Thread Tools
Aug 08, 2012, 01:13 PM
Team Armattan
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutek View Post
I updated my kk2 with kkmulticopterflashtool_0.63beta12 ( it has KK2)
It worked like a charme.
Thank you, Sir. I was running an older version of the KK flashtool, hence why it wouldn't flash. I used the version you mentioned and it worked a charm for me, too.

Awesome update, if you ask me. Very nice improvements. Well done, KK.

Best,
Chris
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
SDSURFnGLIDE's Avatar

Did i miss something??


I havent been on this thread in a bit....just came on and from what i saw, it looks like there is an update for this board already? Is this correct or am i reading this wrong?

thanks
Aug 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
Registered User
knutek's Avatar
I have been Alpha testing the OpenAero for KK2 and had some problems flashing that board with KK2. The screen vent blank. I solved it with factory reset: Power up - button 4 - button 3 (13 times) - button 4 (2 times). It then came back... maybe something to do with eeprom?
Aug 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
I havent been on this thread in a bit....just came on and from what i saw, it looks like there is an update for this board already? Is this correct or am i reading this wrong?

thanks
post 2078 read carefully.
Aug 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
Registered User
David Jenkins's Avatar
Can someone remind me how I can enable the USB for the programmer on Ubuntu Linux?

I had the instructions somewhere - but I've lost them.
Aug 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
SDSURFnGLIDE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
post 2078 read carefully.
Thank you!! i just found it...was about to post a "Nevermind, I found it" thread...but thanks!!
Aug 08, 2012, 01:48 PM
Registered User

Quick and dirty guide to flashing the KK2 board


Ok, here is a quick and dirty guide on how to flash the KK2 board using LazyZero's Flashtool. It's just the very basics on where to get the tool, the latest firmware and how to use the tool.

Please note that I do not have the KK2 board with me at this time so i could not include directions on how to connect it to your pc via a USB programmer or show the actual status messages when flashed.

If I get a chance to flash my KK2 board tonight, I will create a detailed video and then post it on my youtube channel and then a message here with the link to the video.

For those that have already flashed it

1. Where is PIN 1 on the programming header on the KK2 board?
2. Did you power the KK2 board via your USB/ASP programmer or via an ESC/BEC connected to motor header 1?
Aug 08, 2012, 01:50 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
SDSURFnGLIDE's Avatar
@rcjose....

Thank you for that!! i have never flashed a kk board before so this will be very helpful...thankfully i was smart enough to purchase the correct tools to do so when the time comes...gonna try this tonight.
Aug 08, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
Thank you kapteinkuk, my tail servo vibration is gone!
Aug 08, 2012, 01:55 PM
Registered User
knutek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
For those that have already flashed it

1. Where is PIN 1 on the programming header on the KK2 board?
2. Did you power the KK2 board via your USB/ASP programmer or via an ESC/BEC connected to motor header 1?
On my programmer pin 1 is the one closest to button 1 on my KK1. It lights up when correct. I did not have to use a ESC/BEC. It gets power from my programmer.
Aug 08, 2012, 01:56 PM
Team Armattan
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Ok, here is a quick and dirty guide on how to flash the KK2 board using LazyZero's Flashtool. It's just the very basics on where to get the tool, the latest firmware and how to use the tool.

Please note that I do not have the KK2 board with me at this time so i could not include directions on how to connect it to your pc via a USB programmer or show the actual status messages when flashed.

If I get a chance to flash my KK2 board tonight, I will create a detailed video and then post it on my youtube channel and then a message here with the link to the video.

For those that have already flashed it

1. Where is PIN 1 on the programming header on the KK2 board?
2. Did you power the KK2 board via your USB/ASP programmer or via an ESC/BEC connected to motor header 1?
1- You'll know you have it right when the LCD display, not only the LCD light is ON.
2- I had to disconnect M1 ESC for this to work. Board was powered only by the USB programmer. With M1 connected but no battery connected, the LCD display would not go ON. Only the LCD backlight would go on. Seems like the ESCs were drawing too much power from the USB connection for the LCD display to startup. Not sure what's up with that.

Best,
Chris
Aug 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutek View Post
On my programmer pin 1 is the one closest to button 1 on my KK1. It lights up when correct. I did not have to use a ESC/BEC. It gets power from my programmer.
Thanks for the info
Aug 08, 2012, 02:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
1- You'll know you have it right when the LCD display, not only the LCD light is ON.
2- I had to disconnect M1 ESC for this to work. Board was powered only by the USB programmer. With M1 connected but no battery connected, the LCD display would not go ON. Only the LCD backlight would go on. Seems like the ESCs were drawing too much power from the USB connection for the LCD display to startup. Not sure what's up with that.

Best,
Chris
That makes sense as the only power available at that point would be the voltage from the USB programmer.
Aug 08, 2012, 02:14 PM
Registered User
OK ... the results of the dead KK2 board. I flashed it with the new code. No difference. I then tried the button sequences. No difference. The display lights up, all voltage regulators are OK but I have no way to check the oscillator output(no freq counter). So the end result is to reload the old code and send it back to HK. Thanks to all for the support.

George
Aug 08, 2012, 02:17 PM
Master of Flash
LazyZero's Avatar
Sorry I were 3 hours offline ;-)

But now you can flash from repository. When you click on the info button close to the flash button you get the page where rolf discribed all changes.

Best Christian