Flying Tigers... worst air war movie ever? - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
logan5's Avatar
I'd say Midway was the worst WWII flying movie.
Jun 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
Vertical Wake
splatman's Avatar
"Midway" was pretty bad. Historically inaccurate, depicting modern US carriers as IJN carriers, etc.
Jun 23, 2012, 07:30 AM
Registered User
And my apologies to you, too BobHSG. Wine and a laptop are not always a good combination, especially after having to wait a few hours to reply thanks to a power outage.

CD
Jun 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
Registered User
Regarding "Midway", the blatant reuse of "Tora, Tora, Tora" footage got annoying, too. There's one scene that really stood out, when a Val pulled out and you could see an American battleship in the background, amidst a forest of masts.

I don't mind inaccuracies in movies made during or shortly after WWII. The Bad Guys weren't going to lend us aircraft to use in movies, so you had P-51's playing Me-109's, AT-6's, SNC's, and P-43's playing Zeros (i.e., "Air Force"). Now that computer graphics make it possible to replicate anything, there's no excuse.
Jun 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Majortomski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Now that computer graphics make it possible to replicate anything, there's no excuse.
But that still doesn't fix bad. I give you Flyboys, CG accurate WW-I planes with modern F-16 combat performance.
Jun 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski
But that still doesn't fix bad. I give you Flyboys, CG accurate WW-I planes with modern F-16 combat performance.
Whaddya talkin' about "inaccurate" ?..... why do you think the pilots back in WW-I wore scarfs and goggles ?......everytime they kicked in the afterburner they'd get covered in castor oil.


They should have a WW-II movie about German pilots starring Vin Diesel....everytime in the movie when he would climb into the cockpit you'd see kill stickers on the fuselage, and a big NOS sticker.
Jun 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
Whaddya talkin' about "inaccurate" ?..... why do you think the pilots back in WW-I wore scarfs and goggles ?......everytime they kicked in the afterburner they'd get covered in castor oil.


They should have a WW-II movie about German pilots starring Vin Diesel....everytime in the movie when he would climb into the cockpit you'd see kill stickers on the fuselage, and a big NOS sticker.
..... and painted in Go Daddy.com.
Jun 23, 2012, 09:27 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
flyinwalenda's Avatar
They would do it and the majority of movie-going people would buy it.
Jun 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
Registered User
Most of the public can't tell fact from fancy. They believe we have faster-than-light travel, that all cars blow up when they run off the road, etc.
Jun 23, 2012, 11:53 AM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Most of the public can't tell fact from fancy. They believe we have faster-than-light travel, that all cars blow up when they run off the road, etc.
....and change you can believe in.
Jun 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User
UlteriorModem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
all cars blow up when they run off the road, etc.
Yea whats up with that? Not only do they blow up they do so with great force, usually enough force to toss them into the air!

The other thing that has always bugged me is guys getting dropped with one punch and out cold for the rest of the action sequence.
Jun 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Sloping off....
leccyflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski
But that still doesn't fix bad. I give you Flyboys, CG accurate WW-I planes with modern F-16 combat performance.
Yep, and I've only seen the trailers, but that showcases all that is bad about overblown, overdone CGI.
Jun 23, 2012, 08:44 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
flyinwalenda's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem
Yea whats up with that? Not only do they blow up they do so with great force, usually enough force to toss them into the air!

The other thing that has always bugged me is guys getting dropped with one punch and out cold for the rest of the action sequence.

Only in Chuck Norris films could that be true !
Jun 24, 2012, 01:52 AM
Sloping off....
leccyflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Only in Chuck Norris films could that be true !
True.

In the LTUP alterniverse that one punch is more likely to be fatal.
Jun 24, 2012, 01:58 AM
sensitive artsy type
Treetop's Avatar
The other extreme, guys hitting each other in the face, hard punches over and over, and still unscratched, maybe two drops of blood. In the least their hands would be severely damaged....


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careful! hobbyking worst customer service ever Ryhza Electric Heli Talk 12 Mar 19, 2012 10:08 PM
Discussion worst epic fail EVER. andrewho83 Micro Helis 9 Mar 16, 2012 06:10 PM
Help! Worst flying day ever! Teamsherman Australia 18 Dec 27, 2011 06:34 PM
Discussion Worst Mustang ever? leccyflyer Electric Plane Talk 32 Oct 25, 2011 01:06 PM