Feb 20, 2014, 08:09 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
are you guys talking about the 2.0 or 2.1 with the C5 & C6 missing?

what problems or symptoms would occur from that?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2014, 10:50 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays
Of course it might work, but stray capacitance, poor PCB layout and dumb luck are no substitutes for Engineering.
Yes there is, it's called Honky-King!
Feb 21, 2014, 12:16 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca
are you guys talking about the 2.0 or 2.1 with the C5 & C6 missing?

what problems or symptoms would occur from that?
Theoretically, it might not start oscillating, or it might stop oscillating if it did. Both of those don't appear to have actually happened, but that's not the point. Say "No" to cowboy engineering.
Feb 21, 2014, 01:01 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
well then there just working on if its not broke don't fix it attitude then?

say like how many thousands of boards did they sell?
Feb 21, 2014, 01:37 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca
well then there just working on if its not broke don't fix it attitude then?
say like how many thousands of boards did they sell?
Well unless they fixed their own V1.6 firmware that had two outputs disabled (meaning octocopters were not able to be used) then they don't even care enough to fix their own broken product. I guess they figured no-one would notice.
Feb 21, 2014, 01:52 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
yah right, like they care, we have proven to them we will buy it before firmware is even posted

so I think they have that mentality if we build it they will come attitude
Feb 21, 2014, 10:15 AM
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
+1... looks like HK "discovered" Fiji Post (which I'm sure allows them to spend less on shipping, even if they charge you full price for shipping), and we are all paying a price.

My "shipment" was supposed to be shipped originally before Christmas, couldn't get tracking to work, tried contacting the useless HK chat (that always reassured me it was all ok and to wait for the transit time), finally a month and 7 chats later they realized it didn't ship yet, we re-shipped a month ago, and lost ever since. 3-4 more chats to be told I must wait another 4-6 weeks for their "investigation" (wonder if they need CSI-like tools for that). Then I will know where my shipment is, and if still lost maybe a refund will be processed

HK is the worst thing that could have happened to the hobby: they offer incredibly low prices that drive any competition away, but do so at the cost of lowering expectations for service (to the point that someone in a forum always point out that "I placed a few orders and it all was ok", as if shipping 80% of the times is an acceptable performance). Amazon drove prices down improving service. HK is driving prices down by driving customer service (and business ethics) down
I've also had tens of orders delivered ok to me, and a few unlucky cases. I handle the bad cases politelly and in the end I always get money or product. If all else fails PayPal protection's got you covered.

I agree that HKs ethics are non existent. They remind me Ryanair. Unfortunately both companies are essential to me due to budget, so I have to keep using them. If you are careful enough you're gonna have good savings.
Feb 21, 2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8
I've also had tens of orders delivered ok to me, and a few unlucky cases. I handle the bad cases politelly and in the end I always get money or product. If all else fails PayPal protection's got you covered.
Unless you listen to HK. Their strategy is to have you wait long enough for PP protection to expire. You only have 45 days, and if there is a problem HK's standard procedure is to "assure you" that everything is ok. In most cases, they don't even start investigating a problem until after "transit time" has expired, conveniently set at 40 days (and, given when they usually ship, at that point you are outside the 45 days PP window)

So, don't be stupid like me, file a PP dispute before the 45 days are out

My main gripe with HK is that it's damaging the Asian companies who sell directly (at the same prices or better than HK), and that try to offer better customer service. They are slowly training the hobbyist that lack of ethics and poor service are a precondition for low prices.

You can get better service from eBay sellers, AliExpress, Bangood, etc. The prices in the hobby have gone down due to the lowering of all costs for all consumer electronics. While HK might have had an influence on lowering some prices, their negative influence is damaging the hobby now more than helping

Try shopping around, you will find that outside of some items that only HK sells, you can find the same prices from better companies. If we all lower our expectations that "low cost = bad service", companies like HK win.

