New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by goforit
Build Log

Y/A Starfire build

Hi,

Few of us still fly ducted fans and I would like to share my build with you. Wings, Stabs, and controll surfaces are glassed and ready for final sanding.

The inflight mixture controll was glued on with goop. If I decided to go electric in the future it makes removal a lot easier.

Elevator servos are mounted in the stabs.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
Find More Posts by phjoker
I have been thinking about building one of these over the winter and making it edf power.Keep on posting
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:33 AM
Find More Posts by RCvertt
Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
...The inflight mixture control...
Looks good.

What is an inflight mixture control? Is that a servo connected to the engines needle valve?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:16 PM
Wings and stabs are real close to being ready to prime. I am working on making the Aileron and Elevator covers. I use 2 layers of 1/64 plywood. Cut 1/4 oversize.

Glue together with slow super glow and tape in place. Let dry over night and cut to fit..
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:29 AM
My bird is ready for primer. Very happy with the results. Time to start thing about a color scheme.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by jetflyr

Starfire coke machine

Starifire circa 2003. best DF jet ever!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 AM
Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Do it Right, the first time!
Looking good, goforit

I started a scratch built one last fall. I got pretty far along, until the F-86F bug bit me. Pics in blog-- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=239555

All wing and stab angles and incidence are all ready put in. The idea was to make a plug and glass it, and start from there. I got every measurement I could from hofer's V2 Starfire, so I good from that point. I am thinking of modifying the intakes to use the JetFan 90, because it puts out as much thrust as the OS91/Dynamax does, somewhere around 12-14lb. Heck, it would be smaller than the F-86F I'm building now. Will see, next winters project. If I don't get side tracked again.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by Dr Honda
I like the Coke theme.

Post pics of the maiden.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by jetflyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
I like the Coke theme.

Post pics of the maiden.
The maiden was 9 years ago.