Thread Tools
Oct 08, 2012, 12:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
now that cooler weather is apon us has anyone noticed any issues with the kk2 board and colder weather??

my free flight board goes nuts in the cold .

my multiwii is fine in the cold .

what about the kk2??if nobody has cold weather problems with them i may buy one .
thanks
I've flown it at 5C and no problem other than my shivering, I hate cold but I gotta fly.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2012, 01:05 PM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
DrEvil's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikso
This KK2 board was my key to acro flying. Rate mode is amazing. And I find it pretty "forgiving" regarding vibrations. This small quad has been beaten hard. Shafts bent, arms crushed etc. Still the KK2 stabilise it very well. Video absolutely best in HD full screen. It's a small quad and a wide angle on that GoPro:

https://vimeo.com/50946966

GLB Carbon Frame strengthened with wood.
1510 - 2200 KV motors
6A SimonK ESCs
TGY Nano 0.95 3S Batteries
Cheap 5 inch slowflyers from HK
KK2 with 1.0 firmware, rate mode
Nice flipps Erikso
Oct 08, 2012, 01:11 PM
Ikaruswannab
Me too!!!!
Any photo of the tilting mechanisms used???
Are BB's used??
Oct 08, 2012, 01:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikso
I've bought these motors from both DX and GLB. Both have 2mm shaft. And that's a pain because they bend easily...
Good to know, thanks. Given the number of "inelegant ground encounters" I've had learning with my v929 I think robustness is an important selection criteria.

Are you pushing the props on this one, or using adapters of some sort?

cheers,
Andrew
Oct 08, 2012, 01:54 PM
Registered User

Orange receiver not working with kk2


Hi guys i bought a spektrum dx6i and 2 6 channel orange receiver's and i have all plugged write and i move the sticks and in the kk2 receiver monitor is like i have even moving any thing but the receiver works and the transmitter to and when i turn off the transmitter appears no signal in the kk2 but when i turn on it goes to 0 and do not move from that. Please help me
Oct 08, 2012, 01:59 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdt
Hi guys i bought a spektrum dx6i and 2 6 channel orange receiver's and i have all plugged write and i move the sticks and in the kk2 receiver monitor is like i have even moving any thing but the receiver works and the transmitter to and when i turn off the transmitter appears no signal in the kk2 but when i turn on it goes to 0 and do not move from that. Please help me
I'd start by verifying that the plug, from the receiver to the KK2.0, is plugged in correctly, make sure there not 180 degrees backwards.
Oct 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
Registered User
There is all plugged write i double check
Oct 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
Registered User

Orange receiver not working with kk2


There is all plugged write i double check
Oct 08, 2012, 02:20 PM
Registered User
Crashed22's Avatar
One thing to note is that the kk2 is ail,ele, thro, where the orange is thro, ail, ele. That can mess it up...
Oct 08, 2012, 02:21 PM
Registered User
yeah that was the first thing i have checked
Oct 08, 2012, 02:29 PM
Registered User
helizrnew2me's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207
I've flown it at 5C and no problem other than my shivering, I hate cold but I gotta fly.
thanks

yeah my hands were cold this morning flying the f450 multiwii. it has been unaffected by cold so far .
Oct 08, 2012, 02:45 PM
Registered User
Any one can find me the old software of the kk2 board because i have discovered that it even don't work with my old transmitter and it have worked fine last week but since i upgrade the kk2 software it stop working
Oct 08, 2012, 02:52 PM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdt
Any one can find me the old software of the kk2 board because i have discovered that it even don't work with my old transmitter and it have worked fine last week but since i upgrade the kk2 software it stop working
the stock FW that came with the 2.0 was never published. the 2.0 now comes with 1.2 as stock firmware
Is this your first quadcopter? post some pic's of how you have your plugs and wires hooked up.
Oct 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdt
Any one can find me the old software of the kk2 board because i have discovered that it even don't work with my old transmitter and it have worked fine last week but since i upgrade the kk2 software it stop working
Try flashing 1.2 on your KK2 board again.

when you say it stopped working, does the board power up at all?
Oct 08, 2012, 02:56 PM
Registered User
CO2X's Avatar

Vtail


Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911
WOW! You're a fast builder. Almost complete already?
I would like to see how it performs outside in an open field.
...just really wanna see this fly....I'll try getting an open field video soon.Thanks for all your help !