Aug 17, 2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelea2 View Post
That is a weird choice for an assembler only program. If the author is serious about open source I think he should make it assemble under avr-as which is also the official avr8-gnu-toolchain compiler from Atmel (I think changing .def. and .equ with #defines is enough) . AVR Studio has the drawback of running under windows only and being a huge IDE clearly not needed just for assembler. If he must use and IDE then CrossWorks/AVR-2.0 runs on multiple platforms and is also avr-gcc based. Running AVR Studio in linux can be done in wine but it's a PITA.
I use Xcode on the Mac with an AVR toolchain for Atmega. It's quite powerful. I like Arduino with C for quick Atmega projects, or MPIDE and MAPLE for PIC32 and STM32. I agree, AVRstudio is a pain as it's windows only, so I have to run under Virtualbox,

But ultimately it boils down to what you are use to and like using. There are no rules for open source tool choices.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroR View Post
Hi,
I just flashed KK2 with the new 1.2 version and noticed that the ESC calibration menu is missing.
How do you calibrate new ESCs?
My quad is twitching a lot after the flash.Thought to put new ESCs and see if it makes any difference but cannot find the ESC calibration option on the board.
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
AeroR
ESC calibration procedure has not changed.

Basically remove props or disconnect motors for safety.
Turn on transmitter and set throttle to max throttle position
Hold down buttons 1 and 4 on the kk2 (do not let go of these for the entire procedure)
Connect battery to quad
Screen will show ESC Calibration
Wait until you hear the ESC throttle calibration beeps (RCTimer esc will be 2 beeps)
Lower throttle to min position (esc will beep again)
You can now let go of buttons 1 and 4 on the kk2
Check throttle range in receiver test menu
Aug 17, 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Hi,
I just flashed KK2 with the new 1.2 version and noticed that the ESC calibration menu is missing.
My quad is twitching a lot after the flash.Thought to put new ESCs and see if it makes any difference but cannot find the ESC calibration option on the board.
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
AeroR
Also, make sure you re-load the layout for whatever multirotor configuration you're using before attempting to fly.
Aug 17, 2012, 09:46 PM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstoutr View Post
I have been flying my KK2.0 for about two weeks now and really like it. Is there any way to interface a gps to this unit
Nope.
Quote:
and is there a way to upload the newest firmware to the unit?
There must be several posts about this on ths page alone, let alone the whole thread. But, sure, buy a $5 USBavr programmer from HobbyKing and use LazyZero's flashtool to program from your PC. Google for full details of both.
Aug 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
I've had a v2 sitting in a box for to long, so got it out and gave it a try this morning and this is the result with flashed ESC

Hobbyking KK v2.0 LCD - fpv shake down flight +SimonK flashed ESC (Quadcopter) (3 min 42 sec)
Aug 17, 2012, 10:31 PM
Your's and thefokker1's videos are awsome! Keep em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceflyer nz View Post
I've had a v2 sitting in a box for to long, so got it out and gave it a try this morning and this is the result with flashed ESC

http://youtu.be/pXQ5Z0huFow
Aug 18, 2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
i flashed V1.2 and my tail servo jitters.
What can i do ?
servo is Turnigy 380 max digital. used to work fine with older HK KK board.
Did you re-assign Tricopter layout and ensure LPF is at 50.

I am still using original software with my Tricopter as never had jitters, using Tower Pro MG16R Digital servo.

What radio are you using as I saw mention in the Tri servo jitter thread of jitters with certain radios.
Aug 18, 2012, 05:11 AM
RC pilot by soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Did you re-assign Tricopter layout and ensure LPF is at 50.

I am still using original software with my Tricopter as never had jitters, using Tower Pro MG16R Digital servo.

What radio are you using as I saw mention in the Tri servo jitter thread of jitters with certain radios.
so i found the rear motor prop was causing some vibrations. changed it and its much better as far as jitters.

i noticed "servo filter" is at 0 default.. shall i change it to 50 ?

radio is Turnigy 9X with RL UHF system.
Aug 18, 2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:

What's your setup? That is super smooth video.
I've tried some video on my quad and i get vibration lines through the video.
I might need to investigate some form of dampening for the HK wingcam.
Aug 18, 2012, 05:36 AM

FW V1.2 vs the "original" FW

Hi Guys,

I am using my Octocopter with the KK 2.0 FC only for videoing with my GoPro Hero2.

With the "original" firmware it flew very very stable (self level=on).
Also after flying very high and let the platform come down, it always came down very very stable. So I always ended up with very stable footage from my GoPro.

But now, after flashing V1.2, stability is a nighmare and I do not know how to adjust the parameters to get back my stable platform which I had before.
1. Anyone has suggestions in which direction I should go with the parameters?
2. Anyone knows how to go back to the "original" firmware? KapteinKuk?

I very much appreciate any help...
Aug 18, 2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laasmooi View Post
Hi Guys,

I am using my Octocopter with the KK 2.0 FC only for videoing with my GoPro Hero2.

With the "original" firmware it flew very very stable (self level=on).
Also after flying very high and let the platform come down, it always came down very very stable. So I always ended up with very stable footage from my GoPro.

But now, after flashing V1.2, stability is a nighmare and I do not know how to adjust the parameters to get back my stable platform which I had before.
1. Anyone has suggestions in which direction I should go with the parameters?
2. Anyone knows how to go back to the "original" firmware? KapteinKuk?

I very much appreciate any help...
You can't go back to the original firmware, it was never release to the public, it only came pre-installed on the board. You will have to tune your setting from scratch.
Aug 18, 2012, 06:13 AM
RC pilot by soul
Ok guys so with a good prop on the tail the servo jitters have officially stopped. i guess it was a vibration problem.

im still getting an occasional "wobble" on the roll axis though, as can be seen in this video:
Tricopter with KK2.0 board #1 (0 min 35 sec)

Maybe another one of these Gemfan props (the left one is like the one on the tail) is out of balance or something... i can feel a very slight vibration on the left lag.

could this be it ?
Aug 18, 2012, 07:44 AM
Heli and E-Plane
Quote:

Very nice video Aceflyer!

What is your FPV set up and what quad are you using?

Thanks for sharing.
Aug 18, 2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Hi,
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
AeroR
Seen this twitching on my quad also after the flashing to v1.2. No matter what gain and limits I've changed there is no improvement...until I finally gave up in changing more parameters and did a factory reset and reload the motor-layout (Quad-x).
>>>>>>> Result: .... a miracle cure!!!.... the quad starts to fly so smooth even with all the default gains and limits!!!
Aug 18, 2012, 10:56 AM

Static Electricty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tien8tien View Post
Seen this twitching on my quad also after the flashing to v1.2. No matter what gain and limits I've changed there is no improvement...until I finally gave up in changing more parameters and did a factory reset and reload the motor-layout (Quad-x).
>>>>>>> Result: .... a miracle cure!!!.... the quad starts to fly so smooth even with all the default gains and limits!!!
This is just a thought. Some (most) people have some static electricty in their body. When touching the board, it discharges into the circuits, causing them to change the programs a little. So when you re-load the defaults, it makes everything ok again. What do you think.?

Just a thought.
st99

Quick Reply