Ornithopters Glide Controller & Protoseni's Bird - Page 11 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Aug 27, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Snetzka's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubute
Thanks for that, Snetzka. I'm afraid I don't know how to go about that sort of programming but I'm willing to have a go.

Are you talking about having two sensors as I described? How would you plug them in, or does this mean a hardware change to the glide controller?

Or is what you're talking about a way of making it stop at different angles?

Or maybe this is transmitter stuff?

Forgive me, my knowledge is limited.
Hi, Ubute.

No - that was aimed at Yovio. It was software code written in shorthand for the solution to our problem. If implemented all we (end user) need to do is select either a 2 or 3 way switch as the channel to use as the glide controller input and the s/w does the rest. Selecting a 2 way switch would give us a choice of two glide positions, and a 3 way switch would give us 2 glide positions with the centre position giving us gllide controller 'off'. It would still need two sensors, and a software update etc... But it would give the glide controller more functionallity and us more control.

Let's sit back and see what Yovio can do for us.

Much appriciated Yovio for the customer response and attention.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2012, 11:24 PM
Registered User
therealthing691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubute
Hi Brian and Aeronut

I've tried using hard brake on a Castle Creations ESC, but it holds so tight the ratchets probably don't come into play at all. With practice I got better at hitting the skids close to the right moment, but usually had to nudge the wings into a more satisfactory position. They never seemed to drop back onto the rachets, though.

While this method seemed an advance over the randomness of the ratchets, I'd still lose a lot of height nudging the wings. (Actually the ratchets aren't very random, they're 90% pigeon glide!)

The Protoseni glide controller looks like being the best solution for me, especially if it becomes switchable.
I agree with you andrew but i use a hard brake esc on all my birds and the only thing i have had a problem with once or twice is a anhederal lock which can be a bit scarey but i have got it pretty well right most times these days.
It still can be a bit random but i dont mind it.
One of these glide locks makes it first time very time
cheers Brian
Aug 27, 2012, 11:31 PM
Registered User
therealthing691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snetzka
Hi, Ubute.

No - that was aimed at Yovio. It was software code written in shorthand for the solution to our problem. If implemented all we (end user) need to do is select either a 2 or 3 way switch as the channel to use as the glide controller input and the s/w does the rest. Selecting a 2 way switch would give us a choice of two glide positions, and a 3 way switch would give us 2 glide positions with the centre position giving us gllide controller 'off'. It would still need two sensors, and a software update etc... But it would give the glide controller more functionallity and us more control.

Let's sit back and see what Yovio can do for us.

Much appriciated Yovio for the customer response and attention.
Well if Yovio comes up with what you are saying here i think this would make it much more inviting and would be great
cheers Brian
Aug 31, 2012, 06:33 PM
Registered User
Is somebody here who knows, what the Protoseni's bird weight is?

Thanks in advance !

Otto
Aug 31, 2012, 11:55 PM
Registered User

Protoseni's Bird Weight


This is not 100% accurate. I have it partially disassembled and weighed it by balancing it on the nose and the weight fluctuated as it wobbled back and forth. This was the most repeated weight.

Bird ready to fly less battery: 17.24 Oz
Thunder Power 1350 MAh LiPo: 2.42 Oz.

Richard S
Sep 01, 2012, 12:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF226
This is not 100% accurate. I have it partially disassembled and weighed it by balancing it on the nose and the weight fluctuated as it wobbled back and forth. This was the most repeated weight.

Bird ready to fly less battery: 17.24 Oz
Thunder Power 1350 MAh LiPo: 2.42 Oz.

Richard S
Richard , thanks a lot.

Otto
Sep 05, 2012, 10:48 AM
Registered User
Where can I oerder the Protosenis Orni
Sep 05, 2012, 11:33 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy70
Where can I oerder the Protosenis Orni
http://www.sgdrone.com/p/18/ornithop...rd-52-wingspan
Sep 07, 2012, 04:07 PM
Registered User
stanordave's Avatar
Had my first full flight today! Besides attracting the local Hawk populace, kids from all over showed up by the end of the 8 or so minutes I was up. I really enjoyed flying it and may have garnered a few, new young fliers for our local club. WIn WIn!

Too bad the wind is scheduled to really blow this weekend. I was hoping to get a number of flights in tomorrow...

Good job Yovio - Thanks!

Cheers.
Mike
Oct 01, 2012, 04:53 PM
Beastcopter Pilot
taudronis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade
Nothing beats the simplicity and lightness of my mechanical Glide-Loc. LIG and myself did extensive testing which supported this.

You should be ashamed of yourself Wayne Holt.
Based on what I read about your reliability on fulfilling orders... maybe it's you who should be ashamed. Yovi, thanks for making a product that actually gets out to customers.
Oct 03, 2012, 08:54 AM
Natural flight
Devabird's Avatar
Hi,

what is the weight of this glide controler please?

regards
Oct 03, 2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devabird
Hi,

what is the weight of this glide controler please?

regards
About 6 grams.
Oct 06, 2012, 11:30 AM
Registered User
Hi Guys,
How do you take wrinkles out of the wing and tail covering?

Thanks.
Oct 26, 2012, 01:47 PM
Registered User

Extra Wing, Tail, Wide tail & Gears available for order.


Hi,

Just want to inform that now we sell extra wing, tail or wide tail and gears for those who want to purchase.

Cheers,

Yovi
Dec 04, 2012, 06:20 PM
Registered User
Hello: I'm an old guy new to the group. I'm going to buy an ornithopter and I would like to ask those of you in the group what you think of the SG Drone unit. Is it comparable to what is made in this Country and are parts available if one needs them? It looks like a quality unit.
Thanks,
Clarence


Thread Tools