Sep 23, 2012, 04:42 PM
I am using the KK2 with FW v1.2 and I noticed that I can 'reset' the board to work properly with self leveling after it seems to have been 'stuck' by simply resetting the Acc Trim up one like 0,0 to 1,1 or back from 1,1 to 0,0 whenever self leveling experiences the stuck angle issue. It seems like the software is not reading the hardware positions or does not clear the last position properly. Some tweek is needed in the software.

That said, I still think the KK2 is a great value flight controller and it's conception, coding and hardware provide a lot of low cost fun.

Usil
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokizo
i didnt try to add expo on rudder

i noticed if i make slow pirouette quad does NOT go up but if i wanna make fast pirouette quad goes UP,
like i said before same experience with two different kk2 boards
Sounds reasonable to me, there is nothing to detect the vertical motion, the gyros won't see it, and the accelerometer doesn't user the vertical axis.

It's not a heli with a tail rotor, the yaw for a pirouette comes from the vertical thrust motors.

Some flight controllers have a special UFO mode for fast pirouettes.
Sep 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
ntc
ntc

Camera Gimbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
Q: Is it possible to write FW on this controller to use as standalone Camera gimbal like the multiwii?
A: Yes, I will write a camera gimbal FW for it.
does anyone know when this will be available?, also couldn't this be done with the standard quadcopter layout. ie not as a standalone camera gimbal but with the already existing xcopter layout as there are quite a few ports left empty when using a quad layout which could be used for the camera gimbal....or is this too dificult to integrate together.
Keep up the great work KK!
Sep 23, 2012, 08:27 PM
Dixie Normious
Well just ordered another KK2 well keep it stock!!
Sep 23, 2012, 08:43 PM
Custom quad builder
kapteinkuk has not been in this thread for quite a while now
Sep 23, 2012, 09:03 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
I run a KK2 on the turnigy talon tricopter, NTM2826 1000kv on 3S with Hobbyking F30a escs with simonk firmware flashed.
After several packs through the frame, every time I punch the throttle, the tail drops down, effectively throwing the tri in reverse. The pitch response is good, normal, similar to my rcexplorer tri. I have p gains at 115 with I gains at 65-70. Yaw P is at 60 with yaw I gain at 45.
Could this be a ESC calibration issue? I did the 1 & 4 buttons with trans at full throttle but with simonk firmware, I'm unsure that they calibrate properly.
Perhaps I have a damaged tail motor or lower efficiency.
For the rest it flies great.
Thanks for any input.
H
Sep 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
Custom quad builder
Forgive me for asking but did you put the throttle to low. I use flashed Esc's and they beep when in hi and low throttle when I calibrate
Sep 23, 2012, 09:20 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x
Forgive me for asking but did you put the throttle to low. I use flashed Esc's and they beep when in hi and low throttle when I calibrate
Hi, Tech69x,
Trans on, throttle to full, then plug in kk2, quickly hit 1&4 buttons, screen shows in calibration, then lower the throttle to zero.
I hear the 3 initialization sounds but not the hi or low beep.
I suspect that might be an issue, that's why I'm asking.

Can you walk me through you process and the approximate time between the different beeps? I had calibrated each one individually when I flashed them. Flew great on the hexa, but now I get the tail dropping when I punch the throttle at level hover.
Thanks,
H
Sep 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
Custom quad builder
When I calibrate I do the battery do the buttons throttle high Esc,s beep throttle low beep done but it sounds like to me you may have a motor going bad. After flying check and see if it is hotter than the rest or take one off the front and swap it with the one on the back. Good luck and

Happy flying
Sep 24, 2012, 12:15 AM

gyro compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjante
maybe this will help you?

Q: How to reverse the yaw gyro for a tricopter?
A: Go to the "Mixer Editor" and change the channel (number to the upper right) to 4 where the yaw servo is connected. Then change the "rudder" mix value to -100.
This one really helps ! Thank you...my Tri has been flying now. I was using the Emax servo on it and when I set it to -100 the Tri flys ....decided to use a bigger servo on it and I have to set it back to +100 again but now I know that not all servos are plug n play for a tri tail .
Sep 24, 2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
previous quote....
when i move rudder stick left or right my quad goes left or right BUT ALSO GOES UP i can not make pirouette without quad goes 1-2M UP

i write problem here before one month and answer is been mostly maybe its defective board

i got it another one and still i have same situation so what i can do

my setting is

roll/pitch P 55 I 45
yaw P 40 I 40

firmware is 1.2

Tighten the tension on your throttle stick. Sounds like when you use rudder, you are also pushing up on the throttle a little.

from my reading as a newbee and not much flying experience could another reason be that to yaw or spin the model some of the motors have to speed up or slow down..so that the torque rotates the model... and surely any changes in motor speed will also result in some slight change in lift.
or is my understanding of that incorrect as well..
What ever is the reason, the answer will be in the constant use of the throttle to control the height, just like when you tilt to go forward, you need more throttle to maintain height, as some of the previous lift is now pushing the model forward..
That is one thing I am learning, these things fly on throttle, being a plane pilot I tend to chop the throttle when I get in a poor situation... but doing that only makes my quad crash...and thats not so good...
Lower your P gain and I gain on Yaw axis. Good P gain on yaw axis is when quad doesn't goes up or down when yawing.
Sep 24, 2012, 05:06 AM
With the KK2 board can i replace the motor output with servos so as to control variable pitch props on a petrol powered Tricoptor that i am planing
Sep 24, 2012, 06:05 AM
Ikaruswannab
Quote:
Originally Posted by russram
with the kk2 board can i replace the motor output with servos so as to control variable pitch props on a petrol powered tricoptor that i am planing
wt.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Sep 24, 2012, 07:31 AM
Good work, having just built my first Quad and only so far had a 5 minute test flight i'll now be tuning it, so i'm still learning and threads like these are a huge help.
Sep 24, 2012, 07:50 AM
Lover of scale R/C
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me, I just took delivery of one of these boards from HK, I have connected it up to my tricopter. did a receiver test, all signals ok, except aileron, says no signal. Have tried 2 different TX's, one on 35 Mhz, and another TX/RX Spectrum 7, both reading 'no ail signal' Am not sure how to resolve this, any ideas/advice please?

Also, when arming, zero throttle and right rudder...Do I need to hold right rudder whilst connecting the lipo pack?
Sorry if my Q's seem dumb, but am new to this KK board/ tricopter scenario.

I look forward to some suggestions.

Matt

Quick Reply