Thread Tools
Jul 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
Registered User
pbmax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose
I have heard this option before in the tuning video. Where can I find it in the menu?

Thanks

Jose
I don't have the board in front of me and I don't think the manual mentions it, but I believe it's under Misc. Settings.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
rcbif's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
You can't reverse gyros and you shouldn't need to with this board, I believe. Have you read the first page of this thread? You can reverse the yaw channel in your transmitter, though.

Best,
Chris
nope. Even when the rudder is norm and rev, the tricopter yaws into the direction I spin it. I there really no manual gyro reverse? Seems kinda silly for a board this nice not to have it?

edit - I did the test the "dangerous way" to be sure by holding it over my head and giving it low throttle. Spinning the model to the right, causes the servo to tilt left, throwing the tricopter into a spin.
Jul 11, 2012, 01:21 PM
Registered User
pbmax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbif
nope. Even when the rudder is norm and rev, the tricopter yaws into the direction I spin it. I there really no manual gyro reverse? Seems kinda silly for a board this nice not to have it?

edit - I did the test the "dangerous way" to be sure by holding it over my head and giving it low throttle. Spinning the model to the right, causes the servo to tilt left, throwing the tricopter into a spin.
Could this be fixed through the mixer editor?
Jul 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
rcbif's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmax
Could this be fixed through the mixer editor?
not through what I tried. That's where the option SHOULD be though.
Jul 11, 2012, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
In any case, you acknowledge that there was a lot of talking in the video, which is true, but you also acknowledge to not watching the whole thing before you replied to my post so it explains why you were lacking necessary information to post on the subject. As I said, best to watch the videos (especially if there is a lot of talking in them) and read the comments before commenting.
I read ALL the comments before I commented. I lacked the necessary information because I didn't know that a video posted without description related to another posting describing a problem you had. I was responding to post #540.
Jul 11, 2012, 01:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbif
not through what I tried. That's where the option SHOULD be though.
It is. And its on the first page, had to do it myself...

"Q: How to reverse the yaw gyro for a tricopter?
A: Go to the "Mixer Editor" and change the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100".
Jul 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
I

And no, it's not user friendly if the motors layout doesn't match the layout shown in the manual. Far from it.

Best,
Chris
Well it does for everyone else that has a KK2 board, therefore it's pointless to insist that the manual is incorrect.

Last edited by Erknie; Jul 11, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Jul 11, 2012, 01:39 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
Well it does for everyone else that has a KK2 board, therefore it's pointless to insist that the manual is incorrect.
It's incorrect for me, and if I have to make a video to prove it to you, you'll be certain to owe me a beer, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Jul 11, 2012, 01:40 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown
I read ALL the comments before I commented. I lacked the necessary information because I didn't know that a video posted without description related to another posting describing a problem you had. I was responding to post #540.
No worries. Have a nice day.

Best,
Chris
Jul 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
It's incorrect for me, and if I have to make a video to prove it to you, you'll be certain to owe me a beer, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Then send it back under warranty and stop wasting our time.
Jul 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
Then send it back under warranty and stop wasting our time.
How rude. I actually suggested to move on because my quad is fine but you insisted on posting more about it. I was just being polite and acknowledging your response. Geez.... Take a chill pill, Sir. If you don't want to waste your time, just don't post.

Chris
Jul 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmax
I don't have the board in front of me and I don't think the manual mentions it, but I believe it's under Misc. Settings.
Thanks, will check it.
Jul 11, 2012, 02:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbif
nope. Even when the rudder is norm and rev, the tricopter yaws into the direction I spin it. I there really no manual gyro reverse? Seems kinda silly for a board this nice not to have it?

edit - I did the test the "dangerous way" to be sure by holding it over my head and giving it low throttle. Spinning the model to the right, causes the servo to tilt left, throwing the tricopter into a spin.
I've only built one tri so I may be talking out of my ars here. On the one I did build, when I moved the rudder stick to the right, my motor tilted to the right so that the back leg made the tri turn clockwise and the opposite when I moved the rudder to the left. Just like a heli tail swings to the left when going right and visa versa.

What I believe you need to do is not reverse a gyro but your yaw.

Reversing the gyro causes the multirotor to compensate in the opposite direction of travel. For example, if the tri was spinning too much to the right, the gyro
would notice that then compensate to move the tri in the other direction. Same action applies for roll and pitch.

You should reverse/not reverse the rudder channel on your transmitter to get the tri's rear leg (tail) to spin the tri in the correct direction OR you can flip the servo around on the leg so that the servo horn is on the opposite side.
Jul 11, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Omg.. I almost lost my quad after i mounted kk2 to my Talon frame and testflew it. I hadn't any problems with kk1 thought.

In sensor test if I tilt board very hard to any direction, is it normal that kk2 tells that gyro's status isn't ok? Tried to flew my quad and it was almost uncontrollable. It tries to correct itself really aggresively. I think some of that is beacuse of gains, but how's that sensor test result. I have calibrated sensors and done all that basic stuff.
Jul 11, 2012, 02:39 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by primeri
Omg.. I almost lost my quad after i mounted kk2 to my Talon frame and testflew it. I hadn't any problems with kk1 thought.

In sensor test if I tilt board very hard to any direction, is it normal that kk2 tells that gyro's status isn't ok? Tried to flew my quad and it was almost uncontrollable. It tries to correct itself really aggresively. I think some of that is beacuse of gains, but how's that sensor test result. I have calibrated sensors and done all that basic stuff.
Perhaps your ESC configuration needs some tweaking like mine did.

Best,
Chris