Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 04, 2012, 06:54 PM
Registered User
Regarding the SG Drone, I've got one and am very pleased. The build quality is excellent and the bird flies well. Support is excellent. Emails are promptly answered and the bird is shipped on the promised date. Spare parts are readily available.

Be sure and order the glide controller if you get one. It also works as advertised and makes the bird easier to fly.
Last edited by keithm; Dec 04, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2012, 02:03 AM
Registered User
rayonnair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Barrows View Post
Hello: I'm an old guy new to the group. I'm going to buy an ornithopter and I would like to ask those of you in the group what you think of the SG Drone unit. Is it comparable to what is made in this Country and are parts available if one needs them? It looks like a quality unit.
Thanks,
Clarence
Can't give a direct comparison as I don't own a kinkade bird, but the SG drone / protoseni bird is a good flyer. Spare parts was of a real concern to me and I've always managed to get spares from yovi / protoseni, plus they always seem to keep a fair amount of them in stock. In addition, the way the bird is built you can replace a fair number of the parts on it with heli and buggy parts sourced from your LHS. So I don't think you will have an issue.
Dec 05, 2012, 08:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Can't give a direct comparison as I don't own a kinkade bird, but the SG drone / protoseni bird is a good flyer. Spare parts was of a real concern to me and I've always managed to get spares from yovi / protoseni, plus they always seem to keep a fair amount of them in stock. In addition, the way the bird is built you can replace a fair number of the parts on it with heli and buggy parts sourced from your LHS. So I don't think you will have an issue.
Yes is sure..you will get the full support / parts / later update or upgrade from Sgdrone.
Dec 05, 2012, 12:45 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithm View Post
Regarding the SG Drone, I've got one and am very pleased. The build quality is excellent and the bird flies well. Support is excellent. Emails are promptly answered and the bird is shipped on the promised date. Spare parts are readily available.

Be sure and order the glide controller if you get one. It also works as advertised and makes the bird easier to fly.
Keithm, Rayonnair, Carbonsail; Thank you all for your input. I appreciate the information you have supplied. It helps this novice at RC flying make an informed decision when spending what I consider to be a serious sum of money on a hobby item, especially given the alternatives available.
Clarence
Dec 07, 2012, 08:52 PM
Registered User
Guys,

Please visit new website contains information about our ornithopters http://www.carbonsail.com/index.html

For our existing customer, please post photo of you and your ornithopters in this thread and we will send you a gift.

Cheers,

Yovi
Dec 09, 2012, 11:39 PM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
subscribed.......
Dec 10, 2012, 02:11 AM
Closed Account
I treid the glide unit on my robirds but it doesn't work for my birds. I need a device that is more accurate.
Dec 10, 2012, 02:24 AM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Which glide unit are you referring to? The one from France or Asia? Because it seems you robirds glides pretty well.
Dec 10, 2012, 03:04 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Which glide unit are you referring to? The one from France or Asia? Because it seems you robirds glides pretty well.
Yovio's glide unit. The Gldab can't be used too. I think the magnets to stop the motor are to big and can't stop the motor exactly on one point. It is not the problem of the glide unit but of my intern mechanism.

I use a simple mechanical switch in my bird but it also doesn't work properly.
Dec 10, 2012, 04:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalconhollan View Post
Yovio's glide unit. The Gldab can't be used too. I think the magnets to stop the motor are to big and can't stop the motor exactly on one point. It is not the problem of the glide unit but of my intern mechanism.

I use a simple mechanical switch in my bird but it also doesn't work properly.
Hi,

Its almost impossible to stop the at the exact positiob of the magnet due to the momentum from the wings movement. Ussually i put the magnet about 30 degree before the intended stop position.

Thanks,

Yovi
Jan 17, 2013, 06:19 PM
Registered User
So I noticed on the SGDrone website you are now offering different pushrod types. Whats the difference between them, and would it be possable to upgrade from the V1 to the V2 or V3?

Do the later versions put less stress on the screw connecting the pushrod to the outer gear? I've gone through like 10 of those screws already as they keep snapping off.
Jan 17, 2013, 08:30 PM
Registered User
therealthing691's Avatar
I mentioned at the start that this would be a weak point on there birds and would need to be a flex plate set up / or extremely beefy rod ends i am glad to see them offering a different option and it would be good if they showed us what it was regards Brian
Jan 28, 2013, 01:46 AM
Registered User
rcpilot23's Avatar
Subscribed
So where do I get one of these drones from ?
Jan 28, 2013, 01:48 AM
Registered User
rcpilot23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovio View Post
Guys,

Please visit new website contains information about our ornithopters http://www.carbonsail.com/index.html

For our existing customer, please post photo of you and your ornithopters in this thread and we will send you a gift.

Cheers,

Yovi
I have sent an email to you business sales email address thanks
Feb 02, 2013, 07:24 PM
Registered User
samson55's Avatar
I didn't read this entire thread - but isn't it possible to utilize a programmable ESC that has a brake feature? I use this on my powered gliders. I would imagine you could get the wings to lock that way.


Thread Tools