New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
Find More Posts by logan5
I'd say Midway was the worst WWII flying movie.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by splatman
Vertical Wake
"Midway" was pretty bad. Historically inaccurate, depicting modern US carriers as IJN carriers, etc.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:30 AM
Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel
And my apologies to you, too BobHSG. Wine and a laptop are not always a good combination, especially after having to wait a few hours to reply thanks to a power outage.

CD
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
Regarding "Midway", the blatant reuse of "Tora, Tora, Tora" footage got annoying, too. There's one scene that really stood out, when a Val pulled out and you could see an American battleship in the background, amidst a forest of masts.

I don't mind inaccuracies in movies made during or shortly after WWII. The Bad Guys weren't going to lend us aircraft to use in movies, so you had P-51's playing Me-109's, AT-6's, SNC's, and P-43's playing Zeros (i.e., "Air Force"). Now that computer graphics make it possible to replicate anything, there's no excuse.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by Majortomski
dusty bible = dirty life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel View Post
Now that computer graphics make it possible to replicate anything, there's no excuse.
But that still doesn't fix bad. I give you Flyboys, CG accurate WW-I planes with modern F-16 combat performance.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski View Post
But that still doesn't fix bad. I give you Flyboys, CG accurate WW-I planes with modern F-16 combat performance.
Whaddya talkin' about "inaccurate" ?..... why do you think the pilots back in WW-I wore scarfs and goggles ?......everytime they kicked in the afterburner they'd get covered in castor oil.

They should have a WW-II movie about German pilots starring Vin Diesel....everytime in the movie when he would climb into the cockpit you'd see kill stickers on the fuselage, and a big NOS sticker.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by DaveG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
Whaddya talkin' about "inaccurate" ?..... why do you think the pilots back in WW-I wore scarfs and goggles ?......everytime they kicked in the afterburner they'd get covered in castor oil.

They should have a WW-II movie about German pilots starring Vin Diesel....everytime in the movie when he would climb into the cockpit you'd see kill stickers on the fuselage, and a big NOS sticker.
..... and painted in Go Daddy.com.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
They would do it and the majority of movie-going people would buy it.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
Most of the public can't tell fact from fancy. They believe we have faster-than-light travel, that all cars blow up when they run off the road, etc.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by DaveG
Quote:
Most of the public can't tell fact from fancy. They believe we have faster-than-light travel, that all cars blow up when they run off the road, etc.
....and change you can believe in.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Quote:
all cars blow up when they run off the road, etc.
Yea whats up with that? Not only do they blow up they do so with great force, usually enough force to toss them into the air!

The other thing that has always bugged me is guys getting dropped with one punch and out cold for the rest of the action sequence.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Sloping off....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski View Post
Yep, and I've only seen the trailers, but that showcases all that is bad about overblown, overdone CGI.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Yea whats up with that? Not only do they blow up they do so with great force, usually enough force to toss them into the air!

The other thing that has always bugged me is guys getting dropped with one punch and out cold for the rest of the action sequence.

Only in Chuck Norris films could that be true !
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:52 AM
Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Sloping off....
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
Only in Chuck Norris films could that be true !
True.

In the LTUP alterniverse that one punch is more likely to be fatal.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:58 AM
Find More Posts by Treetop
sensitive artsy type
The other extreme, guys hitting each other in the face, hard punches over and over, and still unscratched, maybe two drops of blood. In the least their hands would be severely damaged....