Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 07, 2012, 12:08 PM
Lee Liddle
Knife Liddle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotorc4
Fahim,
How about making the Iranian Saeqeh (Thunderbolt),
all it is a copy of an F-5 with twin tails.
Pretty cool looking, just buy a kit and make an extra vertical, or maybe just pay a little extra for a second vertical.

I saw the F-5/T-38 "Great Planes" episode on the Military Chanel the other day. Pretty good video, it`s probably on youtube. It explains some of the evolution of the airframe from inception thru the Tiger II.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2012, 01:07 PM
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
i liked the part where they showed the f5a doing short field takeoffs and landi gs on q dirt strip
Oct 08, 2012, 10:32 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
yeah i watched the vid ...it was really a great little jet ,i think yeager was asked what plane he'd liked best for a dog fight .....he said a F-5 with a side winder missle
Oct 10, 2012, 04:57 AM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbrander
Fahim - how about the ATG Javelin after the T-38. Smokin' hot and would almost be the same design...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotorc4
Fahim, How about making the Iranian Saeqeh (Thunderbolt), all it is a copy of an F-5 with twin tails.
It's all doable, just need 10 people to commit, and after I get my family situation settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBolt
Fahim, I think you have another winner here.
Thanks. Much of the credit goes to all here for the help.
Oct 10, 2012, 06:14 PM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
Fahim please do the F20 in the same size.
Oct 15, 2012, 09:54 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
i had a succsessful weekend in vegas madiening my all composite F-20 ,today i got the plugs prepped for layups ,i'll start tomarrow.
Fahim what is the latest from your end ? any good news about your father?.
Oct 16, 2012, 06:23 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
mike2663's Avatar
AS been following the big T-38 saga on the Ace in the hole thread. Looks like a great meet I'll make a effort to make next year. Sucks to see they both has issues. I'm still in on your ducts.
I also hope Fahim's dad is still on the road to recovery.

Mike
Oct 16, 2012, 05:37 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
i laid up the first set today ,the preping ,cutting cloth, and doing the lay up took about 2 hrs,it will take atleast one more hour to seam them both,then i'll get pics up . one guy has already made payment so he will get the first set ,i've been holding his money long enough i hav'nt herd from anyone else ,but maybe they are waiting to get there kits from Fahim.they should be shipping pretty soon ...i hope.then i need to start the exhust ducting pretty soon . i need to rebuild my Cars engine so that will take up some of my time .
the big 1/4 scale T-38 that flew at Vegas really cool ,they were very stable and came off the ground at very low speeds. i think the Wow planes size will be really good and have some great performance.if we can get these to weigh between 7-9 lbs we are going to have big smiles on our faces.
Oct 16, 2012, 07:47 PM
Fly more Foam
sam51401's Avatar
hey AS, im in for the complete ducts and yes i am waiting for the kit to show up and start the explaining to the wife i will have another project. Im still tweaking the A10 and in need of a beefed up nose gear so working on that.
I havent heard from Fahim and i to hope things are improving. He did send me the other two sets of LS i ordered while he was home.
Oct 16, 2012, 07:58 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
mike2663's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
i laid up the first set today ,the preping ,cutting cloth, and doing the lay up took about 2 hrs,it will take atleast one more hour to seam them both,then i'll get pics up . one guy has already made payment so he will get the first set ,i've been holding his money long enough i hav'nt herd from anyone else ,but maybe they are waiting to get there kits from Fahim.they should be shipping pretty soon ...i hope.then i need to start the exhust ducting pretty soon . i need to rebuild my Cars engine so that will take up some of my time .
the big 1/4 scale T-38 that flew at Vegas really cool ,they were very stable and came off the ground at very low speeds. i think the Wow planes size will be really good and have some great performance.if we can get these to weigh between 7-9 lbs we are going to have big smiles on our faces.
Please PM me you payment preference and cost on intake and exhaust ducts and I'll get payment sent to you.

Mike
Last edited by mike2663; Oct 16, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

+1


+1

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
Please PM me you payment preference and cost on intake and exhaust ducts and I'll get payment sent to you.

Mike
Oct 17, 2012, 05:19 AM
MYC
MYC
Inconceivable!
MYC's Avatar
+2

Mark-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA
+1

Ralph
Oct 17, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
mike2663's Avatar
Great to see there's still a lot of interest in this project. I've cleared the tables ordered my Jet fan 90 and HET motor and am ready to roll on this. Hope you guys are ready to get your brains picked.

Mike
Oct 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Wowplanes.com
awrightbrother's Avatar

Update


Dad's making progress slowly but surely in rehab, considering he is 92 going on 93. So far so good. I don't want to make any predictions because at his age things can change on a dime. Hoping and praying for smooth sailing though.

The kits were ready and boxed, waiting for plastics from Sparky. They arrived last week but one part was missing, and he has shipped that now. Wife will start shipping the kits as soon as she has the missing part.

I am looking forward to your builds. My build will have to wait till I get back home and go thru rehab myself

Remember: "Everything will be alright in the end, and if it is not, then it means we are not at the end yet"

Fahim
Oct 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
Fly more Foam
sam51401's Avatar
Good to hear Fahim!

Looking forward to another Wowplanes build.

FYI, the A-10 is still going strong with the exception of the retracts. Just got off the phone with Robart about thier new electric series and sounds really good. More news to follow for sure.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Is there a 90mm F-5, F-20, or T-38? demetrius Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 May 10, 2016 12:03 AM
Cool Micro F-5/T-38 Parkflyer Build boingk Pusher Prop Jet Models 2 Oct 17, 2011 09:58 PM
Discussion T-38 talon/F-5 5" EDF Wingnut31 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 12 Feb 11, 2011 11:13 AM
Discussion HUGE 6mm F-5 hand cut kit....any interest? corsair nut Foamy EDFs 45 Apr 27, 2008 10:32 PM