Oct 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
me too ! .....on another note i tested the ducts and im way off on the ducts ,i think due to the length they had way more suction than i had thought ....so i need to do another set with heavier cloth and maybe a two layered version. i had a 6s set up on 5s and the ducts were collasping so back to the drawing board on those.but great news that the kits are shipping .
I have no doubt you'll nail this down. Have you figured up a price on the intake and exhaust ducts yet?
I'd be more than happy to place a deposit on mine.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2012, 06:16 PM
deltas are cool
i have a price for the inlet ducts .....but let me get a set working so i can be sure .then i'll pm you guys with details.
Oct 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
i have a price for the inlet ducts .....but let me get a set working so i can be sure .then i'll pm you guys with details.
Great. After reading what a great time you guys had in Vegas I'm planning on making it next year if things work out. Be pretty cool to have a few of these there.

Mike
Oct 21, 2012, 07:47 PM
Fly more Foam
Just PM me then when you get a chance!
I guess since Fahim is helping his dad we can pick up the build and collectively make up the build manual as we go. Fahim did a great job on the A10 manual and im sure we can make him proud on what we can do when we put our heads together.
Mine is scheduled for a tuesday drop off so will see.
Sam
Oct 22, 2012, 05:20 PM
deltas are cool
i got one duct laid up today ,i use a layer of 5.8 oz on the inner wall and 8.8 oz cloth wrapped around the plug ,i think if the other ducts were glued together where they meet i would not have seen the flexing .....but this stronger glass layup will give the guys with big power a safe inlet duct.i'll report soon on how these ducts worked.
who will be the first to get there kit ?
Oct 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
Fly more Foam
I guess that might be me! A day early also over what the tracking hadEverything arrived fine and intact with no damage. The plastics look good .
I would like to get a tally on who gets the initial kits . Since Fahim has had to postpone his build and there for no instructions, what would be the best way to handle this build without doing it ten different ways??????
Oct 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
deltas are cool
im not sure ,i would do it but im going to be really busy makeing ducts.i guess we could all jump in ,or at least add guidence to who ever gets started first,i know i have a few ideas about the ducting ,there going to have to be installed at a certian time or else they wont go in .im sure the exhust duct will be the same .
Oct 22, 2012, 06:31 PM
MYC
MYC
Inconceivable!
I got mine today too... but USPS beat the out of the box! I already sent him a PM and the good news is that other than the wings the remaining damaged parts should be fixable...

Just my luck

Mark
Oct 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
deltas are cool
oh man ,looks like it got kicked and sat on ....and they wonder why they cant make any money. the fuse Fahim sent me to make the ducts was all beat up ...almost every part in the box had damage.mine has to come all the way to the coast..hope it is not going to look like that.
Oct 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
Wowplanes.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYC
I got mine today too... but USPS beat the out of the box! I already sent him a PM and the good news is that other than the wings the remaining damaged parts should be fixable...Just my luck

Mark
Mark
Fortunately we have a spare set. It will be on the way. USPS are usually good, but every so often they mess up.
Fahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
I guess that might be me! A day early also over what the tracking hadEverything arrived fine and intact with no damage. The plastics look good .
I would like to get a tally on who gets the initial kits . Since Fahim has had to postpone his build and there for no instructions, what would be the best way to handle this build without doing it ten different ways??????
I had started a manual at http://www.wowplanes.com/T38%20Talon...n%20Manual.htm

When you do a build, take and post a lots of pics and I can use them to complete the manual.

Thanks
Fahim
Oct 22, 2012, 08:08 PM
My box was trashed also by our friends at the USPS. I haven't opened it yet. It will have to wait till the AM.

Mike
Oct 22, 2012, 08:15 PM
Fly more Foam
Wow Mark, sorry to see the damage that USPS caused. Good to hear that the rest came to you ok.

AS, im in the same boat and wont be able to start till after the holidays but i think you should lead the way on duct installation. Please PM me on when in the build you think the ducts should be installed and ill try to follow up with some initial building up to that point. Having built the A10 and following Fahim on the prototype, i could start with some initial steps.
Im thinking that BEFORE we publicly post anything that maybe we save it and run it by Fahim first, just my two cents. When he stamps his approval then it can be posted and then complied for the instructions. Any mods incoporated then are free to post and open to any comments but for the actual stock instructions i think it should be ran by Fahim first.
Im open for suggestions and ideas.
Sam

EDIT: just looked at your initial instructions Fahim and i think that would cover the build up to duct installation. What thoughts do you have for gear intallation? The few mods i did on the A10 nose mount has really held up despite my less than perfect landings. I still have the SpringAires for the Hog and plan to use these on the Talon. Are there any differances in your ideas and the mountings compared to the Hog?
Last edited by sam51401; Oct 22, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Oct 22, 2012, 08:51 PM
Fly more Foam
Fahim
I like the aluminum angles with the thumb tacks for helping in the assembly of the sides to the top.
Pay your favorite hardware store a visit for some angle, looks like maybe 1" or 1.5" angle.

Seen your referance to the mouinting of the nose gear and sounds like a firewall mount. I might do a rail mount since looking for retracts for my A10, seems like rails are the more numerous availible.
WEIGHT????? In picking or considering other options, what target weight are we shooting for again? Yea my A10 came in at 18lbs so this time for sure, im going for LIGHTER!!!!!!!
If i replace my EFlite 60-120 size retracts with Robarts, then i would have these to use alos besides the Spring Aires.
Main gear legs, IDEA.....are there any offset struts like what the P47 uses, ie the giant scale Robart struts, that are smaller for say a 60 size P47?
Now the wheels are turning and i might have to start earlier
Oct 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
deltas are cool
im going for a rail mount NG also .i plan on a good sized hatch on the bottom installing the ducts ,the inlets will be bonded in ,but the exhust need to be able to slide aft so the fan/motor can be worked on .the foam piece that the nose will attach to can not be glued in before the ducts are installed that much i know from building the main fuse ,i'll post a pic or there might be on of how far i went .
Oct 22, 2012, 10:27 PM
deltas are cool
post #605 shows where i cut the bottom piece to gain access to the ducts.

Quick Reply