The new KK2 FC, info and Q&A in first post. Read it before asking a question. - Page 296 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 27, 2012, 07:01 AM
Master of Flash
LazyZero's Avatar
You can do this as long you remove the power jumper on the usbasp.
And don't forget to remove the prop.

Best christian
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 07:05 AM
8 bit is more fun
RC911's Avatar
The USBasp seems to require an extremely stable voltage that some USB ports cannot provide. Both of my USBasp devices malfunction if plugged into the front USB ports of my stationary PC, but if they are plugged in at the rear USB ports they work just fine.
Avoid using USB cables!
Sep 27, 2012, 07:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero
You can do this as long you remove the power jumper on the usbasp.
And don't forget to remove the prop.

Best christian
Well my version is quite SMD, no jumper. But I can just remove VCC from the programming wire. Better to keep or remove GND ?
Sep 27, 2012, 07:42 AM
AVR Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB
Well my version is quite SMD, no jumper. But I can just remove VCC from the programming wire. Better to keep or remove GND ?
You need to keep GND. And, yes, just remove VCC from the programming wire.
Sep 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
Registered User
Ok just tried it, powered by ESC 1. The result is the same.

The red light flashed on the KK2 and I hear a beep. Seems to be a reset which happens, thats all.

Here is the KKFlashtool output:
Code:
Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: /opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/tmp/kk2_1V2_modS2/KK2_1V2_modS2.hex

/opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude -C /opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude.conf -p m324pa -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:/opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/tmp/kk2_1V2_modS2/KK2_1V2_modS2.hex:i 

avrdude: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1 
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         Error during writing flash.
this check.
Basically connection error. But the pinout is the same and I can flash my KK1 without any difficultties with it. Strange.
Sep 27, 2012, 08:25 AM
Live to fly... fly to Live!
Hi to all .. I don't know if mentioned before but by search I didn't find any info.. I know KK2.0 hasn't any altitude sensors... but how about a firmware with "safe landing" option when signal lost or battery low...

And by safe landing I mean a descent rate that won't fall like a brick, fast enough to come quickly down but not to produce severe damage... I saw AR DRONE 2.0 and I believe this is a superb function!


Thanks KK for your work!!!
Sep 27, 2012, 08:59 AM
Registered User
lougedo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfakian
Hi to all .. I don't know if mentioned before but by search I didn't find any info.. I know KK2.0 hasn't any altitude sensors... but how about a firmware with "safe landing" option when signal lost or battery low...

And by safe landing I mean a descent rate that won't fall like a brick, fast enough to come quickly down but not to produce severe damage... I saw AR DRONE 2.0 and I believe this is a superb function!


Thanks KK for your work!!!
And how it will know when is on the floor? this board hasnīt got any barometer or sonar to know that, thatīs what i think...
Sep 27, 2012, 09:10 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lougedo
And how it will know when is on the floor? this board hasnīt got any barometer or sonar to know that, thatīs what i think...
Correct, that function is not available without a barometer. Sonar is only really accurate up to 3 meters.
Sep 27, 2012, 09:28 AM
AVR Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by lougedo
And how it will know when is on the floor?
Could you use the z axis? Presumably, it stays at a set value when it's on the floor?
Sep 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose
Correct, that function is not available without a barometer. Sonar is only really accurate up to 3 meters.
Who cares??? Just so long as the thing does not fall like a brick out of the air.

It can continue to descend until it hits the ground, and then it can think its still descending for all I care. I think ANY kind of fail safe would be a good idea for this board.
Sep 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB
Ok just tried it, powered by ESC 1. The result is the same.

The red light flashed on the KK2 and I hear a beep. Seems to be a reset which happens, thats all.

Here is the KKFlashtool output:
Code:
Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: /opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/tmp/kk2_1V2_modS2/KK2_1V2_modS2.hex

/opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude -C /opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude.conf -p m324pa -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:/opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/tmp/kk2_1V2_modS2/KK2_1V2_modS2.hex:i 

avrdude: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1 
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         Error during writing flash.
this check.
Basically connection error. But the pinout is the same and I can flash my KK1 without any difficultties with it. Strange.
Have you try to connect usbap on a powered hub ???
Sep 27, 2012, 12:31 PM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911
The USBasp seems to require an extremely stable voltage that some USB ports cannot provide. Both of my USBasp devices malfunction if plugged into the front USB ports of my stationary PC, but if they are plugged in at the rear USB ports they work just fine.
Avoid using USB cables!
I have issue where my AVR Programmer will only work on 1 of the USB ports on my Laptop (out of 4). This might be cause of Dell and their horrible craftsmanship, since 2 of the 4 USB ports don't work whatsoever.

If I plug the programmer into 1 of my USB ports, win7 warns me the device cannot be recognized. If i use the other working USB port, it detects it just fine & I am able to flash the KK2 board.

I have yet to test it on any of my desktops...
Sep 27, 2012, 12:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB
Ok just tried it, powered by ESC 1. The result is the same.

The red light flashed on the KK2 and I hear a beep. Seems to be a reset which happens, thats all.

Here is the KKFlashtool output:
Code:
Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: /opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/tmp/kk2_1V2_modS2/KK2_1V2_modS2.hex

/opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude -C /opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/lib/avrdude/linux/avrdude.conf -p m324pa -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:/opt/kkmulticopterflashtool070b2/tmp/kk2_1V2_modS2/KK2_1V2_modS2.hex:i 

avrdude: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1 
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         Error during writing flash.
this check.
Basically connection error. But the pinout is the same and I can flash my KK1 without any difficultties with it. Strange.
Have you try to connect usbap on a powered hub ???
You can also try KKmulticopter Flash Tool V0.63 , V070 is béta one
Sep 27, 2012, 12:48 PM
Registered User
Acit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x
This is your first quad. If so please be carful they are a lot of fun but they can hurt you to.
Thanks for the advise. Yeah, while trying to make it fly for the 1st time, 2 propellers broke. It crashed on the windows. Now it still grounded waiting for new props.
Sep 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x
This is my DJI 450 with emp 750 kv motors hobbywing 40 amp Esc's and the kk2.0

http://youtu.be/InBGKDcJ8Q4
is your battery a 4S?