As a side note, finally RyanAir is getting hit by years of treating customers poorly, and other budget airlines with better service are stealing their customers

Waiting for the same to happen to HK
Feb 21, 2014, 11:20 AM
I ordered a Kk2.1 on December 16 from Hobbyking,before the PP 45 days was up I filed a claim,at 60 days Pp refunded my money.I guess I won't be going with these fc.
Feb 21, 2014, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
Unless you listen to HK. Their strategy is to have you wait long enough for PP protection to expire. You only have 45 days, and if there is a problem HK's standard procedure is to "assure you" that everything is ok. In most cases, they don't even start investigating a problem until after "transit time" has expired, conveniently set at 40 days (and, given when they usually ship, at that point you are outside the 45 days PP window)

So, don't be stupid like me, file a PP dispute before the 45 days are out

My main gripe with HK is that it's damaging the Asian companies who sell directly (at the same prices or better than HK), and that try to offer better customer service. They are slowly training the hobbyist that lack of ethics and poor service are a precondition for low prices.

You can get better service from eBay sellers, AliExpress, Bangood, etc. The prices in the hobby have gone down due to the lowering of all costs for all consumer electronics. While HK might have had an influence on lowering some prices, their negative influence is damaging the hobby now more than helping

Try shopping around, you will find that outside of some items that only HK sells, you can find the same prices from better companies. If we all lower our expectations that "low cost = bad service", companies like HK win.

As a side note, finally RyanAir is getting hit by years of treating customers poorly, and other budget airlines with better service are stealing their customers

Waiting for the same to happen to HK

Excellent post. + 1. Could not have said it better.

Best,
Chris
Feb 21, 2014, 02:05 PM
When i look to my order # at HK i see, they have about 5000 orders in 7 days with 1 weekend in between. I think their numbers are consecutively. So they have ~1000 orders a day. Are they really in need to the customers? They surely say no.

On the other hand i opened a request on Jan. 23 with the # 1003368 and another one on Jan 25 with # 1009329. Within these 3 days 6000 requests/complains, 2000 a day. What shall i think about this? If 90% are normal questions and 10% complains then 20% of the orders are complains.

People are not that contented. Perhaps HK should calculate the same way and think it over.
Feb 22, 2014, 12:39 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
you guys see this RTF package?

$189.99 RTF pretuned and assembled
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_to_Fly_.html

HobbyKing Daily - Turnigy SK 450 Quadcopter (4 min 31 sec)

Features:
• Special edition SK450 frame
• Multistar power system
• KK2.0 flight controller
• Turnigy 5ch FHSS 2.4GHz radio system
• Dual rates and auto level modes
• Includes transporting box with foam inserts
• 2 sets of props
• Pre-assembled and tuned

Specs:
Frame: SK450
Wheelbase or motor to motor diagonal: 450mm
Weight: 680g without battery
Motors: Multistar 2213 935kv
ESC: Multistar 20A
Propellers: 0845~1045 2xCW 2xCCW
Flight controller: KK2.0
Radio: Turnigy 5ch FHSS 2.4GHz

Included:
1 x SK450 ready to fly quad copter
1 x Turnigy 5 channel FHSS 2.4Ghz Radio (mode 2, left hand throttle)
4 x 0845 inch propellers 2xCW 2xCCW
4 x 1045 inch propellers 2xCW 2xCCW
Velcro Straps and spare hardware
Integrated box case with foam inserts

Required:
4 x AA batteries (for transmitter)
1 x 2200mAh 3S 11.1V lipoly Battery and charger

you cant build one for that, Usually most esc's and motors and an FC add up to more
btw check out his T-Shirt
Last edited by irun4fundotca; Feb 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM.
Feb 22, 2014, 01:26 AM
Don't look at that 450 frame for too long at once or it will break. LOL

What junk...

Best,
Chris
Feb 22, 2014, 01:56 AM
oh I don't know. I have it (albeit converted to deadcat) and it's fine. the arms are a little flexible but I find that helps it to bounce on hard landings / crashes. i've only ever had to replace one arm (although it's rare I crash these days).
Feb 22, 2014, 04:29 AM
Nah... They break on EVERY crash. Hard landings aside. Plus, did you see the power train they got on this? 20 amps on a 450. Motors are 58 grams with, I'm guessing, about 350 grams of thrust with 8 inch props. That's a Sunday flyer, alright. This thing is a hairdryer at best.

To each his own.

Best,
Chris

Quick Reply