The new KK2 FC, info and Q&A in first post. Read it before asking a question. - Page 139 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Aug 08, 2012, 11:36 AM
Registered User
Don't bother trying to read code from KK2 board - HK policy is to set fuses to protect the code...

you can ofcourse try just incase they missed one
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2012, 11:36 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Truglodite's Avatar
There's lots of OT discussion about simonK. There's a better place for that here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1513678

Kev
Aug 08, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Truglodite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton
Don't bother trying to read code from KK2 board - HK policy is to set fuses to protect the code...

you can ofcourse try just incase they missed one
+1, LOL I try every one I get just in case.

Kev
Aug 08, 2012, 11:59 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26497

is this right?

what programmer do i need? is there a pinout diagram? will i really notice a difference from the plush esc's im using now?
These are the blue series, yes. Notice how they are blue, not red? These do not have the pads in a row so they are a bit harder to flash. These ones are the RED ones as per elm70 images above, and they have the pads in a row so much easier to flash. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

The 30 amps are backordered now but the 20 amps are in stock.

Not sure if they will be better than your Plush ESCs. Perhaps it won't be really noticeable. I really don't know, I never used Plush and I never used Simonk ESCs, either.

About 5 pages back or so, tech69 posted a video tutorial for flashing the above ESCs. It works. I followed the instructions and I managed to flash 4 ESCs tonight quite easily. I have not tried them yet, though.

Best,
Chris
Aug 08, 2012, 12:02 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays
Great, I have all the tools but I've never actually tried to reflash ESCs... I'll take note of what you do...

Well, Sir, just follow the video posted by tech69 earlier and all should be fine. Easy peasy. I'll be installing them tomorrow for a test flight. I will report back on how they compare with my Skywalker non flashed ESCs.

Oh, and thanks to Tech69 for all the help.

Best,
Chris
Aug 08, 2012, 12:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton
Don't bother trying to read code from KK2 board - HK policy is to set fuses to protect the code...

you can ofcourse try just incase they missed one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite
+1, LOL I try every one I get just in case.

Kev
I attempted to read the code using the eePe programmer for my transmitter, Turnigy9x/er9x. After setting the MCU to mcu328P and then adding the argument -F I was able to create a hex file. Either this was not a viable read operation or the file looks as if not much code resides on th board. I apologize if I'm way off base but my knowledge of programming and available resources is fairly limited.
Last edited by gkovachi; Aug 08, 2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: missing content
Aug 08, 2012, 12:04 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70


You speak about this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

I order some few weeks ago, and I have some from over 1 years ago ... all are same with the 6 pin in the row ... the 20A is same as 30A ... just use different FET

This is a photo from the 30A, that is exactly as all my 20A :


Tchuss

e_lm_70

Are you color blind? LOL Thems are RED, dude.

Chris
Aug 08, 2012, 12:08 PM
Quad Whisperer
New FW for the KK2.

CHANGES:

1: Removed: LCD contrast adjustment: Not necessary.

2: Removed: "I of PI" on/off mode: No practical use found.

3: Removed: I part of self-level: Does not work with slow reacting ACC.

4: Changed: default gains to 50/50/50 (roll/pitch/yaw) P-term, and 25, 25, 50 I-term.

5: Added: beep (short beep, 2 sec delay) when armed and throttle closed, for extra safety. Makes the KK2 a bit more noisy when armed so the user does not forget it is armed.

6: Added: longer arm/disarm beep.

7: Added: ACC trim. Use it to adjust self-level attitude, no need to recalibrate sensors. Adjust in "Self-level Settings" menu.

8: Added: factory reset.

9: Added: status messages on the "SAFE" screen. The KK2 will not arm unless it says "OK.". Error messages can only be reset by cycling the power, except for the "sensors not calibrated" message, which is reset after a successful sensor calibration. Error messages include lost RX connection.

10: Bug fix: wrong offset in flying wing mix table.

11: Changed: doubled self-level stick response. Let you have more control in self-level mode.

12: Added: CPPM (sum PPM) mode. Turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu. Also the assignments of the CPPM channels can be changed in "CPPM Settings".

