changed I guess.

Did not bother with an ESC Re Cal after flashing to 1.4 on my Tri, still works fine as on 1.2,
ESC Cal should not need re doing unless you replace an ESC or the TX.
Good points ... but ...

Change tx or rx will nor require to recalibrate esc, sine esc are controlled by kk2.0 board

Yes only change one esc (still it will need a new esc same as the others), it may require esc calibration

Some esc don't need to be calibrated ...

Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Looking forward to getting my board to to test in my x525, I just can't figure out what's wrong with the kk 5.5 I'm using now. Motors behave weird when applying throttle. And it gives more power to the left back motor, so it tilts left forward when trying to liftoff.

I've dobechecked all motors and its all according to manual :-/
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
My KK2 board came with a Peizo buzzer attached to a connector. Where does it plug into the board?
Ok Thanks to Suburau? I saw the diagram and found where to attach the piezzo buzzer. In the video he solders on the jst connector to the back side of the board. I'm using a 4000mah 3c with a big T60 connector which attaches to the powerdistribution board on a F450 DJI board. I'm missing something someone help me fill in the missing gaps. If I attach my battery directly to the controller then what's attached to the power distribution board? Does anyone follow what I'm saying. Sory for all the noob questions
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by glirich
Quote:
Ok Thanks to Suburau? I saw the diagram and found where to attach the piezzo buzzer. In the video he solders on the jst connector to the back side of the board. I'm using a 4000mah 3c with a big T60 connector which attaches to the powerdistribution board on a F450 DJI board. I'm missing something someone help me fill in the missing gaps. If I attach my battery directly to the controller then what's attached to the power distribution board? Does anyone follow what I'm saying. Sory for all the noob questions
Hi, just run the red wire in the video to the positive side of your power distribution board, no need to worry about ground that is taken care of through plugging in your esc.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Thanks that's what I was looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glirich View Post
Hi, just run the red wire in the video to the positive side of your power distribution board, no need to worry about ground that is taken care of through plugging in your esc.
Now what about if I wanted to hook up some LED's or orientation I bought some LED's from HK and would like to plug them up. Can I use the KK2 Controller Board to hook these up?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by flohio117
DroneWorksUSA.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
Surprise, surprise...

Welcome to the club... You definitely have to upgrade to Firmware v1.4.

Yeah I have no clue what fw is on it right now lol. I'm waiting for my friend to get his cable in so we can update our boards.

Auto-level works awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
When you say you missed with it,,you mean you messed it up? what does it do when you turn on auto level? and you say old firmware? which? Don't get mislead by thinking a flash well fix your problems... cause i can tell you AL works in all FW..yes the newest may make it level out faster, bottom line is AL works on every FW.
No I don't think I messed it up. When I put it into al it jousts moves around the sky trying to lvl itself but its slow then it fixes itself and starts drifting another way trying to lvl itself again. I'm pretty sure my p gain is 125 or 130 and my I gain is 50 or 60. It deff doesn't auto lvl like my CC board. But it's rate mode flies fine.
I want to get the auto lvl to work fast bc this is going to be my sport aerobatic tri and I need to have al working incase I lose orientation.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by jsmith285
Under Self level settings
What does the ACC roll and pitch settings do?
Can they be used to tweek self level drifting?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by glirich
Quote:
Thanks that's what I was looking for.

Now what about if I wanted to hook up some LED's or orientation I bought some LED's from HK and would like to plug them up. Can I use the KK2 Controller Board to hook these up?
Use your power distribution board, just make sure you have the correct resistor for your voltage/ led. From HK they may already have resistor in circuit.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by biggles uk
BNUC-s
Is this too much I gain? I've got I and P set around 170 it flies great when you don't fly agressivley but when you gun it it does this. turn it up and listen for the nice crunch at the end thankfully only a broken motor mount and prop
hexcopter crash (0 min 29 sec)
Last edited by biggles uk; Nov 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM.