This thread is privately moderated by DaaBears, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 19, 2012, 11:16 PM
Santi
Thread OP
Discussion

Hangar update: AJ Slick on the way...

Currently hanging up in my theater:

60" Extreme Flight Edge EXP (Shipping)
60" Extreme Flight Extra EXP (Frame only)
48" Extreme Flight Edge EXP (SOLD)
42" 3DHS AJ Slick
32" Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak

I've had a bit more stick time on all three planes. The crack yak has dramatically helped my stick reaction time. I am more easily keeping control and easily reacting to sticky situations with all the low altitude practice I've been doing. It's also helpful to burn a few packs off at dusk in my backyard. The wind dies down and I get a few minutes to run outside.

The 48" Edge has been really improving my skills. I've been concentrating on harriers a lot on the sims and have been bringing this out on the Edge at the field. Was able to harrier around the runway just feet off the ground with the edge, even managed to do 3 harrier landings. They were my first harrier landings on a balsa, and this was on a paved runway so it was a bit risky for me!

The 60" has been superb, it's so smooth flying and it's really caused me to work on my straight lines and smooth transitions. It's also my go to plane for rolling harrier practice. Sim time has gotten me comfortable executing these at the field, and so far I can do it with all my planes, but this one does it the smoothest.

It's been a good few months, my flying has really progressed. I'm able to execute many maneuvers I previously could not. Now it's just a matter of practicing and making them as smooth as I can. It's also about how I plan them out and how well they flow together. Every time I fly I try to think what I would do if I was putting on a show. Tossing the plane around is fun, but making it all flow together is slick!

Update: I contemplated selling off my extreme flight fleet for a 71" AJ Slick, but after all the work I did piecing together a great setup on my extra and after reading killer review after review of the 60" Edge, I have pulled the trigger and have one on the way. I also sold my 48" Edge to another RCG user who sounds like he will be putting it to great use! I will be transferring the HS 5245's, airboss 80, and motrofly 480kv over into the edge for a superb 3d setup swinging a 16x8 xoar prop! With all the success I had with the 48" Edge, I'm sure the 60" will fit perfect in my hands!
Last edited by DaaBears; Jul 11, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply