Sep 26, 2013, 02:47 PM
Sabre holic
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90
New lighter frame, KK2 on 1.6++ rev1

These 6A Plush ESC's are running on BLHeli 10.4 Multi

Video taken this morning, more fine tuning still to be done.

http://youtu.be/nR-3czJJN3k
Dam if that isn't the cutest thing on four feet, ER, motors.
What may I ask are your settings on the kk2 .
Tia,
G.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2013, 04:14 PM
8 bit is more fun

KK2.0 v1.6++ CPPM Revision 2

I just updated my CPPM firmware with many new features and other improvements. You'll find it here and information about what has changed here.

The ESC throttle calibration routine has been improved and can no longer be trigged accidentally by a damaged button.
The other firmware versions will be updated to use this new routine as well, but it may take a few weeks.
Sep 26, 2013, 04:39 PM
Lets break some props :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordosoar
Dam if that isn't the cutest thing on four feet, ER, motors.
What may I ask are your settings on the kk2 .
Tia,
G.
thanks G

-The settings are pretty much as the FW version comes with, just fine tuned a bit P-I gains for roll-pitch, left yaw alone as it was fine.

-Stick scaling at 35 roll-pitch fro normal flying, (I go up 80 if I wish to do flips etc).
- Yaw and throttle as default. -
-Also a bit of expo on the TX for roll-pitch to suit taste

I'm flying on SL most of the time in these videos,

I use throttle and rudder a lot to fly the thing around, it really is a hoot

see my blog for more details and plans for the frame, which fit nicely on a A4 piece of paper.

Page # 10 onwards for the plans etc
Sep 26, 2013, 05:17 PM
Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by teccer1234
I've 3 1020mm tricopters all basically the same build but for the last 3 days on my favorite tri I've noticed the ru is oscillating only when in a hover, foward/back sideways ok, strange as it's been flying perfectly for the last 3 months, I was about to replace the servo but read a few post back about raising/lowering gains, that's it I thought !! so went to Mix ED No 4 ch and raised it from -70 to -50, it made a bit of difference so raised it a bit more now to -34, perfect again,
why it had changed I don't know, the only thing I've done a few days ago was to lubricate the bearings.

but all sorted now

info in case anybody gets the same problem
ray
f I am reading you correctly ... changing the numbers in the mixing editor for ch4 in a tricopter is not tuning the gains .. it is effectively limiting the servo travel.
You need to be looking at PI editor: Yaw: P gain and I gain.
Do check in mixing editor for ch4 that it is set for servo.
If you are getting oscillation from your yaw servo thrashing around?? ... limiting it's travel may well help.
If the problem has just appeared it is possibly more related to a damaged yaw servo or vibrations from a damaged or out of balance propeller etc
Sep 26, 2013, 06:23 PM
Sabre holic
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90
thanks G

-The settings are pretty much as the FW version comes with, just fine tuned a bit P-I gains for roll-pitch, left yaw alone as it was fine.

-Stick scaling at 35 roll-pitch fro normal flying, (I go up 80 if I wish to do flips etc).
- Yaw and throttle as default. -
-Also a bit of expo on the TX for roll-pitch to suit taste

I'm flying on SL most of the time in these videos,

I use throttle and rudder a lot to fly the thing around, it really is a hoot

see my blog for more details and plans for the frame, which fit nicely on a A4 piece of paper.

Page # 10 onwards for the plans etc
Thanks for the info. And that really is a nice little quad. I'm starting to build mine smaller now. What I first started a few month ago, I was building 30" frames. And it was of to learn on, but now they are too big and sluggish.
Sep 26, 2013, 06:31 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave
Afros are supposed to be the ultimate multicopter ESC, with factory-installed SimonK firmware. Why would they need to be reprogrammed?
Personally I would not say ultimate, they do no better than a F30a flashed and they cost 50% more.

UltraESC "might" be the ultimate esc's for multirotors.
Sep 26, 2013, 06:38 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx
Speaking of fine print, HK is about 14/15 bucks to ship just the four 800kv motors. I guess I'll have to see what else I need before I buy anything...I better pay my other bills before I buy anything.
If your lucky, they have the motor in the USA, and shipping is ~$8, and to LA in 4 days if you order in the morning (most of the time)
Sep 26, 2013, 06:54 PM
efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Unfortunately, they don't have much of anything in the US warehouse so we have to do the slow boat which is also the reason I don't order much anymore. I like to get a setup I like so I don't have to keep changing and buying things. I just finished flashing my kk2 to the kaptain 1.6 and all went smoothly once I got my windows 7 programs updated and driver installed. I forgot how to update this thing since I don't do it that often. I just had to fix my trims a bit on the receiver as they were a bit off. Aileron and elevator I think it was, they weren't quite centered, but I moved them and now they seem fine. But l will be paying some bills at the moment before I go there. I'll let you know how they are once I buy and get them. I know they will be a bit heavier than the ones I have so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
If your lucky, they have the motor in the USA, and shipping is ~$8, and to LA in 4 days if you order in the morning (most of the time)
Sep 26, 2013, 07:05 PM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
Personally I would not say ultimate, they do no better than a F30a flashed and they cost 50% more.

UltraESC "might" be the ultimate esc's for multirotors.
Do not do better? Do tell.
Sep 26, 2013, 07:48 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Hi all,

Never flew a quad or multirotor before, but just wanted to give it a try and not spend a fortune. So I ordered this:

Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board----------------1
D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100kv----------------------------------4
Hobbyking X525 V3 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame 600mm--------1
Hobby King Quadcopter Power Distribution Board---------------------1
Hobby King 20A ESC 3A UBEC--------------------------------------------4
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Black)---1
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Blue)----1

Total just a little bit over a 100 USD. Took me 2 days to put it all together and add video gear I still had lying around. I read all the information on page 1 and looked at the video's. Great stuff. As a result, flew out of the box..... I did not have to change a thing. ESC's as they are.

