Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
Discussion

Sunset over the river

I wanted to capture a sunset with some clouds, so I took a couple of my planes to our riverfront flying field. It was a really nice evening, so my wife and our puppy accompanied me. I mounted my trusty old Nikon L3 on my Easystar and captured a few shots right at sunset. This old camera doesn't do too bad in low light.

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2012, 10:13 PM
"sunset over the wetlands" came out very nice
the downstream view is my second favorite
Jun 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
Norbert
The last two are my favorites too.
Nicely captured the sunset over the fields!
Cheers,
Norbert
Jun 16, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys.

Tony
Jun 16, 2012, 08:40 PM
Great shots - I appreciate the effort and skill to be at the right place, right time & right framing exposure, lens and all.

regarding sunset shots, anyone here tried HDR from the air? Is there motion/vibration issues that preclude it?

Jim
Jun 16, 2012, 09:47 PM

Part II

Thanks Jem3.

I followed last night's effort with a flight from the hilltop manor owned by some in-laws. I was a couple of miles downstream from the flying field and 400 feet above the valley floor. Conditions were not good for AP, with a slow moving front bringing increasing cloud cover throughout the evening. I tossed out a bunch of photos. Here are the ones I thought were worth sharing.

Tony
Jun 17, 2012, 11:32 AM
Another one coming in to land. It was getting dark by this time. I still haven't figured out why some - but not all - of my photos the last couple of evenings have have a nebulous white smudge in the lower right.

Tony
Jun 26, 2012, 09:28 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem3
Great shots - I appreciate the effort and skill to be at the right place, right time & right framing exposure, lens and all.

regarding sunset shots, anyone here tried HDR from the air? Is there motion/vibration issues that preclude it?

Jim
Hi Jim

I think it would be pretty difficult
On the other hand I have used Dynamic photo HDR ap with good results. You can give an HDR effect to pretty much any pic with it.

Heres a few I posted - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...78&postcount=1

Cheers
Frank
Jun 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Those are really great sunset pictures!
Jun 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks qb.

Tony