13: Added: Y4 and V-tail layout.

14: Added: shows battery voltage on the "SAFE" screen.

15: Added: lost aircraft alarm. Starts to beep (1 sec on and 4 sec off) after 30min of no activity (arm/disarm).

16: Added: LP filter on servo outputs. Adjust in "Misc. Settings". A good start value is 50.

17: Added: auto-disarm. The KK2 will disarm itself after 20 sec if throttle is at idle. For extra safety. Can be turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu.

Download it below. You only need the "kk2.hex" file. The source is also included, with a license.

REMOVE PROPELLERS BEFORE FLASHING!!!11one0x31

(At least throw a blanket over the propellers if you are to lazy. )

Also check for correct operation before mounting the propellers.

Note that all settings is returned to default.

Have fun!
Aug 08, 2012, 12:09 PM
Registered User
sorry for the miscue. I'm about as well versed in posting as I am in understanding how to read code. I used the programming software I had available for flashing my Turnigy/er9x transmitter which provides for a "read" function. I set the mcu for m328p and the argument -F. It appeared to read and I received a hex file which I can't decipher except for a bunch of F's. Next I'll try to figure out how to post this file ... it may mean something to someone.
Aug 08, 2012, 12:15 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
New FW for the KK2.

CHANGES:

1: Removed: LCD contrast adjustment: Not necessary.

2: Removed: "I of PI" on/off mode: No practical use found.

3: Removed: I part of self-level: Does not work with slow reacting ACC.

4: Changed: default gains to 50/50/50 (roll/pitch/yaw) P-term, and 25, 25, 50 I-term.

5: Added: beep (short beep, 2 sec delay) when armed and throttle closed, for extra safety. Makes the KK2 a bit more noisy when armed so the user does not forget it is armed.

6: Added: longer arm/disarm beep.

7: Added: ACC trim. Use it to adjust self-level attitude, no need to recalibrate sensors. Adjust in "Self-level Settings" menu.

8: Added: factory reset.

9: Added: status messages on the "SAFE" screen. The KK2 will not arm unless it says "OK.". Error messages can only be reset by cycling the power, except for the "sensors not calibrated" message, which is reset after a successful sensor calibration. Error messages include lost RX connection.

10: Bug fix: wrong offset in flying wing mix table.

11: Changed: doubled self-level stick response. Let you have more control in self-level mode.

12: Added: CPPM (sum PPM) mode. Turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu. Also the assignments of the CPPM channels can be changed in "CPPM Settings".

13: Added: Y4 and V-tail layout.

14: Added: shows battery voltage on the "SAFE" screen.

15: Added: lost aircraft alarm. Starts to beep (1 sec on and 4 sec off) after 30min of no activity (arm/disarm).

16: Added: LP filter on servo outputs. Adjust in "Misc. Settings". A good start value is 50.

17: Added: auto-disarm. The KK2 will disarm itself after 20 sec if throttle is at idle. For extra safety. Can be turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu.

Download it below. You only need the "kk2.hex" file. The source is also included, with a license.

REMOVE PROPELLERS BEFORE FLASHING!!!11one0x31

(At least throw a blanket over the propellers if you are to lazy. )

Also check for correct operation before mounting the propellers.

Note that all settings is returned to default.

Have fun!
Woah!!!! NIIIIICE!!!!

Awesome work. 3rd one arrived today, fourth one on the way.

Thank you, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Aug 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
bobepine's Avatar
I just tried flashing KK2.hex with avrude but it did not work. It's getting the wrong signature and there's an error setting fuses. Is the KK flashtool not ready yet for this update?

Thanks,
Chris
Aug 08, 2012, 12:37 PM
Who put that tree there?!?!
jabu32's Avatar
Great.
Aug 08, 2012, 12:41 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Any changes to the self-leveling algorithms other than the stick response change?

Thanks!
Aug 08, 2012, 12:44 PM
Registered User
Thanks Rolf aka kapteinkuk a gold star hangs over the Gates for your effort!
Aug 08, 2012, 01:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
New FW for the KK2...
Thank you very much for all the great changes and hard work Kaptein!!!