Not a high performance thing, but a great platform to get experience and learn how to fly multicopter. With 3 cell 3000 mA/H I get 10 minutes flying time.
Last edited by Pattaya01; Sep 26, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
Sep 26, 2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx
Speaking of fine print, HK is about 14/15 bucks to ship just the four 800kv motors. I guess I'll have to see what else I need before I buy anything...I better pay my other bills before I buy anything.

I believe that in just the past year I have put at least one new roof on their pagoda.
I do try to order as many things as possible to cut into that shipping fee.
It still comes out cheaper then US suppliers, sorry to say.

On the new front,,, I finally have my Tri-Copter ready for the VERY fine tuning.
In fact it flys amazingly and I may let it alone.

Then,, I installed a forward facing gimble that would not even start to correct
for leveling until I had adjusted the gains to -453 on the roll and 453 on the Pitch.
It seems to work fine but does that even seem correct?
Last edited by Stitch1615; Sep 26, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
Sep 26, 2013, 09:02 PM
efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Yes I know what you mean, that's why I try to throw in what I need when I do order, but trying to keep it to a minimum now that I got most of the hardware I think. Okay you never have everything, but just trying to get the stuff that hopefully will work for a while before I need/break it. I'm sure I helped put in the pool along with that game room with the rest of you here. lol

I have that same gimbal, just no space for it, so I'm trying to get it mounted somewhere, but I need to get my weight balanced as it gets front heavy for me. Hence the reason at looking for new motors to deal with it all. You just have to play with the settings and it's fine going negative to make it go the right way. Just take the props off, arm it and tilt the quad to see which way it's moving, if it's not correct, change the settings the other way and adjust accordingly and where you want the camera to point to. The kk2 gimbal works really good, too bad I can't use the darn thing just yet! I can't get the multiwii gimbal working so that's driving nuts. By the way if your camera has a screw hole, use it. Straps are useless in a crash. Let's just say when my quad went down and hit the ground, the camera went rolling off the quad for quite a distance. It was at night and I had some white lights on the quad which helped me find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch1615
I believe that in just the past year I have put at least one new roof on their pagoda.
I do try to order as many things as possible to cut into that shipping fee.
It still comes out cheaper then US suppliers, sorry to say.

On the new front,,, I finally have my Tri-Copter ready for the VERY fine tuning.
In fact it flys amazingly and I may let it alone.

Then,, I installed a forward facing gimble that would not even start to correct
for leveling until I had adjusted the gains to -453 on the roll and 453 on the Pitch.
It seems to work fine but does that even seem correct?
Last edited by efx; Sep 26, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
Sep 26, 2013, 09:07 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
Do not do better? Do tell.
UltraESC features are pretty cool, but for the average joe flyer, probably not worth the cost

its features for now are:
- normal input PWM (50-500Hz)
- 1kHz fast input PWM
- MK I2C (also with I2C telemetrie)
- full 11bit (~2000 steps) resolution (input and output)
- jitter free PWM reading and generating (both done with HW timer)
- active freewheeling with a very short and stable deadtime
- Lipo protection
- stall detection
- closed loop
- GUI Configurable (also with live datas)
- USB port onboard (for a GUI and software updates)

It's the only multirotor esc that I know that can not only control ramp up speed but ALSO the ramp down speed (by using brakes, this closes the loop)

more here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=ultraesc

be sure to watch the warthox videos in the first link
Sep 26, 2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01
Hi all,

Never flew a quad or multirotor before, but just wanted to give it a try and not spend a fortune. So I ordered this:

Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board----------------1
D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100kv----------------------------------4
Hobbyking X525 V3 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame 600mm--------1
Hobby King Quadcopter Power Distribution Board---------------------1
Hobby King 20A ESC 3A UBEC--------------------------------------------4
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Black)---1
8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Blue)----1

Total just a little bit over a 100 USD. Took me 2 days to put it all together and add video gear I still had lying around. I read all the information on page 1 and looked at the video's. Great stuff. As a result, flew out of the box..... I did not have to change a thing. ESC's as they are.

Not a high performance thing, but a great platform to get experience and learn how to fly multicopter. With 3 cell 3000 mA/H I get 10 minutes flying time.
I laughed a little when I saw that you had just one set of props.

I would be trying to decide whether to get some props in the mail or wait to avoid paying shipping twice, till I knew what else I wanted!
Sep 26, 2013, 09:58 PM
high.. with feet on the ground
hello guys, maybe this question is already made, but i've spent all day reading a lot of posts with no luck, here's the question,,, i'm using the KK2 since last year and flashed v1.5 and then v1.6 but i never used the SL function with the stick turning it on and off, i've always used the gear switch (aux in my 9x), now i'm trying to fpv with my t-copter and the hk mini OSD rssi modded using the D8R-XP but with this setup i just have 4 ch for my tcopter and have no spare ch. to enable my KK2 SL function, already set the KK2 self level to "stick" but it can't enabled by moving the "AIL" stick al the way left, right, up and down when arming.

-First, i move the AIL stick to the right, then i arm the KK2. try to fly and the SL off(when i disarm, the screen stills self-level OFF). i did the same on all AIL stick directions and the screen stills the same.

is there something i'm missing?... i really apreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
Rodher R.

Quick Reply